Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #85
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I just can't see the economic system collapsing because there are no Twinkies. Banks over leveraged, the last of the manufacturing base (automotive)...I'm figuring rational people didn't wanna take that gamble. ...what's $787B worth of Ho-Ho's, Ding Dong's, Twinkies, and high fructose corn syrup look like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
The movie Zombieland was a direct result of the shortage of Twinkies.

It's 2012.

Maybe the Mayans were right!?!
It's all becoming quite clear to me......................

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #86
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
The Twinkie Hangs On: Judge Orders Hostess to Mediate with Union

Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week.

The bankruptcy judge hearing the case said Monday that the parties haven't gone through the critical step of mediation and asked the lawyer for the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, which has been on strike on Nov. 9, to ask his client, who wasn't present, if the union would agree to participate. The judge noted that the bakery union went on strike after rejecting the company's latest contract offer, even though it never filed an objection to it.

"Many people, myself included, have serious questions as to the logic behind this strike," said Judge Robert Drain, who heard the case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York in White Plains, N.Y. "Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case."

Hostess and the union are expected to begin the mediation process on Tuesday.

Irving, Texas-based Hostess, weighed down by debt, management turmoil, rising labor costs and the changing tastes of America, decided on Friday that it no longer could make it through a conventional Chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring. Instead, it's asked the court for permission to sell assets and go out of business.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #87
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Well the bakers union think its can still win and get all it wants and force them to stay open, the owners are done with it, they done washed their hands and the bread union workers won't get anything but an unemployment check.

no judge can force a business to stay open
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #88
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
The products will be back, but Hostess is a mess and will pretty much HAVE to close just due to the debt and pension obligations. The management team did not help the cause in any way when it handed out bonuses like business cards...idiots all the way around here. The companies that will buy the Hostess product line(s) will not require the personnel that Hostess has because their manufacturing efficiency is much higher than the antiquated Hostess/Sweetheart Baking methods. I doubt that the 18,000 jobs will be back any time soon. Sad.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #89
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
the worst thing was moving the bakery to main. the natic bakery always made money no mater of the times.those gready gm cleaned the place out. the last six years has just been sucky.the high ups rake in the cash and people like my mom that worked there for over 25 years got screwd out of her retirement.Mom whent 8 years with no rais.when my Dad hit 3 mill miles of safe driving the teamsters were the ones that congrat him.No one from the bakery gave a crap.this was there number one driver steming from the west hartford bakery to natic then worcester.Dad had just shy of 40 years working for hostess and yea when he died two months after retiring my mom got burned on the life polisy and his pention.yea bitter sweet
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #90
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Everyone will blame the President for the Twinkies misfortune...
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #91
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
And its done and over, the union played the hokey pokey with the unemployment line and lost.

…..Ya put your right leg in and make un reasonable demands, ya do the hokey pokey and wave your sign about, and that how you lose your job CLAP_CLAP.....
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #92
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Come to think of it, I haven't eaten a Hostess product for quite some time. They don't offer much health food which is where I am at these days.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote