Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Traumamoma

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Summit White
2 more simple tuning questions

Greetings all. Trying to educate myself.
First question: is it the LT headers that blows the warranty or the tune??
Second question: besides reduction in power bump, what are consequences of LT headers WITHOUT a tune?? I have a tune and headers scheduled at ECS in a few weeks and am getting nervous after reading this forum about engine lights, inspections, idling problems etc. The tuner is multiple hours from my house so it's not like I can drop by on my way to work if there is a problem. All I want is another 40-50 RWHP delivered RELIABLY. I am not going to drag race the car. Mostly street driving and the occasional track day. Thanks. Regards, Peter
Traumamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Without a tune you will eventually end up with codes, besides that you are not getting the most from your mods that were not cheap. To date I have never had a car lose it's warranty from headers and or a tune ever. I cannot and will not guaranty that in writing, but that is our experience to date. With 1000's of cars tuned here thats pretty good odds IMO.

Hope that helps!
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
quincy speeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
There is a ton of talk about warrenty denial but not much about people getting denied.

My Camaro had headers,tune,gears,intake. Got lifter noise. The dealer warrentied it no problem and I never been there before. They saw the mods with no cats ect.

2008 C6, 427ci,YSI,mcleod clutch,Alky control, built tranny, custom fuel system. 985rwhp, best 1/4 -9.4 at 152mph. still trying to get the shifting down:(
quincy speeder is offline   Reply With Quote