Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
DBean

Drives: 2012 SS2 IBM
2012 TF3 Edition red headed step-child?

I have been an avid reader of the camaro5 forums for sometime and currently in the process of ordering my own 2012, SS2. I have been contemplating the transformer edition, yet there appears to be little to no interest on the forums for this package. As well several individuals across the net have simply trolled the package into the ground.

Is there truly little interest in the TF edition? Is it the perfect car for the neighborhood Tool; or is it just simply the red headed step-child of the Camaro family?

EDIT*** Appearance: Side question... Does anyone know if the spoiler is two-toned or have a link to actual production pictures?

Your opinion is wanted!!!

Last edited by DBean; 08-19-2011 at 10:05 AM.
DBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
MikeJrSS

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I my opinion I think it has come to the point where the whole "Transformers" thing is starting to become a bit played out. In other words it's starting to get old. I for example am starting to dislike when everyone calls my car the "bumblebee car" or ask things like "will it transform?" There is the exception of little kids obviously though.

The new TF edition is nice. Its got alot of the same options my car has. For example the 21" rims and ground effects. It may be a bit pricey to some.

The only thing that matters though is what matters to you. It's a car that you are buying for yourself. Get what ever pleases YOU!
MikeJrSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
MikeJrSS

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Oh and Welcome to the forum.
MikeJrSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
You must answer the question yourself: "Do YOU want a 2012 Transformers Edition?" If the answer is yes, go buy it. If no, then save your $3K on other mods. I think one reason for the lackluster reception is that there are several other editions out there right now, the TE doesn't come in a convertible, plus it's a makeover of a previous TE from 2010. There's simply more choices out there vying for your Camaro $$. And the $3K option price seems a bit steep for some. But at least it's out there if you want it. That's JMO.

For example, 45th editions are becoming a buzz right now, and they're sweet, but I personally wouldn't have one. I'd hold out for a ZL1 instead if I were going for a 2012. Also, in 5 years, with the 50th, the 45th will be yesterday's news seemingly like the 35th is now. But some people don't want a ZL1, and they really want a 45th right now. So more power to them! I'm happy GM is making a lot of versions people like.

It's all good to get advice to help make your decision, such as "brakes are always failing" or "reliability is great", etc. But as for a make/model/options that's ultimately YOUR decision. You're paying for it, right? Get what you want, not what other people would want.

It's like when women ask "Does this outfit make me look fat?" There's no good answer. The real question should be asked back, "Does wearing that outfit make you feel good?" You shouldn't need validation from others as to your personal vehicle choices/options.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
You must answer the question yourself: "Do YOU want a 2012 Transformers Edition?" If the answer is yes, go buy it. If no, then save your $3K on other mods. I think one reason for the lackluster reception is that there are several other editions out there right now, the TE doesn't come in a convertible, plus it's a makeover of a previous TE from 2010. There's simply more choices out there vying for your Camaro $$. And the $3K option price seems a bit steep for some. But at least it's out there if you want it. That's JMO.

For example, 45th editions are becoming a buzz right now, and they're sweet, but I personally wouldn't have one. I'd hold out for a ZL1 instead if I were going for a 2012. Also, in 5 years, with the 50th, the 45th will be yesterday's news seemingly like the 35th is now. But some people don't want a ZL1, and they really want a 45th right now. So more power to them! I'm happy GM is making a lot of versions people like.

It's all good to get advice to help make your decision, such as "brakes are always failing" or "reliability is great", etc. But as for a make/model/options that's ultimately YOUR decision. You're paying for it, right? Get what you want, not what other people would want.

It's like when women ask "Does this outfit make me look fat?" There's no good answer. The real question should be asked back, "Does wearing that outfit make you feel good?" You shouldn't need validation from others as to your personal vehicle choices/options.

I like it, but it's your car.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #6
Darth Camaro
Out of my mind!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Hold out for the come back of the Le'Car! It should be a "sleeper" ZZZzzzzzzz

Darth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #7
stet

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
I think the TF editions would be more interesting if they actually looked like the Bumblebee Camaros from the movies. So far none of them really have.
stet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #8
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by stet View Post
I think the TF editions would be more interesting if they actually looked like the Bumblebee Camaros from the movies. So far none of them really have.
This. It looks nothing like bumble-bee, also...I'm sick of hearing about bumble-bee anyways.

My car looks nothing like it except for it being a Camaro, yet people of all ages call it that.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I say exactly what the others on this forum are saying. Get whatever you want and make sure you post pictures of it when you get it. If you get the transformers edition make sure you post interior shots I really want to see what it looks like in a non rendered picture
Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
I would not ever order a package that's associated with a movie. It's your car so make it your own.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Shaimerej

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
I would have been more likely to buy one if it were the same color as the one in the movies and with less badging. I have a white one and many ask why I didn't buy a black one. One guy I know is even kinda a d*** about it. I have also had people go out of their way to compliment my choice of white. It's all a wash if you ask me. Same thing goes for A6 vs. M6. I say get what you want because no matter what you get, some people will love it and some people will hate it: Strangely, many of them won't even own a Camaro.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I honestly really like the TF3 Edition..
Old 08-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJrSS View Post
The new TF edition is nice. Its got alot of the same options my car has. For example the 21" rims and ground effects. It may be a bit pricey to some.
The 21" rims and the GM GFX are NOT part of the TF package. The TF package basically gets you a different spoiler and a bunch of badges.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
DBean

Drives: 2012 SS2 IBM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I think the most encouraging thing regarding a purchase of the Camaro is the supportive community!

There is are a few themes that sticks out amongst the above posts...1) get what you want! 2) No matter what you get your car will be refereed to as BBee. Maybe in some sick way its worth getting in some strange tongue and cheek way to wear the label in some sheik over the top way?

I am appreciative of the feedback and look forward to check back to read more opinions. Keep them coming!!!
DBean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ralley yellow, transformer