Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Snowstoppers do look very nice and high quality. Just sucks you have to send your stock markers back.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #16
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I have the Showstopper LED units. I think they look cleaner, and I have yet to see anybody have any failed chips in them either.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
Honestly, I can't speak on the product yet, I just installed them, but I will tell you they are not as simple as "Popping" the old ones out and putting the news ones in. You need to get behind the wheel well and unscrew the cover and then reach up and push it out in the back. The front's you just need to remove the wheel well cover and push it out, but it is not simply popping them out. I put one in and The piece that snaps it into place just decided to break when I put it in not even pulling it out which is when it actually might break. They are a horrible Company when it comes to backing up their products, so I will tell you it's going to be a hit or miss you may not have issues or you will have many and regret it, but If it means anything I would say go with the Showstopper ones they are a little more expensive, but they make use of the OEM piece and do not have the moisture issue. I spent $150+ on these Sidemarkers and I can already tell after one day I will be investing in Showstopper ones in the near future.

I'm very sorry for the trouble you had, but very thankful for the great info.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #18
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks you all. I hope others chime in here. Showstoppers......... Any pics of showstoppers??????
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #19
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i've got showstoppers. they look awesome.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #20
verboten

Drives: Black
Do ACC and Showstoppers both have dual filaments so they blink with the turn signal?
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #21
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
Do ACC and Showstoppers both have dual filaments so they blink with the turn signal?
Our side markers work just as they do from the factory; they are just parking lights. If you would like to wire them up to be blinkers as well we do have the parts available for sale to turn them into blinkers.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #22
yotaman96

Received my side markers today. Initial impression, the paint work is just fair. There is a little bit of trash in the paint. The paint lines around the LEDs aren't completely smooth. Maybe I'm just too picky, but was hoping for better.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #23
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
I think there is a miss understanding here I've had no issue with any promblems that occured with my AAC stuff so I find it hard to belive they are not going to take care of you!!!!!!!
There is no miss understanding at all, here is the reply I received from Jonathan.

"I am sorry to hear that but I will be more than happy to assist you with this. The ones that have condensation in them can be removed, dried out, and you can put a small bead of silicone around the marker to ensure this does not happen again. The one with the blown LEDs can be sent back to us along with the warranty request from found in our FAQ section on our website and we will replace it for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know how I can further assist you. "

Maybe you have no issues with their products because none of yours are defective.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #24
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Received my side markers today. Initial impression, the paint work is just fair. There is a little bit of trash in the paint. The paint lines around the LEDs aren't completely smooth. Maybe I'm just too picky, but was hoping for better.
Depending on the price, you may have every right to expect superb quality.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #25
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
I had issues with mine but im not going to say any more until I hear back from them. I want to see what happens before I make my assumption.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #26
yotaman96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
Depending on the price, you may have every right to expect superb quality.
Almost $300. I'm going to let my wife look at them tonight and get her opinion before I decide whether or not I'm going to install them. Also noticed some of the LEDs aren't straight. I was originally going to purchase from Showstopper, but changed my mind when I saw these for cheaper.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #27
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have LED sidemarkers from showstopperaccessories.com

His paint work is perfect. I have ordered a LOT of stuff from showstopper and everything I have gotten has been very well done.

I think he is running another group buy on the sidemarkers right now too.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #28
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Jonathan is simply offering you a solution other than sending all the pieces to us to complete this task for you. If you prefer to send all of the markers to us and have us do this for you that is not a problem, we would be happy to do so
Since I'll be without one marker for however long it takes to ship and reship I might aswell get the pros to do the job properly.

Thanks.