Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Old 03-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #1
windowschamp

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Wheel Spacers to clear brake caliper?

Found the wheels that I love, bought one from Tirerack and just got it. Test mounted it and found that it fits with one small exception. It barely touches the brake caliper. Seems like I could grind the caliper down just slightly or I could buy a small wheel spacer. I've read many of the posts about the dangers of wheel spacers however I'm talking all I would need is 1/4" or 6mm at the most. I also know that the universal spacers should be avoided. But I would go with a 5X120 spacer for the Camaro and it should be fine.... but looking for feedback and confirmation as well as recommendations of which spacer to use. My car as a 2014 2LT/RS and I've tested fitted and driven 20X10's on all 4's... here's the wheel I just test fitted: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...lar=RS+Package
Attached Images

windowschamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
I'm a little confused. Did you try the 8.5 or 10? Assume you mean that whichever one hits the front caliper....odd that Tirerack would advertise a wheel for your car and it doesn't fit. What is the offset of the wheel? By spacing it, would you send it outside the fender?

Definitely, ONLY look for a hub centric and wheel centric spacer. If the offset allows, you might look into the bolt-on style 'adapter' type spacer... but those start out around an inch thick.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #3
windowschamp

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Wanted to follow-up with my results.... I was wanting to mount 10" wide on all 4 corners and Tirerack of course did not support that however I knew that 10's would work but wasn't sure with this particular wheel. Turns out it does fit but barely scrapes the caliper. I ended up using a grinder and simply shaving about 1/4" off the brake caliper on the front as the rear had plenty of clearance. The wheels worked out fantastic. Here's a photo of the finished product.
windowschamp is offline   Reply With Quote