Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 AM   #15
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Your dealer is an idiot. The idiocy of your dealer dwarfs the idiocy of ordinary human beings. It could be that most dealers are inherently stupid by design, or it could be that your dealer was bludgeoned repeatedly to cause this intelligence gap. In any case, your dealer is clearly dumber than most people are capable of being. Don't worry. Somehow, hundreds of thousands to millions of dealers all over the country manage to do their jobs despite their colossal idiocy.

Pricing has been released.
New sig!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
I agree with what has been said earlier.

Either:

(1) Your dealer is clueless.

(2) or most likely - he's lying and once your car shows up - SURPRISE! Added Market Value or whatever BS term they use. Tell him to go fly a kite.
As stated previously, your dealer is an idiot. It's good to see some agreement on this.

It is not surprising that the dealer is wanting to play hardball with you. Make sure that your deposit is refundable and place an order elsewhere. Whichever one wants to offer you the lower price can have your business.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:10 AM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Pricing is still not available in autobook, the software they tell us to use to build and price cars. The dealer is prolly waiting for the pricing to be updated in there. I myself, am very curious to know why it isn't...

Yes you can get a "price" youself base on the above, but being a GM document not meant for distribution, and that the above could be deemed corporate confidential information which could result in recoverable damages...

I would not take the above sheet as "SET IN STONE"

Remember, everything, yes everything can be *subject to change
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:13 AM   #18
Barry626

Drives: 2012 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I talked to my dealer today and he told me the pricing has not been established....yet, WTF!!!

What have your dealers told you about your car price? Do you have a firm price?
Not a clue what your dealer is up too?
I have a full contract written up with all prices + trade in , etc.
Signed my me & Manager. So I don't expect any prices changing later?
Barry626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:40 AM   #19
Sanouk

Drives: all US
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Pricing is still not available in autobook, the software they tell us to use to build and price cars. The dealer is prolly waiting for the pricing to be updated in there. I myself, am very curious to know why it isn't...
WHEN???
Sanouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #20
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Thanks Scotty. I knew he wasn't screwing with me. He had seen it on this very forum and knew I was well aware of this forum so he would've had to have been a moron to try and pull one over on me.

I think many of the people on this forum (*cough* blur) are a bit too ready to say "OMG THE DEALER IS SCREWING YOU GO TO ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!"
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #21
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Scott thanks for your reply......I think Chevy and my Dealer need to firm this pricing up, I need to make some financial decisions. The final pricing isn't asking to much.......this late in the game.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #22
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Scott thanks for your reply......I think Chevy and my Dealer need to firm this pricing up, I need to make some financial decisions. The final pricing isn't asking to much.......this late in the game.
I think you're safe making your decisions based off of the pricing that has been leaked. Also, the pricing for each base model is official so that's definitely safe. It's the options and packages that haven't been officially priced. If there is any deviation, it shouldn't be by much and therefore will be a drop in the bucket compared to the entire price of the car.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #23
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:

Yes you can get a "price" youself base on the above, but being a GM document not meant for distribution, and that the above could be deemed corporate confidential information which could result in recoverable damages...

Well my dealer gave me a price out the door in writing and frankly I expect them to honor it. I suppose they could change the price based on your premise and I won't have a problem with that so long as it is lower or they refund my deposit.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #24
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS
aprox 6500 U.S. dealerships (for now :-( ) not millions.... but yeah. that one is a winner.... or looser , however you wanna think about it. they need to get with the program if that wanna stay in the game at this point in the automotive economy.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #25
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:

As long as it reflects the pricing discussed on the Z28 podcast with John Fitzpatrick and Cheryl Pilcher I would say it is. I was told yesterday that they said all pre-orders would be filled at the released pricing regardless of what happened by the time the cars get to the dealers (assuming pricing would go possibly up). So as far as I'm concerned, worst scenario is that my pricing is locked in lieu of any price increase. Best scenario is the price drops and I get the new price from my dealer who put in writing, "MSRP at time of delivery".

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=10
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #26
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
As long as it reflects the pricing discussed on the Z28 podcast with John Fitzpatrick and Cheryl Pilcher I would say it is. I was told yesterday that they said all pre-orders would be filled at the released pricing regardless of what happened by the time the cars get to the dealers (assuming pricing would go possibly up). So as far as I'm concerned, worst scenario is that my pricing is locked in lieu of any price increase. Best scenario is the price drops and I get the new price from my dealer who put in writing, "MSRP at time of delivery".

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=10
Here's the podcast...

But from a dealer's standpoint, this isn't good enough. When the price comes up in workbench is when most will agree to a price.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #27
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Personally, I wouldn't bet a penny that the price list we've seen here was NOT intended by GM for our eyes. Did they really expect even us enthusiasts to order blindly with no idea of price? I don't think so. Of course that doesn't mean those prices can't change, but I doubt it would be a significant amount.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Personally, I wouldn't bet a penny that the price list we've seen here was NOT intended by GM for our eyes. Did they really expect even us enthusiasts to order blindly with no idea of price? I don't think so. Of course that doesn't mean those prices can't change, but I doubt it would be a significant amount.
We weren't blind. One thing we know for sure is GM announced model pricing on October 13th on the web. We didn't need the "cheat sheet" for that. Only thing(s) we can't necessarily count on at this point are the option pricing as far as I'm concerned.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote