Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #169
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
I said I over-reacted when I stated GM is run by morons, and I am sorry I said it. Just frustrated I guess. I don't understand why it costs millions to validate a color. GM must have thought it was worth the money to validate Synergy Green. I thought that was great! (even if it cost more as an option). I am glad you said GM is not saying they will never offer the blue that many Camaro lovers seek. At least I can still hope that maybe someday, some way, GM will decide to offer a "special edition" or extra-cost optional medium or bright metallic blue. Again, I apologize for my comment. Sometimes I let my passion for things get ahead of my mouth, and it engages before my pea-brain stops the commentary from coming out.

No problem - Black Suburbans recalled back to home base.

Yes - passion is usually what causes us to say things that sometimes are worded a bit ...shall we say....overboard.

it costs millions because we have to ensure that the paint matches and that it comes out properly as we paint cars at an accelerated line rate.

Good example: We dropped Sebring Silver in the 2001 model year - and brought it back in 2002 (long story -- but at one point that was our 'anniversary color' -- ) -- believe it or not, we could not build a Sebring silver car for the first few weeks of the 2002 model year as the body side moldings did not match!

Yes - you say to yourself: "how could it possibly cost that much?" - -well - the reality is that it does - for every manufacturer.

Synergy Green was a very controversial decision - and it was loaded with 'risk' - but it was a risk that was well worth it....and I think that most camaro enthusiasts would agree.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #170
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
No problem - Black Suburbans recalled back to home base.

Yes - passion is usually what causes us to say things that sometimes are worded a bit ...shall we say....overboard.

it costs millions because we have to ensure that the paint matches and that it comes out properly as we paint cars at an accelerated line rate.

Good example: We dropped Sebring Silver in the 2001 model year - and brought it back in 2002 (long story -- but at one point that was our 'anniversary color' -- ) -- believe it or not, we could not build a Sebring silver car for the first few weeks of the 2002 model year as the body side moldings did not match!

Yes - you say to yourself: "how could it possibly cost that much?" - -well - the reality is that it does - for every manufacturer.

Synergy Green was a very controversial decision - and it was loaded with 'risk' - but it was a risk that was well worth it....and I think that most camaro enthusiasts would agree.
Thank goodness the black Suburbans have been recalled...I thought I saw one following me home the other night! Seriously, Mr. Settlemire, I appreciate the fact that someone of your stature in the Camaro development since day one back in the 1960's is willing and able to deal with common Camaro fans like myself. We obviously have one thing in common....PASSION for the Chevrolet Camaro...first gen to fifth gen, they are all Camaros and we love each model. Since GM was willing to risk so much investment in making the Synergy Green color available, (a risk I heartily applaud), I must believe GM will, sooner or later, make a great medium-to-bright Blue Metallic color as an option...as extra-cost or on a special edition. If this is the case, I will be one of the first buyers to contact my friend and Chevrolet salesman, Rod. I have bought 3 brand new GM products from him and the dealership he has worked for for almost 30 years. One thing about me, and several friends I have, is we are all very loyal to GM, and Rod....just as I am loyal to the Camaro. I am sure you understand the passion and loyalty to GM and especially the Camaro....Once again, thanks for your hard work, and understanding....and I appreciate all that the Camaro team does to promote and expand the Camaro brand.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #171
krazy kat

Drives: 2013 camaro Dusk edition 2SS/RS
Cool DUSK

I have the 2013 camaro Dusk Edition 2 SS/RS this car is awesome the color blue ray metallic is one of the nicest exterior colors GM has ever produced, you really need to see this car and color in person. The interior color is is beautiful again you must see to believe, this past Sunday I took the car to a show and shine and it was the talk of the show, and these are car guys.
krazy kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #172
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat View Post
I have the 2013 camaro Dusk Edition 2 SS/RS this car is awesome the color blue ray metallic is one of the nicest exterior colors GM has ever produced, you really need to see this car and color in person. The interior color is is beautiful again you must see to believe, this past Sunday I took the car to a show and shine and it was the talk of the show, and these are car guys.

Surely you knew this was coming since you didn't bother to post any
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #173
NOVAtwinLS3

Drives: 2018 ZL1
We bought our Dusk couple months back, the paint,interior, and rims really make it stand out from the crowd. Test drove a ZL1, loved it but the interior was not what you'd expect from a mid 50k car. Saw the Dusk and was sold, planning to install an ECS FI package and suspension upgrades.

You can check out my pics on my page.
NOVAtwinLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #174
NOVAtwinLS3

Here's some pics
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #175
NOVAtwinLS3

More
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #176
NOVAtwinLS3

Want to lower it some
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #177
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Damn, those wheels are REALLY nice.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #178
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
mine should be here in 2 weeks. Super charger in a week.
2ssx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #179
NOVAtwinLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssx2 View Post
mine should be here in 2 weeks. Super charger in a week.
What system are you going with for FI?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #180
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
if anyone gets a hero card scan it and post it thanks
Richie

You still looking for a Dusk Hero Card from the factory ??

Let me know.

Mike
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #181
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Personally, I'm not big on blue but I'm really digging the Dusk edition!! Looks great with those wheels.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #182
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Personally, I'm not big on blue but I'm really digging the Dusk edition!! Looks great with those wheels.
, but they do look good!