Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-30-2018, 05:14 AM   #1
Slow_6banger

Drives: V6 camaro with straight pipes
Reduced Engine Power/New Engine Issues

So I blew the original 3.6 in my camaro and replaced it with a cherry 84k mile motor from the same year, but after install and first start (which was very rough maybe from 3-4 month old gas) I came across a “Reduced Engine Power” message on my dash and a check engine for a pedal position, a throttle position, fuel regulator, and idle position- which one of these codes could have tripped the REP because ATM I’m shit outta luck and I have no idea where to go from here except replacing the throttle body and checking my regulator?
Slow_6banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
Slow_6banger

Drives: V6 camaro with straight pipes
Ohh and yes I did this myself in a garage with some tools and a bit of know how
Slow_6banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
My "Reduce Engine Power, Service Stabilitrak" code was due to using the Vitesse Throttle Controller, and then later again because of the steering wheel adjustment. I would check these and definitely the battery terminals and actual throttle body. I think I fixed this problem another time by replacing my intake filter and chancing the oil (it sucked in some water on a really rainy day).
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #4
GreaseMonkey

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_6banger View Post
So I blew the original 3.6 in my camaro and replaced it with a cherry 84k mile motor from the same year, but after install and first start (which was very rough maybe from 3-4 month old gas) I came across a “Reduced Engine Power” message on my dash and a check engine for a pedal position, a throttle position, fuel regulator, and idle position- which one of these codes could have tripped the REP because ATM I’m shit outta luck and I have no idea where to go from here except replacing the throttle body and checking my regulator?
If you have a throttle controller try taking it off (Ideal) or the quick way which worked in my situation was do the relearn process of it.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote