Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #141
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Kinda doubt that's still true since he recently released his own interior care products.

And he also works on a lot nicer cars with actual leather which is what lexol is for. Not the urethane coated crap we have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
He also used Mother's black to black in one episode on an expensive lamborghini.... kinda made me upset since I know how much that stuff runs and pretty much sucks in all ways.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #142
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
What are you talking about?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Saw him use and name Lexol in a video. I happen to like THAT product also. Guess as he grows the AMMO name will go on everything... seems fitting.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #143
Northeast16SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
AMMO Foam Paint Cleanser

Where are you buying the AMMO Foam Paint cleanser? The AMMO site adds $10 flat shipping for a bottle bringing the price to $28 for 16 oz.

Quote:
Alright, so let's get down to some business here. I had the chance to sneak out and wash my car today so I figured it'd be a great time to try the AMMO Foam Paint Cleanser. I'll try to structure this similarly to my other car soap reviews. Here goes:

Value: 4/5 This is quite expensive per ounce. $18 gets you 16 oz of cleanser. That being said, this stuff goes a long way. The instructions say to use "3 blubs" (no idea how much a blub is) but here's what I used for my first try with it:

Attachment 479260

I could have easily used half that. It's very concentrated. I would assume you could get probably 16 washes or so out of one bottle (1oz per wash), maybe more. So it's not too bad when you think about it. I use probably 2 oz of Optimum usually for a wash, so that's about $0.75 a wash, whereas Ammo will probably be more like $1.10.

Suds: 5/5 This stuff suds like no tomorrow. Easily on par with my favorites, Optimum and Adam's. What sets AMMO above those is that the suds stay for the entire wash. You know how a lot of times you'll get halfway around the car and your wash bucket starts to look a little "flat?" Never happens with this stuff. Very, very nice.

Attachment 479261

Foam: ?/5 Haven't gotten the chance to use this in the foam gun yet, but I would expect it to be pretty solid given the amount of suds that were created in the bucket. I would expect the foam to not cling as well as some others though, because the suds had a tendency to dissipate quickly on the paint.

Lubricity: 5/5 No concerns whatsoever as I dragged my merino wool mitt across the paint. Never caught or stuck, just very smooth and slick.

Rinse: 5/5 As I said before, when the soap sits on the paint for a while (while I was washing the wheels), it kind of looks like it's dissolving into clear water before your eyes. A very light rinse was all that was needed. This is definitely something that sets AMMO above the competition. I was pretty amazed.

Wax Preservation: 5/5 Noticed absolutely no decrease in water beading after rinse.

Verdict: 6/5 Ok here's where a lot of you guys might tell me I'm off my rocker. I'd like to think that by now I'm pretty immune to placebo effect. Heck, you guys have seen me throw brand new products in the garbage because I didn't like them. This stuff is kind of ridiculously good. I mean, not in the same league as other soaps good. Like if Adam's and Optimum had a baby, then made it train every day and fed it car shampoo steroids, it would grow up to be this stuff. The way it makes the paint feel as you're washing it's like you're rubbing lotion on it. The water and the paint just feel "softer," if that makes any sense at all. Another crazy thing is that I've never had such an easy time drying my car as I did after using this soap. I haven't applied a new coat of any LSP in months and the water just fell off the paint- and it's cold out today when towels usually don't work so well. There's got to be something in there that I'm not smart enough to explain. This stuff just behaves differently than anything I've ever used. Even when you're washing and you clean the windows, the soap and water just recoil off of the glass. It's so bizarre.

I don't know, maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid here. If anything changes or my position on this stuff tempers after a few more washes, I'll absolutely come in here and admit I was smoking crack today. But honestly, at this point I'm pretty sold on it unless my paint turns to dust and falls off the car tomorrow. I've got nothing to gain from this, I spent my own money on the product and I've always given honest reviews in the past, this one is just on Speedy Prep Towel level of improvement in my eyes.

The only thing is that it is expensive. I would like to see if Larry might start carrying this in gallon sizes to keep the unit cost down. Even so, it's really not much more on a per-use basis than my current go-to soap. Now, I just have to get rid of this gallon of Optimum I just ordered
Northeast16SS is offline   Reply With Quote