Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #15
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
You touched the point that I was very interested in. I checked the Featherlight which had great features and were at least $400 cheaper. Why will they be better than the GMPP? Also do we really get a discount as forum members?
The GMPP and the Featherlite have the same shock the difference is the spring. Supposedly they get that much better of a price on the springs for the Fetherlite. Plus the GMPP sticker probably cost a bit too.

Go to the Vendors any of the following will be able to take care of you. JDP/Phastek/Apex. Whomever has the best price gets the sale.

I like the guys at JDP Motorsports that's my endorsement if it matters at all. I've also had good luck with Phastek. I've not had the opportunity to buy from Apex yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #16
B-_-RAD
Banned

Drives: ...
Check out MTI Racing, they have some goodies that would help you out. Also, they have the pfadt coils for a decent price. They might even do member discounts as i'm pretty sure they are a sponsor.
B-_-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
Check out MTI Racing, they have some goodies that would help you out. Also, they have the pfadt coils for a decent price. They might even do member discounts as i'm pretty sure they are a sponsor.
I will check them out rightnow . Thanks for the info
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #18
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

I got the Eibach springs that dropped the car 1.0 in the front Nd 1.3 in the rear.
If I was to sell my 1LE struts with the eibach springs. Will they fit a owner of a camaro v6?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #19
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROC655 View Post
Just completed a complete Pfadt race suspension system for the track. They had the most complete set on the market. Did a ton of reserach and chose Pfadt.

Did a Pedders system on my G8 GXP a couple of years ago but wanted to try a different system. Had less than one track day to try things out so I really don't have much to report about handling.

Some pics of the upgrades:
So this is where that massive box went! haha Awesome man, can't wait to see some track results!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #20
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
So this is where that massive box went! haha Awesome man, can't wait to see some track results!

How much for a massive box with all those components???
Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #21
NYROC655

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE Track Ready
Pfadt sells a road course race package that includes all these parts. I think it was just shy of $4k. I just tried to look on their web site but it has changed since last September when I ordered them. Not really sure.

Only order this extreme package for road racing. The cars rides rough on the street. As you can see one of the items was solid motor mounts. If you really want to feel what 654hp feels like at your steering wheel, get solid motor mounts!

More Pics:
Attached Images

NYROC655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I've heard the Ridetech Coil overs are really nice and they're about $600 cheaper.
Might want to check them out?
Quote:
Got any links to this one? I never heard of them
Lio, we have them listed on our website just below the Pfadt coil overs we discussed yesterday. Sometime in the next few weeks we will be installing a set on Apex Paul's daily driver.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #23
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Lio, we have them listed on our website just below the Pfadt coil overs we discussed yesterday. Sometime in the next few weeks we will be installing a set on Apex Paul's daily driver.

Which ones are better?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #24
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Which ones are better?

I would buy the Ride Tech coilovers as they are a great product at a great price, and the company stands behind them with excellent customer service.

I know the owner of Ride Tech from racing with him at events like LS Fest and if I need coilover replacements for my Pedders, those are what I am buying because they work well from watching him beat my time in their 2010 Camaro on the autocross and they come with a million mile warranty....any questions, check this thread and read the head of their engineering departments comments...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=336414&page=2
Old 02-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #25
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
So I'm currently with 509 RWHP with the Turbonetics kit 76 at 5.8 psi. I'm gonna do a Comp cam . Pushrods , dual valve springs. Increase boost and custom tune.
Plan is to end up at 600rhwp
So I know I need to also upgrade my suspension to avoid wheel hop?

I been looking at the Pfadt cool overs but they are $2,790. Any info? Meaning has anyone with a 1LE done it? Are they worth the money!?
Coilovers are not really going to help with wheel hop, but they will help with handling.

To get rid of wheel hop go with a set of Pfadt Subframe bushings, Upper control arm bushings, and trailing arms with outer bushings. These are the key items that really need to be addressed.

As for the coilover question, We are excited to try out the RideTech coilovers, but I still fancy Pfadt's inverted design. We'll be testing a set soon and will be able to provide some good feed back and comparison to the Pfadt coilovers.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime. I'm always happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #26
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Definitely looking forward to a review by Apex of the Ridetech coilovers and how they are for daily driving!
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #27
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Coilovers are not really going to help with wheel hop, but they will help with handling.

To get rid of wheel hop go with a set of Pfadt Subframe bushings, Upper control arm bushings, and trailing arms with outer bushings. These are the key items that really need to be addressed.

As for the coilover question, We are excited to try out the RideTech coilovers, but I still fancy Pfadt's inverted design. We'll be testing a set soon and will be able to provide some good feed back and comparison to the Pfadt coilovers.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime. I'm always happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Also looking forward to a good comparison between Pfadt and Ridetech!
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #28
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Same here I need a comparison of both Coilovers