Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #29
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
FYI

Local camaro, built motor, AGP S257 billet turbos, 4l80e, huge convertor, ford 9". 850rwhp on 91 pump gas at 11psi, 1050rwhp through big stall auto on 15psi. Not bad. That is as high as this dyno reads so stopped there. Plan was 20+ psi but ohh well.

That is all through big auto, big stall, ford 9". On a manual setup these numbers would be silly.

Just teasing with turbo goodness.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #30
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNE55 View Post
Ok so here is what it had when I bought it:

Wiseco forged pistons
Callies Compstar H-beam connecting rods
Custom Supercharger cam shaft (227/235&.050"/ .639/.646)
Trick Flow 255 CNC ported cylinder heads (just replaced with LS3 255)
Kooks long tube headers with off road pipes and 3" exhaust
2.8kb sc
Innovators West 8 rib belt system
Super Tensioner
FIC 127lb/hr injectors (just replaced with id2000s)
Squash performance twin pump, return fuel system
Custom flex fuel ECM calibration
Hotchkis lowering springs
Hotchkis rear frame stiffining brace
Hotchkis aluminum sway bar links
Driveshaft Shop aluminum driveshaft
9" ford differential W/DSS axleshafts

This also used a meth kit and ran on 91. Now the meth kit is gone and runs on pump gas or e85. Dyno was done on E85. He has to go back through the books for compression but boost is at 16.
Damn! I just looked back here in this thread (been busy getting my KB done)....and WOW. You have some stout parts in there already. That's a nice set up to do just about whatever you want with. Not only the engine, but you've got the 9" differential and DSS axles. Damn. Nice set up.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #31
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNE55 View Post
Evidently the guy needed a ford f350 to haul his camper and has a substantial amount of cars and money. Im not sure if any of you guys have heard of restore a muscle car? Dave Hall is the owner and he is the previous owner of my car and the guy who biult it.

I didnt list some aesthetic stuff but the car has the multi color oracle angel eyes and 22" forged one off rims ( that I now have to replace for traction reasons).

I paid 10k on top of book value for the car which I thought was decent. It had 6k miles when I got it and now its got 8200ish
You got a great deal on that car with $10k over book. Go and price out those parts and labor on that car. And with only 8k miles?! Congrats bro. Good buy.

You really want to go for 1000hp? Man. You got a killer set up there already. But I understand the needs for more. Caveman instinct in us.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:04 AM   #32
SuperchargedStealth

Drives: '11 Camaro Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
FYI

Local camaro, built motor, AGP S257 billet turbos, 4l80e, huge convertor, ford 9". 850rwhp on 91 pump gas at 11psi, 1050rwhp through big stall auto on 15psi. Not bad. That is as high as this dyno reads so stopped there. Plan was 20+ psi but ohh well.

That is all through big auto, big stall, ford 9". On a manual setup these numbers would be silly.

Just teasing with turbo goodness.
Not funny....I was at 950 on the dyno before we had to stop due to the clutch slipping, which kinda proves your point of auto over manual. Still, it's so much fun to downshift, spool the blower up and take off like a jet. Speaking of jets, it's been a while since I've been on here, and word on JCXRII....whatever the name is and how his F3 build was going? Just curious.
2011 Triple Black SS convertible, LSX 427, PRC 260cc heads, Callies Ultra Billet Rods, Wiseco -20 cc piston, Callies Dragon Slayer crank, Strange Dana 60 rear w/3.73 gear ratio and driveshaft, Pfadt coilovers, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt tie rods, Pfadt subframe bushings, Vortech YSi with wastegate and twin BOV, Haltech ECU, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, ALKY control meth system with dual nozzle, Squash twin fuel pumps, ACS T3 ports, VIS Terminator Hood, Seibon ZL style lip.
SuperchargedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:35 AM   #33
MADNE55

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Dammit unreal thats all I needed this morning was to be teased lol I found out I have a friend in Omaha that is into street racing. Hes got a chevy truck with a turbo so Im going to get a ride from him to hopefully get a good feel of it. Hes definitely a turbo over SC guy.

Thanks cc-rider. I didnt know if I got a decent deal until Inspoke to my speed guy. They were asking 50k for it so its not like I didnt do a little wheeling and dealing. Im pretty sure all the upgrades werent on that list as the meth kit wasnt on it and the upgraded clutch isnt either. The clutch makes kind of a jingling noise when its depressed? I thought it was messed up when I bought it ha

After this last set of upgrades I did the car is night and day different and so much fun to drive. Im so frikin addicted!!! Its crazy how going from 600rwhp to 750rwhp makes that much of a difference.
MADNE55 is offline   Reply With Quote