Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #743
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
I live in NE Ohio, and I test drove a Camaro last week (a 1LT), and was told they don't have a price on it yet. I'm not in a position yet to pre-order one, but I've been calling around.

I called Great Lakes Chevrolet in Ashtabula, OH, and was told they are upping the price by $1000 (for a 2LT which is what I want). The salesman told me that Classic Chevrolet in Mentor, OH (where I did the test drive) are marking up by $5000. I can't confirm that as I haven't called Classic, but if Great Lakes is only marking up a $1000, to me that seems pretty reasonable, especially with what I've been reading here about some dealerships marking up 10K!.

If that holds true throughout the summer at Great Lakes Chevy, then that's who I plan on doing business with!
jking,
I also live in NE Ohio and there is no way you should pay above sticker. If you check the list on this site for dealers selling at msrp you will find that the ride will be worth it. Listed in your area is Bob Pulte in Lebanon, Serpentini in Strongsville and Pat O'brien in Westlake (the last two are west of Cleveland).
The problem is whether they have any of their allotment left. Also, on this forum check out the Regional Forum - USA Great Lakes for this years big event and the f-body summit. This is the biggest and best show around your area.

ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #744
truck21
Missing my 68 RS now

Drives: 2007 F-150, 2006 Jetta TDI
Dealer Name: Marathon Chevrolet of North Charleston
Dealer location: North Charleston, SC
Dealer phone number: Sales: (843) 553-9000
Dealer website: marathonchevy.com

Just got their dealer car in and went to look. Red 1LT, RS with Convenience and connectivity. 7k markup for total of 35k. Asked about ordering a yellow 2lt and was told Chevrolet might not be making the Camaro until 2011 or 2012 once this allocation production ends. Our car would be between 41 and 42k. No bargaining or discounts. Saleslady referred to the "list" of interested people and vaguely threatened that I wouldn't be able to get one if I didn't order now. Real hard sell tactic. I walked and am not going back. What's another few months, right?
truck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #745
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Hi Johnny, the 2010 Camaro 2SS has a base price of $34,225
+1,200 RS Package
+1,185 Automatic
+4,000 Present Market Value
$40,610 +TTL
Delivery time is approximately 8 weeks after order is placed when an allocation is available. Let me know.
Thanks,
Pete "Stitch" Mistich

Price quote from Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola FL.

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 05-16-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: addind
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #746
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
jking,
I also live in NE Ohio and there is no way you should pay above sticker. If you check the list on this site for dealers selling at msrp you will find that the ride will be worth it. Listed in your area is Bob Pulte in Lebanon, Serpentini in Strongsville and Pat O'brien in Westlake (the last two are west of Cleveland).
The problem is whether they have any of their allotment left. Also, on this forum check out the Regional Forum - USA Great Lakes for this years big event and the f-body summit. This is the biggest and best show around your area.

ItisWhatItIs, thanks for the info! I will definitely check out the USA Great Lakes summit. Regarding Pat O'brien Chevrolet. They also have a dealership in Willoughby Hills, OH and I spoke to one of their salesman about two weeks ago. We didn't get into pricing then, but he told me that he's expecting "a few" in a few weeks and he's going to contact me when they come in.

I'll have to give him a call tomorrow and see what they are asking for the Camaro in light of all the dealerships pricing above MSRP. I do agree with you that we should not have to pay above sticker, and I was just pointing out before that if they are all doing it, then Great Lakes Chevy in Ashtabula with their 1K over MSRP would be the best bet. It will be interesting what Pat O'brien is charging. I'll post here when I find out!
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #747
jsipe
Joe

Drives: 2010 Camaro (ordered)
Price gouging is illegal. Use the key words PRICE GOUGING on-line and there should be a form to send to your Attorney General in your state. If you can convience them of gouging, the dealer can be fined ($25,000 in North Carolina).

Last edited by jsipe; 05-16-2009 at 04:50 PM.
jsipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #748
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonsteel View Post
Here's two for you:

Koons Tysons - The GM Corner/Chrysler
2000 Chain Bridge Rd.
Vienna, VA 22182
GM: Pat Fogarty
Sales: 888-335-7892
Service: 703-448-7221

Lindsay Chevrolet of Woodbridge
15605 Jefferson Davis Highway
Woodbridge, VA 22191
GM: Paul Smyth
Phone: (888) 366-3311
Fax: (703) 783-8488

Here's my experiences thus far:

Given the recent announcement Friday, and knowing it was coming, I have been trying to purchase (pre-order) a Camaro from a strong, reputable dealer in the metro area of Washington, DC. The two largest that I know in my area are Koons and Lindsay, so I went to them. Koons just sold one at 15k over MSRP and is now looking for 5k over MSRP on pre-orders. Lindsay is looking for 10k over MSRP, and won't pre-order until June.

Seriously? Why the hell are people paying 10k over MSRP for a car TODAY? Has anyone payed attention to the economy? From what I can tell unemployment is down, people are loosing their retirements, 401Ks, and other investments. Yet, people are going to Chevrolet dealerships, and financing a Camaro for 10k over MSRP? Give me a break, this only adds fuel to the fire of what is happening in the domestic auto industry.

Next, what is going on with Chevrolet that they can't produce cars? The auto manufacturer has supposedly pre-sold 14k cars of one make and model. But they can't deliver? The manufacturing processes, management, etc. has got to change or our beloved US auto manufacturers are going to completely tank. With today's technology, efficiencies, and manpower, Chevrolet still has a problem? I recently ordered 100 iPods for a few employees at my company and I added custom engraving. I placed the order at 11AM on a Wednesday. Apple does not manufacture a product until it is physically ordered and cash has been received. I recieved a FedEx notification Thursday and received all of the iPods Friday afternoon, shipped from Shanghai. It's the same process just on a SMALL scale. And if you seriously think it's not, then you need to look at your calendar and realize it is 2009, not 1969.

I'm probably going to be killed on this forum for posting this but I seriously had to get this off my chest.
I agree with you that quality control hasn't been up to standards so far for the Camaro as we have all seen. We all know they line workers are doing their best with what they have got to work with. It isn't the lines fault they are receiving mismatched bumpers. They are doing their job of putting the car together.. It is the QC team that is having the hardest time handling the situation and perhaps need to be re-trained on what to look for. Mismatched paint should not be allowed to leave the plant....period... Interiors that are showing screws in between panels should be seen and fixed at the factory.. All visible interior and exterior problems should be scrutinized and dealt with by the QC team and we can all agree so far they have been lacking.. Imagine if airport security screeners behaved in this manner.. Nuff said..
Old 05-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #749
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Imagine if airport security screeners behaved in this manner.. Nuff said..
...they do.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #750
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
...they do.
I know quite a few and believe me that airport security screeners are doing one hell of a good job.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #751
NYCLS3

Drives: Toaster
Gun-decking...the art of signing off a job without actually doing it. I imagine that is what some QC inspectors are doing to meet demand...bad juju.
NYCLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #752
02b4c

Drives: 63 splt wnd 55 chev 08 1500
Told you about RICK HENDRICK
02b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #753
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonsteel View Post
Here's two for you:

Koons Tysons - The GM Corner/Chrysler
2000 Chain Bridge Rd.
Vienna, VA 22182
GM: Pat Fogarty
Sales: 888-335-7892
Service: 703-448-7221

Lindsay Chevrolet of Woodbridge
15605 Jefferson Davis Highway
Woodbridge, VA 22191
GM: Paul Smyth
Phone: (888) 366-3311
Fax: (703) 783-8488

Here's my experiences thus far:

Given the recent announcement Friday, and knowing it was coming, I have been trying to purchase (pre-order) a Camaro from a strong, reputable dealer in the metro area of Washington, DC. The two largest that I know in my area are Koons and Lindsay, so I went to them. Koons just sold one at 15k over MSRP and is now looking for 5k over MSRP on pre-orders. Lindsay is looking for 10k over MSRP, and won't pre-order until June.

Seriously? Why the hell are people paying 10k over MSRP for a car TODAY? Has anyone payed attention to the economy? From what I can tell unemployment is down, people are loosing their retirements, 401Ks, and other investments. Yet, people are going to Chevrolet dealerships, and financing a Camaro for 10k over MSRP? Give me a break, this only adds fuel to the fire of what is happening in the domestic auto industry.

Next, what is going on with Chevrolet that they can't produce cars? The auto manufacturer has supposedly pre-sold 14k cars of one make and model. But they can't deliver? The manufacturing processes, management, etc. has got to change or our beloved US auto manufacturers are going to completely tank. With today's technology, efficiencies, and manpower, Chevrolet still has a problem? I recently ordered 100 iPods for a few employees at my company and I added custom engraving. I placed the order at 11AM on a Wednesday. Apple does not manufacture a product until it is physically ordered and cash has been received. I recieved a FedEx notification Thursday and received all of the iPods Friday afternoon, shipped from Shanghai. It's the same process just on a SMALL scale. And if you seriously think it's not, then you need to look at your calendar and realize it is 2009, not 1969.

I'm probably going to be killed on this forum for posting this but I seriously had to get this off my chest.
First of all, you can not pre-order at all an more, that ended March 16th... you can only order. Secondly, unemployment is up, not down, and thirdly, it's been talked about to the hilt, GM has no control over what dealers charge, and this really is NOT the reason the domestic auto industry is hurting. Fourthly, they are craniking out the cars like mad... they are increasing production and adding a Saturday shift... This car is a brand new car and you don't just jump out of the gate producing at full capacity... if it were any other car there would nto be so many pre-orders and people wouldn't be so upset that it's taking so long... it's just the nature of the beast, and the nature of people to be impatient.
Building an iPod, and building a car are two differnt things, forst of all apple does not build per order... they just build, they did not build those 100 iPod just for you then have them engraved... they were built already engraved then sent to you... they are producing them as fast as they want and or need to... they have been making them for a whie now... the Camaro is still in the process of ramping up production, the bigger an item is, the longer it takes to build it, the iPod is tiny, it takes maybe an hour to build once you have all the parts, the Camaro takes 4 days from what I understand. Also I remember when the iPhone 3G was released, you could not buy them until Apple had built thousands of them and had them ready in the stores. Why? because when the first gen came out the were selling faster than they could be built. I guarantee you had they taken pre-orders they would have been in a similar situation, ut not for as long, as they can produce a lot more iPod's and phone in a day than they do cars. So I am sorry but your analogy is quite flawed...

as far as the gouging dealer... file a complaint to GM, maybe they get put on the ax list... That's one way to get dealers attention about doing that in this economy.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #754
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Hope the UPS Truck----

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipe View Post
Price gouging is illegal. Use the key words PRICE GOUGING on-line and there should be a form to send to your Attorney General in your state. If you can convience them of gouging, the dealer can be fined ($25,000 in North Carolina).
I hope the UPS truck shows up at all these crooked dealers with the letter from GM saying they are not renewing their franchises, see how far the overcharging will carry them
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #755
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
ItisWhatItIs, thanks for the info! I will definitely check out the USA Great Lakes summit. Regarding Pat O'brien Chevrolet. They also have a dealership in Willoughby Hills, OH and I spoke to one of their salesman about two weeks ago. We didn't get into pricing then, but he told me that he's expecting "a few" in a few weeks and he's going to contact me when they come in.

I'll have to give him a call tomorrow and see what they are asking for the Camaro in light of all the dealerships pricing above MSRP. I do agree with you that we should not have to pay above sticker, and I was just pointing out before that if they are all doing it, then Great Lakes Chevy in Ashtabula with their 1K over MSRP would be the best bet. It will be interesting what Pat O'brien is charging. I'll post here when I find out!
I just confirmed with Pat O'brien Chevrolet in Willoughby Hills, OH, (salesman Bill Hale), that they are NOT charging above MSRP. He said "we've never done that".

He also told me that they have about 10 available orders to fill, and after that, it will most likely be it till next year! Is that correct? When dealerships complete their allocations, we're screwed until next year unless we order one now?? Or was that a marketing ploy to get me in there?
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #756
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
jking,
That is not a marketing ploy. The dealer I ordered my car with had five slots and that was it. After that I guess GM will inform them when they can start ordereing again. I believe no one knows that answer yet.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote