Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 02-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #3837
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Pedders EP1201HD Subframe Bushings

Hey if anyone local is interested, I've got a full Subframe Bushing kit from Pedders I'm returning - nothing wrong with them and never installed. I just had a change of heart and decided to go with solid bushings from Pfadt to keep things the same on my build. I was origionally under the perception the solid bushes would be noisy in comparison to these - but not true according to a few good sources.

I paid $565 plus shipping and will take $555, but need to know by end of Thursday. If not, shipping back on Friday for full refund with no restocking fee. They're fantastic bushings, just depends on build brand your going for.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...dCode=EP1201HD
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 02-02-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #3838
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Ha pic#5 looks like you only have a v6. Damn Clint you are good adding another set of cylinders. Must be a tough welding job!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #3839
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
^^ Ur Silly
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #3840
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
....Not gonna touch the wife thing though.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone here, and getting the car ready for Bandi or High Plains Raceway.
Ah, there's a gentleman on here. GOOD!
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #3841
tom692010
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSONLY View Post
Ah, there's a gentleman on here. GOOD!
Wow totally unfair!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #3842
tom692010
Account Suspended

wow pepper hit and run..............won't hear from you for month's now!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #3843
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
To properly explain myself..All I was sayin was that our thread has everything....We have mod talk, Drag talk, stock talk, rally talk, family talk, and even current event talk....for those that dont surf around on C5 much that is pretty much all there is except for the Hot Wives NSFC thread. If anyone would have taken the time to read it before biatching at me about it....lol.....they would have seen it is just regular folks shooting the shi^ and maybe once every other page someone posts a picture of their loving wife...fully clothed, usually in the great outdoors near their car. Occasionally a young groom posts a picture of his bride in her wedding dress.

So there you go...clarified to the max and I am not the disgusting perv you might have been thinking..

OK Garth......Kirk....Tom....maybe I am but I gots to cover my tracks and set the record straight.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #3844
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
To properly explain myself..All I was sayin was that our thread has everything....We have mod talk, Drag talk, stock talk, rally talk, family talk, and even current event talk....for those that dont surf around on C5 much that is pretty much all there is except for the Hot Wives NSFC thread. If anyone would have taken the time to read it before biatching at me about it....lol.....they would have seen it is just regular folks shooting the shi^ and maybe once every other page someone posts a picture of their loving wife...fully clothed, usually in the great outdoors near their car. Occasionally a young groom posts a picture of his bride in her wedding dress.

So there you go...clarified to the max and I am not the disgusting perv you might have been thinking..

OK Garth......Kirk....Tom....maybe I am but I gots to cover my tracks and set the record straight.
Not necessary...I'd be worried about you if you didn't like to see a pretty women once and awhile!!!

Manley Crank, Wiseco Pistons, Compstar H Beam Rods, ARP Main/Studs, Copper Treated "hi boost" head gaskets, FI Cam & Ported Heads w/Manley Extreme Duty Valves, Lunati Link Bar Lifters, Fuel System w/LPE Dual pumps, Twin Fuel Feed line/Single return w/ boost reference regulator, NW 102mm TB, 10-Rib ASP custom pulley kit, Twin RX Catch Cans, Roto Fab CAI, TSP Stainless Headers, Spec Twin Disc P-Trim Clutch, DSS Level 5 Axles, Eibach and BMR Full suspension
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #3845
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Does anyone here have an opinion of the Whipple SC as it compares to the KB? I know this question is all over the forums, but I'm really only interested in what the Colorado/Wyoming folks have to say about the two twin screws!

Manley Crank, Wiseco Pistons, Compstar H Beam Rods, ARP Main/Studs, Copper Treated "hi boost" head gaskets, FI Cam & Ported Heads w/Manley Extreme Duty Valves, Lunati Link Bar Lifters, Fuel System w/LPE Dual pumps, Twin Fuel Feed line/Single return w/ boost reference regulator, NW 102mm TB, 10-Rib ASP custom pulley kit, Twin RX Catch Cans, Roto Fab CAI, TSP Stainless Headers, Spec Twin Disc P-Trim Clutch, DSS Level 5 Axles, Eibach and BMR Full suspension
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #3846
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post

Yes you are Larry, you just don't want it to get out to everyone on the internet....got to stay in-cognito!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #3847
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commit and Conquer View Post
Does anyone here have an opinion of the Whipple SC as it compares to the KB? I know this question is all over the forums, but I'm really only interested in what the Colorado/Wyoming folks have to say about the two twin screws!
MAGGIES RULE ! ! !

..... Just thought I'd start a "Larry" thing just for the he#* of it LOL

EDIT...oh ya, and to get Don to post up!!!!!!!!!!! Then Larry and Don can go at it!

Oops! Looks like Don posted just above!!!!!!! better read the whole thread before posting...

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 02-04-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Don appeared out of nowhere
Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #3848
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commit and Conquer View Post
2nd thought -

2 screws are always better than one? (SORRY, that was Larry talking)

Okay, seriously - I never researched these 2, but if I did.... I'd be curious about the longevity of the unit. I know the Maggies are supposed to have 100k service intervals for the nose and Vortechs I think are pretty much each oil change? No idea on the 2 you're interested in though. On the other hand, I've heard KBs can get some serious boost - which brings up another question that maybe Clint or RMCR can answer. How does boost affect longevity of the motor? Assuming forged internals and lowered compression.

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 02-04-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #3849
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Interior Lighting

We are having great weather down here in AZ... good time to do some lighting mods!! In the 80's this weekend!! (Larry )

I bought two sets of ambient lighting kits from AAC in orange color and some orange lighted ring switches. The LED strips are about 16 inches long each.
I cut off four inches from two strips to make them 12" long and put each of the shorter ones in the front seat footwells, just under the lip of the dash. Then I put one 16" strip centered just behind the headliner stuck to the rear glass tight against the headliner in the blacked out area and the two 4" pieces (that were cut off the 2 strips) I put behind the headliner out by the C pillars.
I wired all these interior lights to the dome light circuit, so they come on when the doors are opened or the dome light switch is turned on. I also wired these same lights to a separate ring switch on the side of the center console, so the interior LED's can be turned on without turning on the overhead dome light while driving (so you don't get the windshield glare of the dome light). I had to put a Diode in the wire from the dome light circuit to the LED's so that when I use the ring switch to turn on the LED's, it doesn't backfeed power to the overhead dome light.
I wired up the last LED light strip to the underside of the hood, just above the underhood insulation behind the hood latch loop. I ran the wires down to the back passenger side of the hood hidden by the insulation and came out by the hinge and put another ring switch by the fuse box. It throws a nice orange glow over the whole engine compartment at night.

Here's some pics:
Footwell Lighting
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro003.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  19.5 KB

The ring switch on the side of the console. Lit up so you can find it at night.
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro007.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  14.2 KB

The back seat lighting.
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro008.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  19.7 KB

View through the rear window from the outside, with the LED lighting on.
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro010.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  10.9 KB

The LED strips behind the headliner.
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro025.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  51.4 KB
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro027.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  44.5 KB

Underhood lighting.
Name:  AmbientLightinginCamaro022.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  35.9 KB

Last edited by mtcwby; 02-05-2011 at 12:30 AM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #3850
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
We are having great weather down here in AZ... good time to do some lighting mods!! In the 80's this weekend!! (Larry )

I bought two sets of ambient lighting kits from AAC in orange color and some orange lighted ring switches. The LED strips are about 16 inches long each.
I cut off four inches from two strips to make them 12" long and put each of the shorter ones in the front seat footwells, just under the lip of the dash. Then I put one 16" strip centered just behind the headliner stuck to the rear glass tight against the headliner in the blacked out area and the two 4" pieces (that were cut off the 2 strips) I put behind the headliner out by the C pillars.
I wired all these interior lights to the dome light circuit, so they come on when the doors are opened or the dome light switch is turned on. I also wired these same lights to a separate ring switch on the side of the center console, so the interior LED's can be turned on without turning on the overhead dome light while driving (so you don't get the windshield glare of the dome light). I had to put a Diode in the wire from the dome light circuit to the LED's so that when I use the ring switch to turn on the LED's, it doesn't backfeed power to the overhead dome light.
I wired up the last LED light strip to the underside of the hood, just above the underhood insulation behind the hood latch loop. I ran the wires down to the back passenger side of the hood hidden by the insulation and came out by the hinge and put another ring switch by the fuse box. It throws a nice orange glow over the whole engine compartment at night.

Here's some pics:
Footwell Lighting
Attachment 204285

The ring switch on the side of the console. Lit up so you can find it at night.
Attachment 204286

The back seat lighting.
Attachment 204287

View through the rear window from the outside, with the LED lighting on.
Attachment 204296

The LED strips behind the headliner.
Attachment 204288
Attachment 204289

Underhood lighting.
Attachment 204290
Nice pics Don.... posting a teaser worked!

EDIT: Okay Don, just looked a the pics closer..... is that a BMR strut tower brace?

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 02-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro