Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #43
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
Guys,Guys,Guys........they've refined the interior so much that alittle extra sound has to be piped in.....it still sounds badass outside......DUH. You guys are really stretching to find things to whine about.
I think .1-.2 seconds faster on paper is a wrist slap. The SS gives a simple wrist slap to the GT,probably a limp wrist at that.....
Breaking the GT500 down to a simple 0-60 time is missing the full visceral bowel-emptying force of what 540HP feels like,c'mon,you guys know better than that. I bet that 6.2 makes the SS feel alot faster than the GT than .1-2 seconds. Numbers are garbage,my old Miata felt alot faster than our BMW yet the Bimmer could outperform in every way. It's all in the drive,the GT500 will give you more excitement than the SS,simple as that. It's louder,bolder,tackier,faster,more aggressive,scarier...i could go on. The SS is the better value for a new car,but down the road the rarer and more unique Shelby will hold on its mystique alot better.

Not only did you missread my short... simple... and too the point post, but im pretty sure what you wrote has very little to do with what i said.

The .1-.2 is how much the GT500 beats the Camaro by, the Camaro will be beating the mustang by a good half a second, with alot more power and alot more torque.

"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #44
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wait... i thought this thread was about how the gt500 had a really quiet cabin & engine bay, so they piped in some engine noise to make it sound more like a muscle car to the driver.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 03-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #45
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Not only did you missread my short... simple... and too the point post, but im pretty sure what you wrote has very little to do with what i said.

The .1-.2 is how much the GT500 beats the Camaro by, the Camaro will be beating the mustang by a good half a second, with alot more power and alot more torque.

I don't think we know that yet. Neither the 2010 GT500 or Camaro SS has been tested yet. And neither has been taken to the track. The 2010 GT500 has a carry-over engine from the GT500KR(540hp). Bone stock, with the stock tires, MM&FF ran a 11.92@120mph with the KR.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #46
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Guys guys guys...

But i DO have to ask... If the GT500 being .1-.2 seconds faster for 10k more is an Ass whooping.. Do we even have a term in the English language for how brutally the SS dominates the comparatively priced GT???

I dont think so.
only for one year my friend. and then the lighter mustang with its 400 plus hp WILL BEAT your SS camaro.

dont even start with this shit. Chevy gave you no car to compare to mustang for 7 years and you act like as soon as it comes out that Ford wont wait to see what chevy does and then turn around and make mustang better.

this old stupid argument has no merit and anyone who even tries to say one is better than the other is an a**hole. these 2 companies have always stagered their performance numbers on separate years. they pretty much agree to not come out with new engines and body styles for these 2 cars in the same year so that they can always one up each other.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #47
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #48
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
lol
Old 03-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #49
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
only for one year my friend. and then the lighter mustang with its 400 plus hp WILL BEAT your SS camaro.

dont even start with this shit. Chevy gave you no car to compare to mustang for 7 years and you act like as soon as it comes out that Ford wont wait to see what chevy does and then turn around and make mustang better.

this old stupid argument has no merit and anyone who even tries to say one is better than the other is an a**hole. these 2 companies have always stagered their performance numbers on separate years. they pretty much agree to not come out with new engines and body styles for these 2 cars in the same year so that they can always one up each other.
I politely disagree with you
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #50
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:

Chill out and for the love of god,make your pic smaller.......
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #51
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
and finally comes to mind.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #52
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hello my name is *******..and I think *** **** ****** ******* *** ***** ** *****.
you might wanna change some wording to make this a little nicer. the site has a policy against personal attacks like that, and i don't want the mods coming down on ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
and finally comes to mind.
i can see that coming!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #53
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:

And you misread my post,.1-2 is not a good gauge of how a GT500 even feels in comparision to the SS. Numbers are meaningless,like i said in my simple to understand post,the drive is the thing. The SS may be faster than the GT,but the GT may be more fun or vice versa,the GT500 may be scarier than the SS,IT'S ALL IN THE DRIVE.....we should ban 0-60 talk,it's meaningless.....
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #54
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
you might wanna change some wording to make this a little nicer. the site has a policy against personal attacks like that, and i don't want the mods coming down on ya.
Thanks for the heads up I changed it
Old 03-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #55
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:

Nope Camaro is better. Better quality, better ride, better handling, better speed, and better engine. Better Car. Infact, why dont you start explaining to US why the GT is even being talked about in the same context as the SS?

We wont even see a GT with more than 340hp for another year and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
And you misread my post,.1-2 is not a good gauge of how a GT500 even feels in comparision to the SS. Numbers are meaningless,like i said in my simple to understand post,the drive is the thing. The SS may be faster than the GT,but the GT may be more fun or vice versa,the GT500 may be scarier than the SS,IT'S ALL IN THE DRIVE.....we should ban 0-60 talk,it's meaningless.....
No i didnt misread your post, you just posted an opinion. I posted Cold hard facts.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #56
zebra
just can't seem to leave

the gt500 may have needed an engine noise amplifier, but TAG told us earlier that even as quiet as the cabin is while cruising, you'll sure hear the LS3 when you step on it!

can we please keep this on-topic!
Closed Thread