Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #169
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
I have seen it an know it first hand, have a garage full of classics that have come from auctions and buyer to buyer sales.
What do you have? Like to see pics.

Modern day mass produced cars are depreciating assets. Pampering a car will offset some of the depreciation, but in the end we all wind up with less worth.

You bought it, do with it what you want.

Last edited by ratfinkharley; 01-23-2014 at 11:37 PM.
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 AM   #170
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
for me I Drive my Honda because I have to take my gear from the field which is covered in dirt mud and anything else at the army put you through. Not to mention we do pt in the morning and I prefer a new car smell not sweaty ass smell.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #171
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
I store mine, have more than 1 car. Now back when I was young the 68rs was my one and only and it seen everything Mother Nature could throw at it. Man, I had fun 365 day a year in that car!

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #172
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
To the guy that has to constantly post after I post, as if you have some sort of creepy ticker that lets you know. Yes its worth it! I have a million reasons why but not worth the time describing to you. you can tell the difference for one in resale, not just a KBB internet search. But if you understood the difference in market of west coast weather region cars compared to east/bad weather related areas and the impact it has on resale and your car over time, you would not care much about a KBB search. I have seen it an know it first hand, have a garage full of classics that have come from auctions and buyer to buyer sales. Not my fault you dont understand the concept of not killing your car, or what the elements do over time, and how much that is appreciated at resale, or weather a car is garaged or not. Learn some values, research dealer auction values compared to KBB, learn Hagerty trends, and go to a show or auction once, understand how much a car subjected to snow,salt,black ice etc compared to same garage kept compares and impacts final hammer price.
Get a clue for once dont troll
Ok I had another reply but rethought it and decided to just start over.
For one I am no troll, I don't follow anyone around and post after them. You are being paranoid. I hardly ever look at who is posting just what they are posting. Now that I have that out of the way I will answer your post.
I have been buying and selling cars for over 40 years. I have had collectables and classics, sports cars and everyday cars, condition is the most important factor in a used car value. Not how much it has been driven or where it has been stored. I buy my cars to enjoy driving, not to worry about what the resale value will be when I sell it. I love my Camaro, it makes me smile every time I drive it. When I am out in another car and see a Camaro go buy it makes me want to go home and get mine.
I found out you never know what the future has in store for you. You better enjoy what you have while you can. If you enjoy parking your car out of sight and only driving it on nice days then that is OK. But don't make sarcastic remarks about resale value to the people that enjoy driving their car every day. Because they are doing what makes them happy or what they have to do. Resale value means little if you find yourself, like I did, some day in a chemotherapy bed with God know what kind of chemicals are being pumped into you and not knowing if you will ever live long enough to be able to drive your car again.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #173
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Almost 40 grand is a lot of money to me to pay for a car. I've got a 04 Olds and a 05 Equinox. No reason in the world to take my expensive car out in foul weather.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #174
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Ok I had another reply but rethought it and decided to just start over.
For one I am no troll, I don't follow anyone around and post after them. You are being paranoid. I hardly ever look at who is posting just what they are posting. Now that I have that out of the way I will answer your post.
I have been buying and selling cars for over 40 years. I have had collectables and classics, sports cars and everyday cars, condition is the most important factor in a used car value. Not how much it has been driven or where it has been stored. I buy my cars to enjoy driving, not to worry about what the resale value will be when I sell it. I love my Camaro, it makes me smile every time I drive it. When I am out in another car and see a Camaro go buy it makes me want to go home and get mine.
I found out you never know what the future has in store for you. You better enjoy what you have while you can. If you enjoy parking your car out of sight and only driving it on nice days then that is OK. But don't make sarcastic remarks about resale value to the people that enjoy driving their car every day. Because they are doing what makes them happy or what they have to do. Resale value means little if you find yourself, like I did, some day in a chemotherapy bed with God know what kind of chemicals are being pumped into you and not knowing if you will ever live long enough to be able to drive your car again.
I have to agree. Very few people get rich hanging onto a car. Most people that play in that world are already rich. I live on both sides if this argument. While I see no sense in storing a car in a garage and not enjoying it in the hopes that it may be worth something to someone one day, I also see no sense in putting it in situations that may harm it or wear it out early (like diving it on salt covered roads or parking in a Walmart lot) ..
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #175
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Personally I could careless about resale value. I bought the car for me and for me to enjoy only. In summer time it more a daily driver but in winter I have a 05 colorado with 15x,xxx miles on it that is a 4x4. I do not see any reason to park my truck that has driven all over this country so I can take my Camaro out in crappy weather and pretend it is a truck in the snow. If I lived in a climate conducive to DD a Camaro I would probably think about it. Then again I like modding things and probably would not want to DD something I have so much money wrapped up into. To each their own though and I don't hate on anybody for doing anything with their cars. Locally we have a guy with a new C7 and he DD, he had a C6 convert that he did the same thing with and traded it in with 138,000 miles on it.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #176
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I have to agree. Very few people get rich hanging onto a car. Most people that play in that world are already rich. I live on both sides if this argument. While I see no sense in storing a car in a garage and not enjoying it in the hopes that it may be worth something to someone one day, I also see no sense in putting it in situations that may harm it or wear it out early (like diving it on salt covered roads or parking in a Walmart lot) ..
Yep, I tend to leave mine parked on bad days if I can, but only because it's not fun to drive at that time.
I drove mine yesterday at 18 degrees and this morning when it was 6 degrees. And I still enjoyed it..
Like I said it's ok if you don't want to drive in bad weather or even park it in a garage all winter, just don't care for those that try to put down people that choose to drive theirs year around and have no garage to park in. I may not understand why you do what you do but you have every right to do it, it's your choice.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-24-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #177
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
I can't put mine in the garage. It is full of motorcycles and bikes, but I take my second car when I just do around town errands and stuff like that. I would much rather just keep the miles down on the Camaro when I can.

If you have the ability to not drive it 24/7, why would you put extra miles on the car.
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #178
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post
I can't put mine in the garage. It is full of motorcycles and bikes, but I take my second car when I just do around town errands and stuff like that. I would much rather just keep the miles down on the Camaro when I can.

If you have the ability to not drive it 24/7, why would you put extra miles on the car.
Because they are fun to drive, and when it is worn out, they will sell you another one. What are you saving the miles for?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #179
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Funny bird, funny how your the one stating about sarcastic remarks ,yet yesterday you tried to be funny and post a sarcastic remark when describing the plastic on the back of the car which you got laughed at for.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #180
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Funny bird, funny how your the one stating about sarcastic remarks ,yet yesterday you tried to be funny and post a sarcastic remark when describing the plastic on the back of the car which you got laughed at for.
I wasn't being sarcastic in that remark. It was serious.
Your feeble attempt at a joke was begging for it. And I called you out. And for those that laughed at, me well considering who it was its nothing to worry about.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-24-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #181
MikeInVegas

Drives: 2013 2SS
My Camaro is my daily driver. There were a few days this winter where we had 4-6 inches of water running down the streets and mud everywhere, so I drove the truck on those days. I love my Camaro but it isn't a collectable car and will someday be replaced.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #182
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Okay, I'll admit it, my car is a garage queen!!! Owned it since June 2009, it has about 7850 miles on it now. I do it….because I can!!! It is not my daily-driver, it's my weekend toy, and I like it that way. Plus, my winters here are horrible, I'm not about to drive it around in the winter and slide off into a ditch. I can't afford the $100k cars, so this is my pride and joy, and I like the fact that it has low mileage, and still looks like new. To each their own…..everyone can enjoy their cars in their own way…..not a problem!!!
Perfectly stated, nothing more for me to say.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote