Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I loved the fit and finish of the LMII, but if you have heard the MRT2 you will know what we are talking about. I've got friends that are V8 or die type guys and even they said the MRT sounds very good. I never got those comments with my LMII, even with long-tube headers.

I'm not saying don't buy LMII, just saying if you really want a nice, clean sounding setup then the MRT2 is the better choice.
this could not have been said better. I get many compliments on the V2s sound.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
MRt v2.0 K&n intake before the headers and x pipe. ^^^ and agree with the previous comment.

M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #17
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
So to the sponsors that are saying mrt over loudmouth. You sell both right? So a unbiased opinion correct. I have a shop that does awesome work and has worked on vettes for years. They wanna do a slp2 on my v6. From what I have seen off this sight has said just the opposite of a lot of you. Even other camaro sites. So I'm confused. Also one thread swears the drone of mrt v2 is bad and raspy. Yet I see some saying its not. So you see where I stand. I have a reliable shop with trained mechanics saying slp. And they get nothing they could order me exhaust from anywhere andi could bring in whatever and they would install. Or I can listen to some sponsors and there friends on this site and go for what they sell. Hmmmmm. See my problem. I and you will never know unless we here first hand. Not video or this or my buddy friends sister said lol. No on e has said I have heard both I and this is the difference or be honest and say. No difference. To be got,at honest sme say the sound I got from my cai inc was good enough. Some swear the x pipe with either exhaust will sound throaty and less drone and rasp. So let me know please. And sponsors. It's your site I understand but if not gonna give me a unbiased opinion I would rather get none
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #18
Blues45th

Just saw this also. Perfect Melendez you get compliments. So I'm in florida also. What is the next big state function. You gong to the rally. Then I can hear yours and be honest.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I loved the fit and finish of the LMII, but if you have heard the MRT2 you will know what we are talking about. I've got friends that are V8 or die type guys and even they said the MRT sounds very good. I never got those comments with my LMII, even with long-tube headers.

I'm not saying don't buy LMII, just saying if you really want a nice, clean sounding setup then the MRT2 is the better choice. The LMII look bad ass and really refined.
^^^ When I said that ^^^ I may have not been clear. I started out with LMII exhaust and ended up with MRT2. I have first-hand experience with both. I don't sale either and I'm not a site sponsor. Just giving you my honest opinion. SLP LMII look better but the MRT2 sound better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So to the sponsors that are saying mrt over loudmouth. You sell both right? So a unbiased opinion correct. I have a shop that does awesome work and has worked on vettes for years. They wanna do a slp2 on my v6. From what I have seen off this sight has said just the opposite of a lot of you. Even other camaro sites. So I'm confused. Also one thread swears the drone of mrt v2 is bad and raspy. Yet I see some saying its not. So you see where I stand. I have a reliable shop with trained mechanics saying slp. And they get nothing they could order me exhaust from anywhere andi could bring in whatever and they would install. Or I can listen to some sponsors and there friends on this site and go for what they sell. Hmmmmm. See my problem. I and you will never know unless we here first hand. Not video or this or my buddy friends sister said lol. No on e has said I have heard both I and this is the difference or be honest and say. No difference. To be got,at honest sme say the sound I got from my cai inc was good enough. Some swear the x pipe with either exhaust will sound throaty and less drone and rasp. So let me know please. And sponsors. It's your site I understand but if not gonna give me a unbiased opinion I would rather get none
Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #20
Blues45th

How did the rx turbo work out for you. And thank you. Now I have a first hand opinion. What did you find different. I know slp looks 100times better. Sound wise though and at what points. Start up. Acceleration. This many rooms sounded like this. I just wanna see if I get the slp2 with a x pipe if I could make the sound come across better. Throaty
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #21
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
How did the rx turbo work out for you. And thank you. Now I have a first hand opinion. What did you find different. I know slp looks 100times better. Sound wise though and at what points. Start up. Acceleration. This many rooms sounded like this. I just wanna see if I get the slp2 with a x pipe if I could make the sound come across better. Throaty
I didn't have the x pipe so I can't give you first hand experience.

SLP -- Fair amount of drone around 2200 RPMs. Get the long-tube headers after them so can't be sure, but I think it made the rasp of the headers worse.

MRT -- I have never heard drone at all. They have always been used with the turbos and that may cut down on drone. However, RTCat600Man says his do not drone either and when I have listened to the videos he's posted I can't detect any. I trust him and would not have bought my MRT2 if it had not been for him vouching for them.

I don't have the LLT anymore. I'm now doing a LFX build. Liking it so far, but we are taking it to the track for the first time next week.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #22
Blues45th

Awesome. Ok I will call the shop and tell them I'm gonna go. A different route now the challenge finding this at the real price lol. Kills me that it has gone up almost 100$. You have knowledge I can tell. Any difference in x pipes as in one from another. I found the magnaflow for 94$
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Awesome. Ok I will call the shop and tell them I'm gonna go. A different route now the challenge finding this at the real price lol. Kills me that it has gone up almost 100$. You have knowledge I can tell. Any difference in x pipes as in one from another. I found the magnaflow for 94$
Like I said before, I am not trying to get people to buy one over the other. I liked my LMII and if bad seals on my turbos had not filled them with oil I wouldn't have replaced them. They have drone, but it isn't intolerable. If you are cruising at a speed where you hear, just turn up the radio.

You are the only one that can decide. Are the MRT worth the price to you? For me it was, but for you it may not be. Decisions are tough, but only you can make them.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #24
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
I run the LMII's behind a pair if ARH 1 7/8" long tubes. It sounds awesome. There's some considerable drone at highway speeds (1800-2200 RPM). I had to fatmat my trunk to kill it. That being said, I freakin' love it and get so many compliments. Other camaro owners wanna know what setup I'm running.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #25
Blues45th

I'm a 6 your a 8 bro
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #26
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
I'm a 6 your a 8 bro
Same basic principle for drone though. Different story for the headers though. V6s are just raspy with Long Tube Headers. V8s not so much. However, both can produce drone.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #27
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I'm a 6 your a 8 bro
OP has an 8 bro...
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
I have mrt v2's. I also have OBX lt's without the x pipe. I love the sound! I could get a video sometime tomorrow.

edit- Doh I did not notice the 2011 post. and this guy has a v8 now lol
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote