Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Who else is a seat snob? Good seats are a MUST

Is anyone else like me in wanting a solid, deeply bolstered seat?

This has been my biggest complaint about the Corvette and especially the ZR1. Even the Z06 'sport' seats are still flat and shallow. It's a pretty sad day when you can get a nicer seat in a $30,000 Evo than a $70,000-100,000 Corvette.

Even the new Cobalt SS Turbo and HHR SS have nicer, tighter seats as an option. They're not as nice as the Recaros in the Evo, but they've got to be a good measure cheaper, which is fine by me. They're still very grippy and comfortable.

I understand not everyone wants such a seat or can even fit in one. But I'm really, REALLY hoping that the Camaro has an optional sport seat that's at least on par with the Cobalt and HHR
Gatecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm not a seat-guy perse, however, after riding in my brother's Evo last weekend, I can understand where you're coming from. I agree that I would hope something nice could be an option for those of us that are a bit more "enthusiastic" drivers

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
If it doesn't come with one I would hope they could give us the option of the tighter seat. Even Ford has a good seat in it. I'm talking Ranger here.
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
I really liked the Solstice's seats too.

Actually I just really really liked that car.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
Gatecrasher
User

The thing that worries me is newer seats with side bolster airbags and passenger presence systems. It'd be nice to get the car with a good seat already in it, but if they can't or won't offer such a seat, it could be difficult to replace them with nice aftermarket seats without tripping airbag codes.

The Corvette guys have gotten around it for now by wiring in resistors to the side airbag harnesses, but with the systems getting more and more intelligent, this may not be an option much longer.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
Georgianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
The thing that worries me is newer seats with side bolster airbags and passenger presence systems. It'd be nice to get the car with a good seat already in it, but if they can't or won't offer such a seat, it could be difficult to replace them with nice aftermarket seats without tripping airbag codes.

The Corvette guys have gotten around it for now by wiring in resistors to the side airbag harnesses, but with the systems getting more and more intelligent, this may not be an option much longer.
Wow, something I never even thought of. Now I getting exciting wondering about the interior seat package. Just what I need one more thing to keep me daydreaming about this car!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
As I've said on every other thread, there's always the aftermarket. Recaros are great, but when they get put into every Evo, they aren't as good as the custom ones you could get if you contacted the manufacturer or a local shop. If you spend a few extra dollars to get seats, you could still get them upholstered to match the interior. Sport seats are a great way to reduce weight and add style. Most of them aren't very comfortable, but you have an entire market of options as opposed to the very few to no options that your dealer might give you. Basically, if you want something, keep an open mind when it comes to aftermarket modification.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #8
Georgianne

But if you are concerned with the airbag stuff like Gatecrasher is saying it may be tricky.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
crippled

Drives: MB clk430 02
Seats are actually a really big concern with me too, i mean im going to be driving the car i want to be driving in comfert, and i hope they offer leather seats with perforated holes, i live in florida so it gets hot

also hope they make the seats stiff and tight, never really likes alot of padding in the seats
crippled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #10
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
I loved the seats in the 92 Corvette, they held you in place really well.

But for the love of everything good, NO FABRICS!!! I have a hard enough time keeping mine clean, stupid bakery.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
Gatecrasher
User

Quote:
But for the love of everything good, NO FABRICS!!! I have a hard enough time keeping mine clean, stupid bakery.
See, I'm just the opposite. I slide around in the leather seats in my Stealth. That's why I replaced them with cloth Viper-style buckets taken from an SRT4. My SVT Focus has leather sides, with a cloth center. I stay stuck to that thing like velcro. I just wish the Focus was bolstered a little better.

The HHR SS seats are somewhere in between. They've got leather sides, but with this grippy center material that's sort of like a cross between alcantara suede and something that resembles hockey jersey material.

I want something with high bolsters and some kind of microfiber center section, or the material they're using in the HHR. Color coding it to the exterior and the interior dash panels like the concept cars would just be icing on the cake

Honestly, the seats in the concept look pretty close to what I'd want. The seats in the GTO were really good too. So I'm pretty confident that Holden can do a good seat, as long as they don't get tossed out based on cost.

I'm willing to pay more for a GOOD optional seat. That's way more important to me than some high end audio system with 12 speakers and bluetooth and USB and all that.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
icing on the cake
hey, that's exactly what I get in my seats.

A suede strip sounds good.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm hoping we get some good buckets too. Seriously, I want some padding. Soft enough for some good pillow top comfort, but sturdy enough that it holds me in place around tight corners. I'll have to decide on leather/cloth once I see what's available. I don't limit myself w/out knowing the feel of the material w/out seeing it first.

Oh, and GM, if you are reading this...please, please, please make those seats as low as possible!!! The taller folks would LOVE the extra head room!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
Georgianne

Gatecrasher you are on to something. Nonslip in the middle of the seat-great idea especially for mini skirts! However, sound surround I gotta have, bluetooth I can pass on. Nobody will be able to hear me with the roar anyway so what is the point. USB maybe.