Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Ace

Drives: On order: Camaro SS/RS,A6, SIM
Livernois Stage 2C cam review...

I got their L99 Camshaft package with their Stage 2C cam, Stainless Work longtube headers, and dyno tune. I already had on a Corsa cat-back and Roto-Fab CAI. The car baselined around 345rwhp and 350rwtq and finished with 439rwhp and 400rwtq.

Needless to say it is awesome! Deleting the DOD/AFM is a must along with the trans tune. It is amazing how strong the car pulls. The only downside with just a cam swap compared to some other mods (like a supercharger) is that you don't get a big (if any...sometimes a little loss) of TQ and HP down low. But along with the tune, you can't even notice. But once it starts climbing above 3000rpms...hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!! It wants to kick loose on the highway!! I can't believe how it just screams when you are WOT or even close to it...I literally feel like the car is going to take off!

An awesome testament to the skills of Livernois Motorsports is the tuning. At light throttle the car drives almost stock. There is some surging with the cam of course and I want it there...it reminds you are driving a beast! The surge is minimal and not a bother at all...it is just a little. Crusing on the highway it is very comfortable. Just a great mix of a beast when you want it to be and very civil when you need it to be.

Of course the sound of the idle with the lope is the best part! It is the perfect sound...it truly sounds like some bad ass old school muscle car. Every light I stopped at someone asked me what the heck is under the hood. It is pretty loud in a good way if you are behind the car at idle as well...it sounds VERY intimidating. The specs of the cam are 224/236, .612/.612 lift, and 117 LSA. I look forward to red lights now.

Most importantly, the guys at Livernois are just awesome. I dealt with Rick and Andy (who are both on the forum) and I can't wait to get some more work done there. I stopped in whenever I wanted, they were patient with me and answered all my questions, they never push you into any decision, and they are just so knowledgeable and professional. A couple of my friends took me over there today to get my car and Andy gave both of them a full tour of the garage/machine shop and all that is going on at Livernois, explaining all the cars there and what is getting done...just great.

Seriously, if you are at all thinking of getting any mods done, talk to these guys. The quality is second to none and the price is an amazing deal compared to other shops. They had my car for just over a week and I know some shops it may only take a couple of days for the same amount of work but nothing is rushed at Livernois...they are perfectionist and it shows. They don't just throw a canned tune on it, they tune it, drive it, tune it, drive it, tune it and get it perfect. I said it before but when your car is at Livernois they really make you feel that your car is the only car there!

It is hard to post a drive review...there is a lot to say. Let me know any specifics some of you are looking for and I will answer them!

I think I may have to take work off tomorrow to get some driving in!
3000 4/21/09
3300 5/14/09

3400 5/23/09
3800 6/3/09
IN MY GARAGE 6/11/09!!!!!!!!

REBORN BY LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS 5/21/2010!
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Dude I'm glad you're happy! I cant wait to get my car back tomorrow from my motor work! :-)
Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Chris,

Thanks again for the kind words! Do you plan on taking it to the track to see what it will do?

I took our stock L99 car to the track last night in the 90 degree heat and there were a few others there running low 14's. I ran several 14.0's and then a 13.9 stock. Dan came to the track with me and we installed a Rotofab and tune and went 13.0. Amazing what those small mods can do. I would love to see what your car would do!

Talk to you soon

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
prostreetbuyer
Account Suspended

Drives: Dragster, 2007 Bentley, 2010 Camaro
I Need Video!
prostreetbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Ace

Rick,

I would love to see what it would do as well...I will have to go one time when you guys are up there and I'll let you give it a shot as well. I've just been trying to drive it as much as I can now. I love it...wish I could drop it off again to you guys for some more mods now! Hopefully next year it will be back for something! I need to stop by and pick up my old parts and I also wanted to grab a CD from you with the pics you took and video if you have one. Thanks!

Prostreetbuyer,

I will try and get some video of it at idle, take off, drive by and all that over the weekend...
3000 4/21/09
3300 5/14/09

3400 5/23/09
3800 6/3/09

Old 05-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
ZYA_LTR

Drives: Waiting to be ordered
Ace,

Where in Michigan are you? I assume in the SE MI area since you were able to stop by the shop. If possible, i would love to meet up sometime in your doings, and listen to/see the car. When i get mine, i definetely have Livernois at the top of my To-Do list, but have yet to hear one of the cam jobs in person. Do you ever hit any of the local car shows? Like Mt. Clemens, or the Wild Woody's(now i think Dooley's) car shows on sunday's.

Thanks, and congrats on the mods...
ZYA_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
danraz98

Drives: My Two Feet
Sounds good need some videos so we can here it. All you need now is some head work and could have about 500whp!
danraz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
Ace

Hope this works...

3000 4/21/09
3300 5/14/09

3400 5/23/09
3800 6/3/09

Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
I'm thinking of getting the Stage 1 cam. Did you have any issues deciding on the cams themselves?
tsears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I got their L99 Camshaft package with their Stage 2C cam, Stainless Work longtube headers, and dyno tune. I already had on a Corsa cat-back and Roto-Fab CAI. The car baselined around 345rwhp and 350rwtq and finished with 439rwhp and 400rwtq.

Needless to say it is awesome! Deleting the DOD/AFM is a must along with the trans tune. It is amazing how strong the car pulls. The only downside with just a cam swap compared to some other mods (like a supercharger) is that you don't get a big (if any...sometimes a little loss) of TQ and HP down low. But along with the tune, you can't even notice. But once it starts climbing above 3000rpms...hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!! It wants to kick loose on the highway!! I can't believe how it just screams when you are WOT or even close to it...I literally feel like the car is going to take off!

An awesome testament to the skills of Livernois Motorsports is the tuning. At light throttle the car drives almost stock. There is some surging with the cam of course and I want it there...it reminds you are driving a beast! The surge is minimal and not a bother at all...it is just a little. Crusing on the highway it is very comfortable. Just a great mix of a beast when you want it to be and very civil when you need it to be.

Of course the sound of the idle with the lope is the best part! It is the perfect sound...it truly sounds like some bad ass old school muscle car. Every light I stopped at someone asked me what the heck is under the hood. It is pretty loud in a good way if you are behind the car at idle as well...it sounds VERY intimidating. The specs of the cam are 224/236, .612/.612 lift, and 117 LSA. I look forward to red lights now.

Most importantly, the guys at Livernois are just awesome. I dealt with Rick and Andy (who are both on the forum) and I can't wait to get some more work done there. I stopped in whenever I wanted, they were patient with me and answered all my questions, they never push you into any decision, and they are just so knowledgeable and professional. A couple of my friends took me over there today to get my car and Andy gave both of them a full tour of the garage/machine shop and all that is going on at Livernois, explaining all the cars there and what is getting done...just great.

Seriously, if you are at all thinking of getting any mods done, talk to these guys. The quality is second to none and the price is an amazing deal compared to other shops. They had my car for just over a week and I know some shops it may only take a couple of days for the same amount of work but nothing is rushed at Livernois...they are perfectionist and it shows. They don't just throw a canned tune on it, they tune it, drive it, tune it, drive it, tune it and get it perfect. I said it before but when your car is at Livernois they really make you feel that your car is the only car there!

It is hard to post a drive review...there is a lot to say. Let me know any specifics some of you are looking for and I will answer them!

I think I may have to take work off tomorrow to get some driving in!
Thanks for the GREAT info on your cam install, it makes my choice easier now!!! And again, hats off to Livernois, they really know what they are doing!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #11
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Congrats on the numbers! It seems like Livernois customers always leave with an awesome ride and a big smile.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Hey Ace - a couple of questions if you're still seeing this thread ... I'm considering the same cam from Livernois, except on my LS3 with similar supporting mods.

I noticed a little low end HP/TQ loss from the dyno graph overlays in the vid. Was it enough of a loss to even notice?

Also - what are your impressions of it now? Still happy?

And... did you ever get a chance do post up some more vids of idle/drive-by/in cabin, etc?

THANKS

If anybody else has this cam feel free to chime in...
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
I am getting this cam and a TC next week to go with my maggie. I will deff have vids up!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I'm having their stage 2B blower cam put in my L99 this week. Anyone know how much rwhp I can expect to gain from that one? (also getting a stall too and I already have a TVS2300).

Ace, after reading your review, I can't wait to get mine back from my shop!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote