Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Adam's Waterless Wash

I'm just so happy Adam's waterless wash system that I had to start this thread. If this is a redundant topic then I apologize.

I bought the Adam's waterless wash kit for myself an early father day gift and the funny thing is that I received it yesterday just as I was finishing a 2 hour detailing of my BRM 13 2SS.

I had to take a 2 hour trip afterwards so when I returned home I decided to try out the waterless wash system. It took me all of 15 minutes and I was AMAZED at how good of a job it did, the car wasn't muddy or anything, but it did have road grime and bug guts from the 2 hour turnpike trip and it looked FANTASTIC when I was finished.

If anyone is on the fence on a waterless wash system I can't say enough of how happy I am with the Adam's system, it's going to save allot of cleaning time because it's so quick and easy. Thanks for listening.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I don't think Adam's offers a bad product at all to be honest.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks Paul, WW is one of my favorite products.
My black 05 GTO has only been washed with water 4 times......all the rest either Detail Spray or WW.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
DUDE!!!!

I love Adam's WW! I was going to order some when I didn't get any in my Mystery Box, but I found a brand NEW UNOPENED BOTTLE under the sink!!!!

My husband had hidden it there to use on his truck!

Great product!!! Good enough to hide from your wife.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
DUDE!!!!

I love Adam's WW! I was going to order some when I didn't get any in my Mystery Box, but I found a brand NEW UNOPENED BOTTLE under the sink!!!!

My husband had hidden it there to use on his truck!

Great product!!! Good enough to hide from your wife.
Looks like he is going to have to find a better hiding place.....LOL

Thanks for all the kind words!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Thanks Paul, WW is one of my favorite products.
My black 05 GTO has only been washed with water 4 times......all the rest either Detail Spray or WW.
At what point do you decide to go with a waterless wash? I currently use the optimum rinse-less wash, and while I'm happy with it, there are swirl marks (getting a detail soon to remove them). I am looking to getting a water-less wash but I don't know if it will be enough as the car is my daily driver.
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
i love it personally i keep it in my ruck and use it all the time!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro 79 View Post
At what point do you decide to go with a waterless wash? I currently use the optimum rinse-less wash, and while I'm happy with it, there are swirl marks (getting a detail soon to remove them). I am looking to getting a water-less wash but I don't know if it will be enough as the car is my daily driver.
Waterless Wash is best suited for removing light dust, perhaps a few water spots and if a bird decides to use your car as it's bathroom to soften the bomb before removing it. Products like the Optima Rinseless Wash, or Adam's Rinseless Wash are more for washing your vehicle. I can't speak for the Optima, but Adam's Rinseless Wash can be mixed 1oz product to 15oz distilled water to make Waterless Wash.

Rinseless Wash has more lubricating properties than Waterless wash, so is safer for a bit more than just light dust, water spots, etc... It won't replace a two bucket wash if the car's dirty.

I do spray the front of my vehicles down with Adam's Waterless Wash to help soften bugs before my traditional two bucket wash.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:34 PM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro 79 View Post
I personally use Waterless Wash after every drive in my GTO, (unless I get caught in the rain) even after a 3 or 4 hour road trip.
The dirtier it gets, dust, bugs etc...the more product & MF waterless wash towels I use. Just use common sense start at the top of the car and do the very bottom front & rear last, and you will be fine. Actually I do the front fascia very last so I won't grind in the bug guts into the rest of the paint.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #10
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
I personally use Waterless Wash after every drive in my GTO, (unless I get caught in the rain) even after a 3 or 4 hour road trip.
The dirtier it gets, dust, bugs etc...the more product & MF waterless wash towels I use. Just use common sense start at the top of the car and do the very bottom front & rear last, and you will be fine. Actually I do the front fascia very last so I won't grind in the bug guts into the rest of the paint.

I'd have to stay with Adam Pitale's recommendation. For cars with light garage dust, or that have been driven briefly as the one in the video, collecting light dust/pollen.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:49 AM   #11
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Great, Thanks for all the answers. I use a 2 bucket rinseless wash method, which works great however I was hoping this would be the new move. So it seems like as long as the vehicle isn't too dirty, the adam's is the way to go. Anything more and I'll use the rinseless.

I live in an apartment so I don't have access to a hose, however there is a touchless wash near work that I can go to to get the hard stuff off, then hit it with the Adam's Waterless when I get home. <<<< This may be the best move actually.

The swirls came with the car unfortunately, but I'm pretty sure that I haven't helped. After I get the detail and correction I am planning on keeping them off as long as possible.
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #12
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
Agreed!

I'm an Adam's user for life after using their products

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #13
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
I too am an Adams fanboy, I've not had a bad experience with any of their products. I still plan on doing the regular washes when she gets really dirty but I've been using the waterless wash everyday now when I come home from work and it does a fantastic job, it only takes a few minutes and leaves the finish clean and shiny.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #14
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
After the race Friday and the drive back I could've used a gallon of the waterless wash by that point. It's a great product but it starts disappearing quickly and always wonder where it goes lol.