Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should GM have done more to separate the '11 synergy from the '10
Yes - they should have changed the name on the color for '11 10 6.17%
Yes - they should have retired the color 69 42.59%
No - it was a limited edition had nothing to do with color 67 41.36%
I have no idea what you are talking about but wanted to respond to a poll anyway 16 9.88%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #15
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
And you could only get the B2E package on the SGM.
Maybe I'm splitting hairs. But the B2E package was the bundle that included the synergy paint color. The paint made it "special".

In the above transformer example the synergy color and the transformer logo are the unique items that make the package special.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Same question to you:
What would your opinion be if GM released a special limited edition yellow camaro in 2010 (along with all the other yellow camaros but with the above mentioned options, yellow stitching, etc..)
They could release a Special Edition Black Camaro too and it wouldn't make much difference to me. Make the stitching black, the seats, the lights, drop a disco ball from the ceiling I could care less. It wouldn't detract from me having a black car, but it would give someone buying the Super Special Limited Edition something unique in that they get little things I don't have. Same applies to Synergy or any other color. Have a Limited Edition that has small extras, but offer the exterior color to anyone for any trim.

I guess I fail to see the issue here. The new Synergy cars aren't the same and wont be. The only similarity is the outside color. Which again, everyone looks at it as green. You could go to an aftermarket paint manufacturer and supply him with a sample and they could make Synergy. But what they're not doing is adding panels, lights, and stitching inside.

Quote:
Maybe I'm splitting hairs. But the B2E package was the bundle that included the synergy paint color. The paint made it "special".

In the above transformer example the synergy color and the transformer logo are the unique items that make the package special.
The options made it special, not the color.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #17
formare
The Milano

I guess we found the real question I should have asked in the poll: what makes the synergy special edition so special? I thought the color did and now that has been taken from me and the other who also thought this.:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
They could release a Special Edition Black Camaro too and it wouldn't make much difference to me. Make the stitching black, the seats, the lights, drop a disco ball from the ceiling I could care less. It wouldn't detract from me having a black car, but it would give someone buying the Super Special Limited Edition something unique in that they get little things I don't have. Same applies to Synergy or any other color. Have a Limited Edition that has small extras, but offer the exterior color to anyone for any trim.

I guess I fail to see the issue here. The new Synergy cars aren't the same and wont be. The only similarity is the outside color. Which again, everyone looks at it as green. You could go to an aftermarket paint manufacturer and supply him with a sample and they could make Synergy. But what they're not doing is adding panels, lights, and stitching inside.

The options made it special, not the color.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
I guess we found the real question I should have asked in the poll: what makes the synergy special edition so special? I thought the color did and now that has been taken from me and the other who also thought this.:(
Don't let some ruin it for you. The car IS unique period. It has it's own identity for a 2010 model. Enjoy, you have a rare car.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
lol, I'm 100% positive the color was limited as well. When they decided to go with the synergy green in 2010, they were not going to make the same color in 2011. Until they dicided to bring it back, for a limited time. lol
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #20
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Quote:

We will have to agree to disagree about what makes it special.

The package including the spoiler, the stripes, the stitching, the auto with remote start, C&C, backup sensors, green door panels with ice, and being a special edition all made the decision of buying a V6 1LT in 2010 vs me waiting and ordering a 2011 SGM SS without all that.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Don't let some ruin it for you. The car IS unique period. It has it's own identity for a 2010 model. Enjoy, you have a rare car.
dude, i thought you were going to say "Enjoy, you have a raro." I swear to it!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree about what makes it special.

The package including the spoiler, the stripes, the stitching, the auto with remote start, C&C, backup sensors, green door panels with ice, and being a special edition all made the decision of buying a V6 1LT in 2010 vs me waiting and ordering a 2011 SGM SS without all that.
Yes, there are other things that made the synergy green "special" or "limited" besides the color, but color was also a factor, until they decided to bring it back.

It's still "special" because of the color. Only you guys will have that color for 2010 and some of 2011 years. 2-5 years down the road, it will seem more special.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #23
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
dude, i thought you were going to say "Enjoy, you have a raro." I swear to it!
Oh god NO,
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #24
ketel0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
lol, I'm 100% positive the color was limited as well. When they decided to go with the synergy green in 2010, they were not going to make the same color in 2011. Until they dicided to bring it back, for a limited time. lol
Q. Is the Synergy Green exterior color available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. Not at this time; however, Chevrolet reserves the right to make the exterior color available if there is enough market demand.

From mid January 2010
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=8804
Old 08-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #25
formare
The Milano

Yeah it's all good - looks like it's about half and half on the poll. Guess there is no clear majority opinion on the subject. Time to let it go..........................
Old 08-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #26
ketel0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Wouldn't make much difference... the DMV would still list it as "GRN" no matter what you call it. Let's face it, that's what it is. The package deal was Limited, not the color.
Progressive Insurance knows it is a special edition, I think they know it is green too.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Q. Is the Synergy Green exterior color available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. Not at this time; however, Chevrolet reserves the right to make the exterior color available if there is enough market demand.

From mid January 2010
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=8804
This tells me that they made this color specific for a limited time. Of course they will leave it open to make more if the demand is high. They will do whatever they can to make money. fact is, they made this synergy green a special edition because of the color. it's their "going green" car...
Old 08-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #28
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
They should have offered it on the V8 in the first place. Don't get cause they corrected their mistake. But like has been said the 2010 is the only one to get the green stitching and the panels on the door wont be offered till later. So it's still special.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote