Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
fnhowe84
GRCC Member

Drives: 2010 RS M6
Audio upgrade to non ba non nav

id like to start with wants:
1. no cables from my phone
2. no mylink or scosche or metra - apparently each has its issues not worth dealing with and i dont need nav in the car. Not to mention the dash kits hide the gauges even moreso than the stock faceplate
3. the best sound via bluetooth connection

Ive read and read and read and compared. I dont want to go with a mylink unit since the bluetooth audio is worse than an aux input. As mentioned above, the dash kits intrude into the car too much covering the gauges below AND they seem to cause problme.s the metra kits is just hidious. looks like an old calculator with all the black buttons

So using the stock head unit, i need a sound processor for better sound, right? re-wire the speakers and install new component system up front, new deck rears (should they be mids only or 3-way?), use a 4-5 channel amp with sub. That solves the sound quality issue and pumps it up. As far as connection from my phone to this new system, Has anyone done anything different than the standard kits? Should i just hook up a speakerphone kit to solve that problem? should it be hooked to the amp instead of the stock head unit?

constructive crit accepted.

Just looking for a straight forward solution for better audio that only needs a bluetooth connection (phone kit is a plus). Trying to avoid "sticking" things to my dash for mics and phones and filling up my center console with wires for BT ktis that always are more of a hassle than worth it and the audio still sucks. I have to turn my radio to 36 to hear mid level sound with the windows down. and yes im a window down driver, prefer the fresh air and performance of the car without the compressor running

K&N Intake, VMAX Icolator, Vitesse TC, 1LE Clean side, Elite CC dirty side, Hotchkis springs 1-1/4 drop after settle
fnhowe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Have you seen the PAC dash kit for installing an aftermarket unit? Almost looks stock.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
fnhowe84
GRCC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Have you seen the PAC dash kit for installing an aftermarket unit? Almost looks stock.

how did I miss that one..... how was the install process? do you need to be an electrician like the Scosche units?

thanks for showing me this

K&N Intake, VMAX Icolator, Vitesse TC, 1LE Clean side, Elite CC dirty side, Hotchkis springs 1-1/4 drop after settle
Old 07-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnhowe84 View Post
how did I miss that one..... how was the install process? do you need to be an electrician like the Scosche units?

thanks for showing me this
Thats not my install. I'm still on the fence on what radio I want to purchase. But here is a pretty good write up of that install.

http://www.tampabaycamaros.com/pac-a...4101-hands-on/
Old 07-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
fnhowe84
GRCC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Thats not my install. I'm still on the fence on what radio I want to purchase. But here is a pretty good write up of that install.

http://www.tampabaycamaros.com/pac-a...4101-hands-on/
Same. looking at well over 1k just in the head unit alone between that faceplate and the unit.... then theres the speakers, amp wires etc.... almost demotivational (my word

Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
There are some good deals on equipment if you look in the right places, and know what you want/need to achieve your end goal.

PAC RPK-GM4101, Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc Audio PS-8, PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2)IB, GB60, GB25, GB10
beak81champ is offline   Reply With Quote