Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #701
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
*still drooling*

I said earlier that I'd personally still take a ZR1 over your Camaro (barely), but you've pushed it way over the top for me, and IMHO, if you sell that car for a ZR1 or even a new Stingray, you're absolutely insane. Hopefully now that you get to actually drive the beast, you've wiped any such thoughts from your mind.

That Tahoe is suweeet! That's similar to how I'd build up my beater Silverado Z71 if I had the money.

I was talking to a coworker about your insane rides, and we both agree that for similar money, it's better to have both a Super-Camaro and a badarse off-roader than to have just a single Ferrari.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #702
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Wow I don't check in for a few days and a ton happens Congrats on the magazine Both of your whips are amazing and your car sounds like a beast
Old 02-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #703
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John, I am sitting here with the biggest grin on my face....because of what you said about at a stop light!! I have the same feeling when we are driving our 1968 Camaro...with the cam and the header/sidepipes working together, I am sitting on "Cloud Nine"...

Maybe one of these days we will both meet up somewhere and share some quality time together...somehow we have grown together....God has brought us together, and I can definitely see a big difference from the time we were introduced by you getting the engine covers from Roger Neace....I just knew there was something REAL SPECIAL about that!!...

Nicely done MY FRIEND,

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt, you always seem to know the right things to say You're a very wise man, and I appreciate that I can call you a friend and I'm thankful that you've always been there for me to help with situations (not car related). And I do see how God works in mysterious ways bringing us together, actually I'm very thankful for everyone that's followed and supported my build with all their positive comments and even though we live in this cyber space world, I consider many my friends. Thanks for showing me the light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
HELL YEAH! BRO!!!!!!! WOO!! Thats how we do it! Representation, camaro5 style!

Thanks Dakota, I was pretty surprised when I saw it myself, cause they don't let you know. Now I've been driving around buying copies of GMHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor16 View Post
The Hoe is freaking amazing, are those 35s? looks like you might be able to go a little bigger with the new bumpers.

Thanks bro, I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was thinking the same thing also about going with bigger tires since I now have more clearance. They would rub a bit on the front bumper during extreme turns. I still have to post up a pic of the sub enclosure Antidote made for me, it's sick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
WOW
That's exactly what I said Pete! And no worries about that thing we talked about the other day, you know where my loyalties lie brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
*still drooling*

I said earlier that I'd personally still take a ZR1 over your Camaro (barely), but you've pushed it way over the top for me, and IMHO, if you sell that car for a ZR1 or even a new Stingray, you're absolutely insane. Hopefully now that you get to actually drive the beast, you've wiped any such thoughts from your mind.

That Tahoe is suweeet! That's similar to how I'd build up my beater Silverado Z71 if I had the money.

I was talking to a coworker about your insane rides, and we both agree that for similar money, it's better to have both a Super-Camaro and a badarse off-roader than to have just a single Ferrari.

You know bro, you probably right. For one, my car is faster than a ZR1 and I do like having the best of both worlds. The Hoe really turned out awesome, I give major props to my boys at Antidote for hooking it up like they did! I have to post a pic of the sub, it's really a piece of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
Wow I don't check in for a few days and a ton happens Congrats on the magazine Both of your whips are amazing and your car sounds like a beast
Thanks bro! I try to just make posts with the important stuff, I'm not one of those guys that has to have their build thread on the top of the first page every day by posting senseless dribble or a bunch of But I will have some more pictures to post up, because I actually haven't had the car all week, as we're doing some finishing touches to it. I'm bringing it home tomorrow so I'll be able to take the pics & some better videos also. It's funny how being in a magazine sparks the interest of other magazines, so I have a feeling you'll be seeing a little more of the ZLX in print

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #704
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
It's good to hear you've been getting some seat time and the permagrin is there!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #705
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
It's good to hear you've been getting some seat time and the permagrin is there!
LOL, not quite brotha. When I drove it back from CMS last Thursday we went right to Antidote Performance, so they could finish up a few things they had to do from the interior work & stereo install. But I did log about 50 miles to make that trip But I am getting it tomorrow and will definitely be putting some miles on the odometer! Who knows maybe I'll even drive it back to NJ soon Shhhhhhh! It may be getting close to us saying good-bye to Cali

Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #706
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
LOL, not quite brotha. When I drove it back from CMS last Thursday we went right to Antidote Performance, so they could finish up a few things they had to do from the interior work & stereo install. But I did log about 50 miles to make that trip But I am getting it tomorrow and will definitely be putting some miles on the odometer! Who knows maybe I'll even drive it back to NJ soon Shhhhhhh! It may be getting close to us saying good-bye to Cali
Uh oh... The beast to the east. That's what I'm talkin' about.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #707
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Drive to NJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post

John,
Indiana is right on the way....bring that outstanding ride my way....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #708
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor16 View Post
The Hoe is freaking amazing, are those 35s? looks like you might be able to go a little bigger with the new bumpers.
I kind of agree. This Hoe would look SICK with like 40-42's. I'm not diggin the 6 inch gap between the wells and the tires. I love a truck that has tires big Mud tires that take up that gap and make the truck look like it came that way. But that gap probably for wheel travel, am i right? Be careful on the corners with this beast John!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #709
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
What? Leaving? Not yet buddy. We still need to get our cars together and terrorize some unsuspecting suckers. lol. I want to see how fast heads turn seeing and hearing 1600+ CMS HP roaring down the road.

Looks like I may be biting the bullet and knocking out some visual stuff now. I wonder who's fault that is.

When are we going shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #710
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Uh oh... The beast to the east. That's what I'm talkin' about.
That's should be the plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
Indiana is right on the way....bring that outstanding ride my way....

Kurt ABL99...
Well then amigo, it must be in the cards

Quote:
I kind of agree. This Hoe would look SICK with like 40-42's. I'm not diggin the 6 inch gap between the wells and the tires. I love a truck that has tires big Mud tires that take up that gap and make the truck look like it came that way. But that gap probably for wheel travel, am i right? Be careful on the corners with this beast John!
You have to remember the bumpers just went on, and with the stock ones I'd get rubbing on hard corners. Now that I have the new Iron Bull bumpers and I see the clearance I have, I'm definitely going to fill up those wells with some bigger Nittos. I want to change the gearing in it also next week first, then probably get the tires. Then I'll look for a car hauler for the ZL-X to use for events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
What? Leaving? Not yet buddy. We still need to get our cars together and terrorize some unsuspecting suckers. lol. I want to see how fast heads turn seeing and hearing 1600+ CMS HP roaring down the road.

Looks like I may be biting the bullet and knocking out some visual stuff now. I wonder who's fault that is.

When are we going shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing's cement yet amigo, we'll talk. Did Ryne talk to you about the Airstrip Attack? He hit me up yesterday about it, he'd like to have a few shop cars there. I'm down to take on a Lambo or Porsche He said he was going to ask you. Private airstrip, cruising start & BANG, let er rip! Sounds like fun & a nice weekend get away. Did you see the videos from last years? Helicopters and all, looks killer.

So blame the spending on me huh, it's about time any way! You gotta keep up!

Here's the latest masterpiece the Antidote Performance crew added to the ever expanding Tahoe. Fiberglass molded, leather wrapped 12" sub box & it kicks! AP Rocks!
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #711
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Woooow J looks oem fit
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #712
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
DAMN!!!!!!! Thats a Helluva fit!!!! Nice job Antidote!!!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #713
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Woooow J looks oem fit
You're right P, looks like it was made for it. I used to have a 3' ported sub box that ran the length of the cargo area, now I have my cargo room back & it's up out of the way. Plus the system really ROCKS!

Quote:
DAMN!!!!!!! Thats a Helluva fit!!!! Nice job Antidote!!!
You got that right lil bro! AP does awesome work, true artistic minds & really good people! They're finishing up some details with the ZL-X, and I should be picking it up tomorrow. They painted the door panels black, along with the dash strip, and they did it the right way, from the back so that my interior lighting shows through. Pics will be upcoming.

Getting a few more things for the Hoe too So I guess the mods will never stop.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #714
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
John, Tahoe looks GREAT!! And the speakers look factory....Nice, Nice...:wink:

Kurt ABL99...

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx