Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #57
Jpb972

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I know there have been a lot of folks asking about wiring for the Camaro.

I apologize if this is a repost, but I had not seen it so I thought I would post it.

This should be very helpful in wiiring up some aftermarket amps and accessories!!

Enjoy!

The last 3 pages are not included because there was no good info on them.
Thanks man! Just what I was looking for. I know this is an old post but is this info good for the 2011 as well? I have an alpine navi unit to install and it needs connections to brake, reverse light, and e-brake.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #58
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Awesome info, was thinking about doing a dash lighting kit
Old 05-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #59
rookie1987

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
I was just about to post asking how others wired theirs up but now i dont need to thank you much help
rookie1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #60
jacksaigon

Drives: Black Camaro
Thank you for the info., it comes handy when needed.
jacksaigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:02 PM   #61
Montanape

Drives: Camaro rs lt2 2013
Hey if anyone is using this http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/3195450...527408&veh=sem you want to cut in to the x2 harness left rear speaker high is dark blue with white tracer +
Green -
Left rear speaker high dark green +
Light blue with black tracer -
Only reason why I am explaining this way is because it's a whole lot cheaper and you get the bass knob which to me is awesome! Well hopefully finds this useful .
Montanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #62
Montanape

Drives: Camaro rs lt2 2013
Wanted to add another plus about this no thump when car turns off nothing it works awesome and super cheap.
Montanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #63
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Can anyone confirm that the pin outs are the same on a 2014 2ss/rs camaro for the parking lights (+). the wiring colors are different than described.

Last edited by Netraa; 05-02-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #64
Cristina Roka

Drives: toyota
The electrical system is critical to your cars operation. It might seem like a complex and confusing mess, but if you approach this logically and use the sites wiring diagrams you'll be able to understand what's going on. Old harnesses are often hacked up, frayed or brittle. Previous owners generally hack into a harness to install radios or other electrical equipment. Wires in the engine bay melt or become brittle. You might peek under your dash and see that rats have chewed everything up, or you've had (or will have) a fire soon because of the condition of your wiring. In some cases it's easier to replace the wiring harness with a new one. Inspect what you have 1st before throwing money around or rewiring your car.
Cristina Roka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:29 AM   #65
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcycook View Post
i need help i have a 2013 LT with MY-LINK dont like took out, please dont ask why, i took out the my-link AND put in a base model radio oem headthat came out of a camaro 2010 programmed to my car, ok all good put in and it works with steering wheel controls sound ect, but when i plug
in the oem face plate all the functions work but no sound? thats the problem QUESTION IS WHY
Hi, lemme try and translate what you're asking with proper grammar;

Quote:
I need help. I have a 2013 LT with upgraded MyLink that I did not like so I removed it (please don't ask why lol). I replaced it with an OEM radio out of a 2010 Camaro that was reprogrammed to my car. Everything seems to work fine without the face plate attached, but once I put the face plate on the sound cuts out. Any ideas?
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:37 AM   #66
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
OK for any one how would like to put the original retro camaro oem radio in your my-link camaro i have found a programmer who can do it , and figured out the trick to fix the no sound with the face plate is plugged in cell 765 472 0600 Indiana , i was told buy the best diy car guys could not be done reverse programing , but i found a programmer that can do it , the last problem was why plugging in the face plate the sound muted out amp was turning off. but a simple trick fixed that , it works ,and also can get the door lock unlock button on the face plate to work . i never liked the my-link in this camaro its fine in other cars but the camaro is a retro look and the my-link hides the 4 gauges more i just don't like it .
I am unable to understand your posts.

I recommend visiting a professional aftermarket car audio shop for direct assistance.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #67
darcycook

Drives: 2013 v6 auto 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
I am unable to understand your posts.

I recommend visiting a professional aftermarket car audio shop for direct assistance.
thanks i got it figured out if any one takes the my-link out and gets a base radio with base face plate & gets programmed to camaro than the only wire needs cut is # 18 white on face plate plug . that wire turns iff amp when face plate is plugged in, why i don't know. just happy it all works and plays cool
darcycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #68
PC User

Drives: Camaro V6 RS
Backup camera question

Is there any way to wire the backup camera to always be on (when the car is on) other than when it is backing up?

I put a rear spoiler on, and it is blocking my rear view.

mrpcuser@yahoo.com
PC User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #69
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
I may have missed after just a quick search, but does anyone know what GAUGE wires are used in the harness?
I am specifically trying to find out what gauge wire for the reverse lights. It looks like 16 or 14 from the pics I have seen, and I don't want to pull the rear bumper just to find a wire size.
Hesitant to pull it off to begin with when I modify the rear lights.
Thank you in advance.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #70
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

18-22awg