Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #617
BlakeAlden

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbyu View Post

GM isn't building 140,000 units per year like the iconic Mustang which is good news for those that appreciate value in their cars, but yet it does tend to have a negative effect on consumers that really want a Camaro. As supplies dwindle, I would expect to see higher adjusted market values in the market.
How many 2010 Camaros will be built and when is the end of production for this model year?
BlakeAlden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #618
Flynbyu

Drives: 2008 Corvette/2001 Tahoe
Thank you for your question.

Currently, there are over 15,000 sold orders for the 2010 model year. The majority are SS cars. As the build out gets closer, we will have solid numbers on production. Those numbers typically will breakdown options, how many of each equipment group, colors, and total units built. The build out for most GM models is typically late July, early August with most GM plants. The plants close for a week or two during the shut down to re-tool (if necessary). I'm thinking it will run a little longer on the Camaro. When GM announced the production delay, it was stated all pre-orders should be completed by sometime in October, which leads me to believe they will run this model year through mid October.

Let's hope suppliers are able to fill orders for materials, and there are no constraints on this model year.

I'll buzz my GM rep on Monday and ask him if he can give me a solid number on production, and solid date on the build out.

~Brian
Flynbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #619
boricat
RJT2SS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to boricat
'Scuse me but aren't they calling this a 2010? I don't see a in "build out" until sometime in 2010.
boricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #620
Flynbyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricat View Post
Another Oxymoron - Honest Cardealer
There are several honest car dealers. There are several in our industry that set the example for the negative stereotype you are describing. You should always under promise, and over deliver. Never tell someone you will do something, and not do it. Plain and simple. If you've had a bad experience, you won't return. I keep this in my mind every time I meet someone that enters our dealership. This is not something that is just sales related. This extends into service and fixed operations as well.

In the 16 years I've been in this business (The last 14 have been in the finance office), I've been lied to more by the consumer that walks in the door, than the sales person that greets them.

In today's market, it's very important to address the needs of everyone, no matter if you're buying a set of new wipers in parts, or dropping thousands on a new automobile. Those guys that fit the stereotype won't last in today's market.

~Brian
Old 05-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #621
Flynbyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricat View Post
'Scuse me but aren't they calling this a 2010? I don't see a in "build out" until sometime in 2010.
Correct. We are still a long way off.

Typically it's July-August. I failed to add summer 2010. The current sold orders will be built by October 2009. So if you have an order for a 2010 Camaro in the order bank, your car will be built by not later than October, as long as there are no constraints to delay production.

~Brian
Old 05-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #622
Flynbyu

Oh, and very nice ride Boricat. One own one of my favorite Camaros. The Z28 Vert.

~Brian
Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #623
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
on that link they have a SS for 39K but the V6 is 45 plus?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #624
TimShadow
Venom

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via AIM to TimShadow Send a message via MSN to TimShadow
Angry Extreme Price Gouging in San Diego ($5000 Order Fee)

Courtesy Chevrolet San Diego
www.courtesysandiego.com

I went in there today to order a 2010 Camaro 2SS (RS Package, Ground Effects, 21" Wheels, Sunroof, 6-Speed)

Total came to $45,125.00, I was about to Purchase the Car, then i looked down on the paper in-front of me.

At the Bottom they added an Extra $5,000 Charge, JUST FOR ORDERING THE VEHICLE FOR ME.

So total price at the bottom of the page was $50,125.00

I told them to **** themselves and walked out. Any one know where i can find a GM dealership in Southern California that will not try to rip me off???

After the $6,000,000,000.00 Bailout from the Government you would think they would want to sell cars...

Tim Green
TimShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 AM   #625
boricat
RJT2SS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to boricat
BTW Brian - I have ordered a 2SS and will give a full report as to how the deal progressed. (same dealer I bought the 2000 from)
Joe
boricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #626
rfrey911
Robert Frey

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Red Jewel
I ordered mine yesterday and they started tlking about 1k over MSRP, later went to $500, and we then sat down priced out all the options etc, I made them invest more time, and then made it clear I was ready to buy but would not spend 1 cent over MSRP. They accepted.

I think you have to make them work, spend the time with you, answer your questions, and be willing to walk away. Most dealers in this economy will not let you out of the showroom. Not many new cars being bought right now nevermind at MSRP.
rfrey911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #627
NYCLS3

Drives: Toaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrey911 View Post
I ordered mine yesterday and they started tlking about 1k over MSRP, later went to $500, and we then sat down priced out all the options etc, I made them invest more time, and then made it clear I was ready to buy but would not spend 1 cent over MSRP. They accepted.

I think you have to make them work, spend the time with you, answer your questions, and be willing to walk away. Most dealers in this economy will not let you out of the showroom. Not many new cars being bought right now nevermind at MSRP.
I'm an advocate for not paying over MSRP, but 500 is a resonable mark up for a hot car. Not saying I'd pay it, but it's reasonable vs say the 5 to 10k I've been seeing posted...hell, even 1k is reasonable.
NYCLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #628
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
IMO there is nothing " reasonable" about paying anything OVER MSRP.

Would you go into McDonald's and pay over the menu price because there is a line up for a new burger you have not tasted?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #629
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
i wouldn't pay over msrp either but to be fair there is not the large spread between invoice and msrp anymore. In the '80s GM tightened it and in 2006 when "value pricing" was introduced they tightened it again.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #630
NYCLS3

Drives: Toaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
IMO there is nothing " reasonable" about paying anything OVER MSRP.

Would you go into McDonald's and pay over the menu price because there is a line up for a new burger you have not tasted?
I know you did not just compare a car to a burger... Although both do satisfy a particular appetite, I could never drive my burger home...or pull 0-60 times in the high 4's.

Analogy aside, I still think IF one had to pay to play, then 500 to 1000 would not be too bad, that is a big IF.
NYCLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote