Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
EDISKRAD EHT

Drives: Blown Goat
My Experience with Iconz Wheels.

I thought I would post this here as this is where I found out about Iconz Wheels.

Initially I was going to get rid of my GTO and get a new Camaro. I wanted to get some wheels for that and saw some very nice looking wheels on here from Iconz Performance Wheels. So I contacted them on Jan 25, 2010 about some Camaro wheels and figured when I was ready I would go through them.

As things worked out I am keeping my GTO. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, as I've put far too much into it. Since I was now keeping the GTO I figured I'd do something a little more to it. On Feb 23, 2010 I contacted Mitch at Iconz about getting some 3pc forged wheels for my GTO, and he said they could help me with that. Mitch was always very prompt on his replies and I was very impressed with the service.

One condition of me ordering wheels from Iconz though was that I wanted my wheels by May 1, 2010. Every year where I live there is a very large car meet with over 250+ cars that people first bring out for spring. I don't get to make it to many shows/meets but I always set aside time for this one. So I wanted to have my wheels on for then. When I asked Mitch if I could have my wheels by then he replied,

"Yes, I guarantee them to you by the 2nd week of April at the latest!! You will have them before that though.

So are we ready?
"

So I sent Iconz my deposit for 50% of the wheels cost. At this point I was very pleased as Mitch always replied VERY fast and I had a TON of questions since these wheels are pretty well 100% custom (I had to take all my own measurements and send them to Iconz as they have not done a GTO before) and he answered everything with no attitude or not in a condescending way at all.

Fast forward to April 5, 2010. I sent an email stating that I would like to add some tires to the wheel package for when they were ready. Mitch got me a price and I ended up going with some tires through them. They definitely weren't the cheapest, but I figured the reassurance that someone competent was mounting them to my new rims was worth the extra money.

April 7, 2010 I sent an email asking if I'll get a picture of the wheels before they get sent out. Mitch replied,

"Yes you will!!!! The wheels are ready, wheres the check!!! "

I was ecstatic. Now I knew I ordered the tires only a few days before so I was expecting a bit of a wait. On April 16, 2010 I sent Mitch and email asking if he had any good news for me. He replied,

"Today is the day for shipping!!!

Good news? lol
"

So as you can guess I was extremely excited. I asked Mitch if I'd get a tracking # when they shipped and he said that he was headin out to the Camaro5 festival and would make sure somebody would send me that. I never heard anything all weekend. So Monday I ask Mitch what happened and he said there was a delay due to customs as I am in Canada. He assured me they would go out the next day though (which was April 20, 2010).

I never heard anything the next day so I sent this email at 3pm.
"I'm starting to get pretty concerned. My wheels have (supposedly) been ready for 5 days but they are just sitting there. Now I know paperwork hold ups don't take this long as I ship things internationally all the time, so is there something more serious that
I should be informed about
?
"

Mitch's reply,
"No worries Dana, they are shipping today !!!! "

I questioned how late in the day it was and he replied again,

"They are def. shipping today.."

So I don't hear anything back AGAIN. So the next morning I sent an email saying,

"Good morning Mitch,

Being that I never received a tracking # yesterday, does that mean my wheels still haven't went out?"

His reply,

"Hi Dana,

Your wheels DID ship yesterday through Bax Global.

I will get you a tracking number today.

Thanks,
Mitch"

So I wait for a tracking number and I get nothing. So I took it upon myself to call Bax Global and see if they had shipped. Bax Global tells me there is nothing coming to my Postal Code, my name, or my company name. So I sent Mitch an email stating that I was not very pleased at all and would like to know what the hold up is, since I was told the wheels were finished and just waiting to be shipped.

Mitch did send a reply admitting that they screwed up and they were short handed and such, but the most important part of the email was this,

"I will make sure that i personally see your wheels loaded onto the truck tomorrow."

Which would have been Thurs April 22, 2010. Thursday rolls around and I
ask Mitch what is going on and he tells me that he's got the wheels coming to me by Monday the 26th since I stressed to him that I would very much appreciate the wheels before May 1st like I originally set as a requirement.

The day goes by and I get no tracking # again. So Friday I call Bax and they STILL don't have anything coming to me. So I send Mitch an email,

" Hi Mitch,

Who did you use to ship the wheels? Bax Global still has nothing coming to me.

Dana"

So he sent me a "pick up number" which meant the wheels hadn't even been shipped yet. They were supposed to be picked up that day (which is now Friday the 23rd). I ignored that fact because i was just happy that my wheels were FINALLY shipping. So I call Bax and they tell me that the wheels will be to me on the 28th. No big deal, that still gives me time but it's cutting it pretty darn close now.The weekend rolls by very slowly as I'm so damn excited to get my wheels...

Which brings us to today...

I phone Bax to see if everything is on schedule and what do they tell me? They tell me that the pick up number that I had has been canceled. The lady from Bax did some digging and called the local shipping company and they relay the message that a Bax driver showed up on Friday at 3:30 and a fellow named George said the package was not ready. So Bax went by again today and the package was still not ready. So as you can guess I'm beyond angry right now.

During the process of typing out this novel of an experience I have been in touch with Mitch though, and he is claiming that it is Bax that is misinformed and they must have the wrong information. He now assures me that I will still have my wheels this week.

Through this whole thing if I was told that there was going to be a delay from the start I would have been fine with it. All the false promises is what is leaving the bad taste in my mouth. Something definitely is not straight somewhere as I was informed that my wheels had been mounted and balanced on April 16, 2010, and now it is ten days later. I really don't understand how something that is completed can just sit there and not be sent out.

I will say though that up until the period when my wheels were supposedly ready to ship the service was absolutely great. It's been this last 10 days that things just fell apart. Now I know that Mitch could be getting false information as the wheels are shipping from California and he is based out of Florida, but somebody at Iconz needs to get their crap straight.

I was going to delete this whole thing, but I figure since it has made it to this degree I'm still going to post my experience here. The internet is a very handy tool when it comes to getting business and advertising, but it's also a very handy tool for concerned consumers.
EDISKRAD EHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
FRIDAY1313
I AM JASON #1

Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to FRIDAY1313
Hey that was Great I was going to get some custom wheels from them too! I will wait to see how your order goes! Let me know how satisfied you are with the rims and tires Thanks
FRIDAY1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
BLK2SS

Drives: Black 2SS
Yep...I'm still waiting on a refund for the LS7 wheels that aren't going to be made now.
BLK2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i contacted them about some wheels a while back, and they were being way too pushy, asking if i was ready to send in a deposit in every email. and i knew from the start that something like this would end up happening with me just by their tone and how everything just sounded like a bad sales pitch.

after seeing this and the big thing with the LS7 wheels, i know they won't be the company i will be ordering wheels from.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Not covering for Mitch, but it does seem that within the wheel industry as a whole, delays are par for the course. It is very rare that I have a supplier send out wheels early, it seems. I agree, if you were given a special time of delivery consideration in exchange for your order, that should have been fulfilled. Most vendors, like myself, would never accept terms beyond our control.

I prefer to over-quote the manufacturing times of wheels. It is better to be honest and let the customer know that they could be waiting 6-10 weeks, rather than promise an earlier delivery and catch grief later when the wheels run late. If they show up early, that is just an added bonus.

BTW, Mitch cannot respond to this message personally. His account was banned here.

Tony
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
EDISKRAD EHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post

BTW, Mitch cannot respond to this message personally. His account was banned here.

Tony
Oh boy. This just keeps getting better.

This thread wasn't really aimed at getting a reply from Iconz though. It was more so to let potential consumers know what they could be in store for.

I do agree that if these false time lines weren't promised I would not be upset at all. It's the fact that I keep getting my hopes up and keep getting let down every time. Now I don't know if it's dishonesty from Mitch or someone isn't being honest with him. Regardless, when someone says they will personally make sure something is done, I do hold them personally responsible in the end.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIDAY1313 View Post
Hey that was Great I was going to get some custom wheels from them too! I will wait to see how your order goes! Let me know how satisfied you are with the rims and tires Thanks
Check the 350Z forums and some others before you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2SS View Post
Yep...I'm still waiting on a refund for the LS7 wheels that aren't going to be made now.
Seems to be the big knock with reveiws.
good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
i contacted them about some wheels a while back, and they were being way too pushy, asking if i was ready to send in a deposit in every email. and i knew from the start that something like this would end up happening with me just by their tone and how everything just sounded like a bad sales pitch.

after seeing this and the big thing with the LS7 wheels, i know they won't be the company i will be ordering wheels from.

I have been very quiet about my breif experience with Iconz and Mitch. Maybe I shouldn't have been. I'll leave it alone and just say that I wouldn't order from Iconz, ever. Trust me on this.

And guys, just google these companies. You can find info that will help you decide.

I'd hate to have been able to warn someone away from a bad situation and didn't. Like in in this case.

OP, sorry this has happened. Good luck. There is a case on another forum between Mitch and a buyer that, last I checked, was going on for aver 9 months.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Check the 350Z forums and some others before you do.

Seems to be the big knock with reveiws.
good luck with that.

I have been very quiet about my breif experience with Iconz and Mitch. Maybe I shouldn't have been. I'll leave it alone and just say that I wouldn't order from Iconz, ever. Trust me on this.

And guys, just google these companies. You can find info that will help you decide.

I'd hate to have been able to warn someone away from a bad situation and didn't. Like in in this case.

OP, sorry this has happened. Good luck. There is a case on another forum between Mitch and a buyer that, last I checked, was going on for aver 9 months.

I would listen to PQ and his judgement. He does not have an axe to grind, so it must have been pretty significant to post here.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Hope it works out for you. I've not heard of wheels going undelivered, but late deliveries do seem typical. Also, if you are ever shopping for GTO fitments again, I know them. Former twin-turbo GTO owner myself

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontiac/GTO/2006/2814/

Tony
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

on a side note, Iconz does make some nice wheels, but false promises has me looking elsewhere for some wheels.

i will most likely be ordering mine from Nine Ball after i see what kind of funds i have after my wedding next month, and will probably be going with some iForged wheels.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
EDISKRAD EHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Also, if you are ever shopping for GTO fitments again, I know them. Former twin-turbo GTO owner myself

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontiac/GTO/2006/2814/

Tony
I can honestly say at this point in time I wish I would've went through you.

The things I'm hearing in this thread are making me near sick to my stomach.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post

if they cannot get your wheels to you, i would be demanding a refund and find a different brand.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Same delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post

I don't know if going through Nineball would have gotten you the wheels sooner since he still has to get them through ICONZ. I think the issue is that the sales person from ICONZ is not giving realistic delivery times.

When I placed my order I was told delivery time was 3-4 weeks. Well I am in my 5th week and when I spoke to Mitch about it he was very up front in telling me they were behind a bit in production due to more orders for the spring time, which is very possible but it still doesn't get me my wheels when I was HOPING for in 3-4 weeks. The problem is when they give you a time frame we expect that time frame to be reached.

I have been told by a few people on this forum, not to be named, that it is a crap shoot for delivery times when ordering custom wheels. They have to be made to order and its hard to pin point a build time exactly for these types of orders.

So the question is does the sales person tell you the shortest time possible in hopes that this makes the deal rather than telling you it's going to be 4-6 weeks and taking the chance that you try to find someone to get you wheels in a shorter period of time? That is the issue really.

Now if they begin to lie and tell you they have been shipped and they haven't that is completely different and I have not had that issue with ICONZ to this point.

I have also been told by members on this forum that ICONZ makes a very good product and that if "they were me" they would be patient and not try to cancel the order becasue the wheels themselves are worth it.

So tell me Nineball if someone wanted some ICONZ wheels through you, where would you get your delivery time from? Would you also go through one of there sales guys like Mitch or do you have some other arrangement? Just wondering, I've already placed my order so I'm just waiting.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #14
EDISKRAD EHT

Like I said, if I was told before hand that it would take this long I would accept that. It wouldn't be ideal but sh*t happens.

My wheels have supposedly been finished with my tires mounted and balanced on them since April 16th, with the rims being completed on April 7th. So I don't see how or why they can't be sent out. I think the shipping dates aren't the only thing that aren't being relayed with 100% truth. Things just aren't lining up about why it's so difficult to get these "finished" wheels out the door.