Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I am too scared of installation to buy a Heritage Grille!

I watched a You Tube video (by a member of Camaro5...I recognize the name) of the installation of a Heritage grille. People say its pretty easy, but after watching, I don't think I have it in me! I can hopefully count on my brother to help me in his (machine) shop so all the necessary tools are within arms reach. At 17, he rebuilt, with minimal help, a 67 Firebird and did an excellent job to boot!! I just don't want to damage the front bumper or the wheel wells or SOMETHING!!! I feel somewhat defeated and think maybe I should just keep the OE grille and switch the bow ties for white "SS" badges from Sparks.......cue the violins .
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
You can always get your dealer to install it.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I watched a You Tube video (by a member of Camaro5...I recognize the name) of the installation of a Heritage grille. People say its pretty easy, but after watching, I don't think I have it in me! I can hopefully count on my brother to help me in his (machine) shop so all the necessary tools are within arms reach. At 17, he rebuilt, with minimal help, a 67 Firebird and did an excellent job to boot!! I just don't want to damage the front bumper or the wheel wells or SOMETHING!!! I feel somewhat defeated and think maybe I should just keep the OE grille and switch the bow ties for white "SS" badges from Sparks.......cue the violins .

I think the member you're talking about is GTAHVIT. He has a dark blue SS/RS. He's a moderator here.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Sounds like you shoulda bought a prius........
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
You can always get your dealer to install it.
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
DIY Heritage Grille Install - (Remove and Reinstall Front Bumper/Fascia)

Check this out... It may help.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.....
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
take it to the dealer lol
Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Great DIY video bro. I gotta say....I want the heritage grille myself and I feel very confident that I'll have no problem installing it myself, thanks to your write up movie.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I installed mine with a friend. It's not really hard at all. Check out the DIY videos.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol.in.a.Camaro View Post
Great DIY video bro. I gotta say....I want the heritage grille myself and I feel very confident that I'll have no problem installing it myself, thanks to your write up movie.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol.in.a.Camaro View Post

If we install one on ours, we will be taking advice from his DIY.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Come on now...a Prius?? My dealer will charge, I believe, $400 for an installed Heritage grille. Too much for a piece of plastic. And its not a matter of "the tough get going", I am paranoid of scratching, denting, doing something that will end up costing MORE money to fix.

I appreciate the comments and yes, GTAHVIT's video was the one I watched. I'm off to work, but I will look at the instructions posted. Maybe instead of crying I should get my brother's opinion about whether we can do it or not!!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Get in there and get your hands dirty!