Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #5377
WYcamaro

Drives: in reverse
Grrr.... all right it's on... That right! I'm gunnin' for you Pepper.!

But really, I just feel bad for Kirky, I mean that Trophy could have been his...
Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #5378
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
I just want to put down the fastest time I can then I'll start with the dial in racing. I can't make it this saturday daughter has a swim meet sat and Sun.
Forget the rain kirk and concentrate on what color pantyhose you'll wear with your skirt on Weds.

DAMN that would suck even worse getting your A$$ whooooped by a guy wearing red pantyhose and a plad mini skirt!!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #5379
WYcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
DAMN that would suck even worse getting your A$$ whooooped by a guy wearing red pantyhose and a plad mini skirt!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #5380
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
is that 2.113 on street tires? we manged to run 1.9X on stock tires/stock sus/ only mods were headers/cai/tune, everything else is stock. so on your car with DRs you can def do better than that! what RPM were you launching at? what tires and what was the tire pressure set at? also slipping the clutch will help on your 60ft.

GL cant wait to get my car back, I want to hit 10s N/a this season
Are you talking about 10's in your Camaro??? Never happen!!

Quote:
Don here is one I took especially for you!
Easy pickin's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
LOL I myself need lessons. I have been struggling with getting my 60ft down. the more you practice and experiment different things, the more you learn.

I can tell you this. make sure your tire pressure is right and make sure you slip the clutch (not recommended on stock clutch, but I would still do it... just make sure you let the clutch cool down after each run). those are the two main things ive learned that helped me lower my 60ft times. but the most important thing is DONT BE AFRAID. I had this problem at first where I was afraid ill break something, but when i got over my fears I started to do better.

for street tires i would start at 25psi and go down. (on my Z06 i had them at 22psi and they worked great) on DRs I would start at 20 maybe and go down. from reading it seems like 18 is where most people get the best out of them. of course every car/tire is different.
As Garth and Ted found out, you can't slip your clutch with the kind of HP we are cranking out. Unless you want to fork out a couple thousand on a new one. It's better to just get good stickies and then find the RPM's needed to not bog down when you drop the clutch. Larry's getting it figured out, I give him another night or two at the track and he'll have his figured out.
I got it figured out in AZ, 60' times down to the 1.7's, then broke my rear gears. Now I have to figure it out for the higher altitude of Bandi.

I'm hoping to have the new gears in on Thursday. UPS is delivering them on Wednesday. Then I just have to get them broke-in before racing.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #5381
Cornhusker Callaway

Drives: 2010 Callaway Camaro SC572
Everyone is invited to the 8th Annual Chase County Classic August 20th in Imperial Nebraska! Last year there were 22 5th Gen Camaro's and 236 Corvettes. Help me grow the Camaro number and come join us for a free Car show with free BBQ, car wash, beverages, secure parking, and tons of fun.

Plus ++++ that night Craig Morgan and the Band Perry will be performing live at the Chase County Fair. To register simply go to www.harchelroadmotors.com and click on the Chase County Classic button on the front page. If you need more information or have questions call Dillon Harchelroad at (308) 882-4295. I'd like to see as many of you there as possible! (e-mail: dillon@harchelroadmotors.com)
Cornhusker Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #5382
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Quote:
I don't consider 14.2 to 13.9 getting my ass whooooped. But if it makes you feel good go ahead and crow!
PEPPER......is 14.2 to 13.9 an ASSSSSWHHHOOOOPPPPIN in drag racin???

Thats a freakin eternity !!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Old 05-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #5383
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:

That's a good 2 to 3 car lenghts!!!! Ouch!
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #5384
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

More the 1/2 a fender but less the 2-3 car lengths...... Im pretty sure Tom could read my REAR license plate!

Do you mean its really not that big..........
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #5385
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Quote:
No I think you even run corrected distances in your brain along with your corrected time in your sig.Maybe a full fender but I'm being generous. Oh and my exhaust wasn't welded completely around so I lost .1 and and and.........
Since your exhaust wasnt welded, there is less back pressure, you probably gained .1. Now Ill beat you by .4 seconds! Im going to have to video it this week!

Better put on the DRs, check the shift light, only have 1/4 tank of gas and make sure you have the right tune in!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #5386
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornhusker Callaway View Post
Everyone is invited to the 8th Annual Chase County Classic August 20th in Imperial Nebraska! Last year there were 22 5th Gen Camaro's and 236 Corvettes. Help me grow the Camaro number and come join us for a free Car show with free BBQ, car wash, beverages, secure parking, and tons of fun.

Plus ++++ that night Craig Morgan and the Band Perry will be performing live at the Chase County Fair. To register simply go to www.harchelroadmotors.com and click on the Chase County Classic button on the front page. If you need more information or have questions call Dillon Harchelroad at (308) 882-4295. I'd like to see as many of you there as possible! (e-mail: dillon@harchelroadmotors.com)
We had a blast last year. Will make sure to make it again this year but this time we are coming with a full club and try and have the largest club in attendance. You forgot to mention the free margaritas which were absolutley fantastic. You guys in Nebraska really know how to throw a car show. Nix the car wash part as we all had to detail the swirl marks out of our cars afterwards but great bbq, drinks and people for sure. By the way the mods keep coming to our club with another custom build by Clint at AIR ready to roll out of the shop. And this year we will make sure to have enough candy for the whole parade route. Wow just remembering all the great times on that trip...By the way do you all have any E85 stations there in town....Long story there Dillon...long story there...
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #5387
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
Don. Walhan is talking about his c6 Zo6. Car put down 596 n.a., Should be more soon

Clint
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #5388
WYcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
We had a blast last year. Will make sure to make it again this year but this time we are coming with a full club and try and have the largest club in attendance. You forgot to mention the free margaritas which were absolutley fantastic. You guys in Nebraska really know how to throw a car show. Nix the car wash part as we all had to detail the swirl marks out of our cars afterwards but great bbq, drinks and people for sure. By the way the mods keep coming to our club with another custom build by Clint at AIR ready to roll out of the shop. And this year we will make sure to have enough candy for the whole parade route. Wow just remembering all the great times on that trip...By the way do you all have any E85 stations there in town....Long story there Dillon...long story there...
Heck yeah! that was a lot of fun... Maybe I'll win another trophy by default! it was a bit toasty and those margaritas sure helped. Looking foward to whipping some vette's for club attendance this year!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #5389
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
WOW, I'm off here one day and have much catch up to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYcamaro View Post
DR's, headers, tunes... yet it's a stock Camaro with the trophy... A MANUAL ONE!

Still, don't think I'll win one so i might as well go faster
Don't sell yourself short, Chris. Larry's got a point in his post.

[QUOTE=2010 SS RS;3197697]I loved chris's post about the bone stock manual winning the trophy...lol

Just goes to show that what Pepper has been preaching for years is so very true...It dont matter how fast you drive but how well you drive.

No really Larry, there's a lot of luck involved too!

Now Kirk has even more of a problem..He is in never never land at the cusp of 13.99 and under.... If he runs good he is going to be in a much harder group of much faster cars....Like 3 seconds faster which have much better drivers and a ton of automatics. If he runs slower he will be accused of dogging it and being a sandbagger. He will have to drive over his shoulder so he does not break out which will be at least one thing he will be responsible to do and is actually much harder than shifting gears. Poor Kirky....i feel so bad for him.

The real competition of the club is really now between Tom, Chris and Pepper....all manuals by the way. No offense boys but my money is on Pepper cause she seems to really understand the whole dial in concept and until someone else dethrones her she is the only one with bragging rights.

Dang, I was trying to keep a low profile. Thanks for painting a target on my back. hahaha QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYcamaro View Post
Grrr.... all right it's on... That right! I'm gunnin' for you Pepper.!

But really, I just feel bad for Kirky, I mean that Trophy could have been his...
I told you, Larry, you painted a target on my back.

Quote:
Chris- Pepper has like a 10 yr head start on us when it comes to racing....legally.
I'd shoot for taking Larry ,Ted or Garth first.
Being on a crew doesn't make you a driver. I don't have any more experience than the rest of you as a driver (except being a street demon) and have less than many of you.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
That's a good 2 to 3 car lenghts!!!! Ouch!
Ummm, in my UNexpert opinion, yup, 3 10ths is a ton. To give you an idea, my one pass I won by .0041. That's 4 thousandths not 3 hundredths.

Tom, I understand your thought that you and kirk are evenly matched but truly, the only way to get an EVEN match is for you to dial in and run. Then you are both at the mercy of the light, the launch and the run to the line. Just saying.

Thanks for all the props peeps. I expect to go out first round this weekend. Not that the gals I raced are slackers. The gal I was pitted with normally drives a 9 second dragster. The folks in this stick shift class have been doing it for years, too. If I wasn't a true rookie last weekend, I dang sure will be this one. Rest assured, I'll be giving it H$$L regardless! Need that LUCK factor big time, Chris's calm nerves and to stay away from Larry, Garth and whoever else is running from the club.
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #5390
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Being on a crew doesn't make you a driver. I don't have any more experience than the rest of you as a driver (except being a street demon) and have less than many of you.

Never once took a car down the track,bent the ear of any drivers... Um our being too modest.
And I'm more confused than ever .. your saying being dialed in we are at the mercy of the light,launch. How's that any different than going straight up head to head? Same issues. Light,launch.... If he's 3 tens faster what's that a blink and then he goes green? That's more for the me vs larry kind of power difference.
s
Bracket racing is a whole different story than fun runs. That blink of an eye is more distracting than you think. More challenging to guess what your car will run and run the number you guess.

Not being modest. I'm just telling you that guessing that number and running it is dang tough! Prior to moving to Cheyenne I had 3 passes on the car. If you need me to prove I'm a rookie, I'll tell you about the final race against the expert driver. I made every rookie mistake a person could possibly make including a .805 light! Wish like heck I could have that pass back cause I think I had a shot at the big trophy but like I told Larry, lessons learned. It's the only way to become a better driver...not by bending the ears of other drivers, but by actually driving.
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.

Last edited by 2SSONLY; 05-10-2011 at 12:08 AM.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro