Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #3627
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroboy2001 View Post
yeaaaa.... I hit him up earlier last week and he said, "Title is clean and im not gonna lie the synchros are messed up so you gotta let the rpms drop to shift to anything above second gear but other than that it's good, and the gas gauge doesn't work i think its the the floater in the tank."
Dam that sucks, sounds like somebody didn't know how to drive a standard. Oh well, maybe I will still call him and see if I can get a good deal.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #3628
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Dam that sucks, sounds like somebody didn't know how to drive a standard. Oh well, maybe I will still call him and see if I can get a good deal.
Yea, theres a dealership not too far from abq that has a 99 pewter maro for 5k its tempting but its auto
Old 04-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #3629
J-ROC

Drives: 99 Z28 M6
Quote:
yeaaaa.... I hit him up earlier last week and he said, "Title is clean and im not gonna lie the synchros are messed up so you gotta let the rpms drop to shift to anything above second gear but other than that it's good, and the gas gauge doesn't work i think its the the floater in the tank."
Care to enlighten everyone on what you meant by this? Being that we never spoke? BTW I'm the owner of said Camaro.
J-ROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #3630
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROC View Post
Care to enlighten everyone on what you meant by this? Being that we never spoke? BTW I'm the owner of said Camaro.
Seems like I got your car mixed up with a simialar one, same color 6 speed and halos alonng with simialr front grill and asking price

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/2960601377.html

p'md sent
Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #3631
J-ROC

Drives: 99 Z28 M6
Quote:
Seems like I got your car mixed up with a simialar one, same color 6 speed and halos alonng with simialr front grill and asking price

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/2960601377.html

p'md sent
Oh ok. Yeah i could see how you mixed us up. Glws
J-ROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #3632
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
HA!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #3633
IsaacRN

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
I just placed my order for Adam's detailing products. Hopefully I should get them sometime next week
IsaacRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #3634
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
What did you get?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #3635
dave15766

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniv. SS
Introduction

Gents and Ladies,

Recently bought a 45th Anniv. SS. I am new to this site and am looking to use this thread to get info on modifications and general Camaro questions. I am def. not a car aficionado and only know how to change a tire and oil. A couple questions I have:

1. I have been trying to determine best oil for the car and whether I need to use a break in oil? I use Royal Purple on my other car and a K&N air filter.

2. I am looking to add a cold air intake, any suggestions and places I can have it done here in El Paso? I want one with a clear top enclosed case.

3. Any suggestions as far as initial care of the car, things I should consider since it has only 30 miles on it.

4. Any engine modifications under $500 right now that will help boost HP or longevity of the car.

Thanks for the help and look forward to meeting some of you at a next car show.

Dave
dave15766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #3636
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave15766 View Post
Gents and Ladies,

Recently bought a 45th Anniv. SS. I am new to this site and am looking to use this thread to get info on modifications and general Camaro questions. I am def. not a car aficionado and only know how to change a tire and oil. A couple questions I have:

1. I have been trying to determine best oil for the car and whether I need to use a break in oil? I use Royal Purple on my other car and a K&N air filter.

2. I am looking to add a cold air intake, any suggestions and places I can have it done here in El Paso? I want one with a clear top enclosed case.

3. Any suggestions as far as initial care of the car, things I should consider since it has only 30 miles on it.

4. Any engine modifications under $500 right now that will help boost HP or longevity of the car.

Thanks for the help and look forward to meeting some of you at a next car show.

Dave

welcome aboard dave,

1. oil depends what you like and how royal purple works on the other vehicle,
my advice if your not gonna be racing or to tracks alot just use the normal mobile -1 worst case scenario if something happens to engine or oil tank warranty might not cover since you r using other oil brand man dealers just find an excuse not to cover warranty

2. i have adm performance and works great its enclosed but not see thru, gigachip has a CAI with clear top looks great and he loves it. if you get a cai my advice get it enclosed for heat not to enter intake and keep engine with cool air (i bet some of us can help to install the cai)

3. i paid extra to simmonize my car, its like an extra coat of glass paint i love it only wax my car one to two times a year and my vehicle shines even though i just water my car and dry. i just hate these sand storms we r getting lately

4. intake from 200 to 400 dollars and vmax throttle body 150 not painted will probably see a gain of 25 hp for both together and save on gas on both
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #3637
IsaacRN

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
What did you get?

I ended up with the Premium Porter Cable package, the undercarriage/wheel package, a gallon of detail spray, one coaster and the glass sealant kit.

Im pretty nervous. I received tracking from Adam's but it isn't crossing over yet.
IsaacRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #3638
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
welcome aboard dave,

1. oil depends what you like and how royal purple works on the other vehicle,
my advice if your not gonna be racing or to tracks alot just use the normal mobile -1 worst case scenario if something happens to engine or oil tank warranty might not cover since you r using other oil brand man dealers just find an excuse not to cover warranty

2. i have adm performance and works great its enclosed but not see thru, gigachip has a CAI with clear top looks great and he loves it. if you get a cai my advice get it enclosed for heat not to enter intake and keep engine with cool air (i bet some of us can help to install the cai)

3. i paid extra to simmonize my car, its like an extra coat of glass paint i love it only wax my car one to two times a year and my vehicle shines even though i just water my car and dry. i just hate these sand storms we r getting lately

4. intake from 200 to 400 dollars and vmax throttle body 150 not painted will probably see a gain of 25 hp for both together and save on gas on both
1. I could not agree more, I love Royal Purple for all my other vehicles, but I would stick with the Mobile 1 for motor oil, It is good stuff and will not void the warranty. For gear oil though, I think you will notice a considerable difference using Royal Purple, I know I did, it seemed to shift smoother and the rearend felt smoother. On a side note as motor oil Royal Purple in in my opinion the best you can buy, but under no circumstances would I break in a motor with it. I also would change the motor oil at 500 miles to get any particals or small pieces that tend to come off of the castings of a new motor, I also like to chanke my oil every 3k miles after that.

2. I would not pay to have the CAI installed, if I remember correctly all it takes is a flathead screwdriver and a 10mm socket, it also only takes about 15min.

3. Where did you get the simmonize done, I don't know if it is too late for mine, but it sounds great especially for cars arround here.

4. Like Jose said these are about all you can do for the price and without voiding some part of your warranty.

And lastly welcome the this little great part of the world.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #3639
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Can any body guess what I needed the tips for?

And a little preview of the new 3'' Borla exhaust?
Attached Images

504hp/478tq
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #3640
dave15766

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniv. SS
Jose1003 and K1SSRSS,
Thanks for the responses. I hear you have a pretty good group here in EP. I've been reading through threads and everyone seems to respect each other. Looking like I will stick to Mobil 1 an def change after 500 miles. Simonize I got done at the dealer, was worried it was a rip off, but have heard good things. What does the vmax throttle body do? Def looking to mid mod anything that will void te warranty
dave15766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001