Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Super Sport 6.2

Drives: 2011 Wht w/org stripes 2 SS/RS L99
Clinking popping sound after 1" drop spring install

So I installed some eibach 1" springs and everything is good untill i go down quick little hill like a residential street that has a little steep drive way like hill on the way down i get a quick clincking/popping sound but not on the way up. I can go over speed bumps and no sound I looked at the springs and they are sitting good I did not time my bushing or do the alignment so I was wondering if that could be the problem. It seems to make the noise when the car is making a slow descent turning motion any info would be appreciated

Thanks
Rick
Vararam, V-max ported t-body, 1 7/8" kook headers with high flow cats, 2 1/2" X pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, Eibach 1" lowering springs, 20" Chrome American Racing Torq Thrust Wheels, Custom badges, SLP front splitter, NLP spoiler, oracle Led interior and fog lights, White with Orange Stripes 2011 2SS/RS L99
Super Sport 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
First thing you want to do is check your endlink nuts and make sure they are tight. They are some reports and photos posted that show the coil of an Eibach spring making contact with the outer edge, the edge closest to the wheel, of the lower spring perch. Re seating the coil butt end to the rubber in the seat may help. Others modified the perch by bending the lower spring perch edge just enough to clear the coil. You will also want to check the jam nut and strut retaining plate nuts. With the car's full weight on the wheels, remove the strut retaining plate nut and then the plate. If you have an air gun, burp the nut to make sure it is tight. Do the same with the strut retaining plate nut.

If these fail, it is time to pull the struts out and double check the assembly.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Super Sport 6.2

Drives: 2011 Wht w/org stripes 2 SS/RS L99
Hey thanks Justice will do
Have a Merry Christmas
Rick
Vararam, V-max ported t-body, 1 7/8" kook headers with high flow cats, 2 1/2" X pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, Eibach 1" lowering springs, 20" Chrome American Racing Torq Thrust Wheels, Custom badges, SLP front splitter, NLP spoiler, oracle Led interior and fog lights, White with Orange Stripes 2011 2SS/RS L99
Super Sport 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Typically it is caused by something being loose so do as Pete said and also just double check any and everything you touched be it a bolt or a nut to make sure it is tight.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport 6.2 View Post
Hey thanks Justice will do
Have a Merry Christmas
Rick
And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote