Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Rascal Flatts / West Coast Customs Red Camaro

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/blog/?p=7845

Pics in the link above.

Fans of country music's Rascal Flatts are no doubt familiar with the song, "Red Camaro," which is featured in the band's latest album: "Nothing Like This."
I caught up to the "Red Camaro" customized by West Coast Customs at the Rascal Flatts concert in Atlanta last week. What a ride.

It all starts with an old F-body favorite, factory-style T-tops.

The interior was ripped apart and put back together with black leather and suede, red stitching, hand-crafted Swarovski crystal and Rascals Flatts emblems created by Crystal Ninja.

“I was approached by Rascal Flatts’ management on a business trip in the airport. They mentioned how the guys were fans of ours and asked if we were interested in building them a car for the release of their new album,” CEO West Coast Customs Ryan Fredlinghaus said in a news release.

Since then the car has been brought along on the band's tour and was the star of the an April episode of the "Inside West Coast Customs" TV show.

Rounding out the interior enhancements is a killer Diamond audio system.

Of course performance is what counts in any muscle car. Upgrades in the go department include a Harrop super charger, 22-inch HRE wheels and handling tweaks by Pedders suspension.

You can see additional photos, video and read more about the Camaro on the West Coast Customs website.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Rascel Flatts and Red Camaros
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
They only problem is that it's not red. I'm not feeling this one at all.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
1WILDSScmrg

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS inferno orange
pink? LOL
1WILDSScmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I was just listenint to that song
I see a red Camaro everyday that I
Old 08-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I dont like T-Tops on the 5th generation Camaro.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
that doesn't look "RED" at all.. *I* drive a red car.. thats more of a pinkish color

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Like Rascal Flatts...... the camaro not so much.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
another west coast customs fail
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
tacky as usual
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
toyboy1980

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT/RS
I know I haven't met most of you guys on here, but I play steel guitar & banjo for Rascal Flatts. I found my way onto the forum when I bought a 2LT/RS a few months ago. Pictures don't do this car justice. It's out on the road with us every weekend, and it's pretty damn sharp. Sounds MEAN too. I've driven it around a few venue parking lots. If any of you on here are ever coming to a show, holler at me. I'd love to say hi!

Me with Gary & Jay on stage...

-Travis
Mods: RX Catch Can / MRT Version 2.0 Exhaust / RotoFab CAI / Apex Motorsports Scoop + Windshield Washer Bottle Relocation / Hurst "HardDrive" Plate / Mud Guards / Heritage Grill + Street Scene Lower Valance / Metra Kit + Pioneer AVIC Z120BT / AAC "Ghosted" LED Concept Side Markers / P13W Plasma LED Bulbs + DRL Harness
toyboy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyboy1980 View Post
I know I haven't met most of you guys on here, but I play steel guitar & banjo for Rascal Flatts. I found my way onto the forum when I bought a 2LT/RS a few months ago. Pictures don't do this car justice. It's out on the road with us every weekend, and it's pretty damn sharp. Sounds MEAN too. I've driven it around a few venue parking lots. If any of you on here are ever coming to a show, holler at me. I'd love to say hi!

-Travis
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyboy1980 View Post

-Travis

I'm sure it sounds awesome, i have no doubt but in pictures that car is so NOT pretty. Next time ya'll are in CA bring it with you and give us a call so we can check it out..

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #14
toyboy1980

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT/RS
09/15 - Sacramento, CA (Marysville)
09/16 - San Jose, CA (Mountain View)
09/17 - San Bernardino, CA
09/18 - San Diego, CA (Chula Vista)

The Camaro should be at all of these shows, as far as I know. Come on out!
Mods: RX Catch Can / MRT Version 2.0 Exhaust / RotoFab CAI / Apex Motorsports Scoop + Windshield Washer Bottle Relocation / Hurst "HardDrive" Plate / Mud Guards / Heritage Grill + Street Scene Lower Valance / Metra Kit + Pioneer AVIC Z120BT / AAC "Ghosted" LED Concept Side Markers / P13W Plasma LED Bulbs + DRL Harness
toyboy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote