Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Which insurance company should I change to?
Progressive 11 32.35%
USAA 7 20.59%
State Farm 16 47.06%
Keep "Geico" 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Tarheel edition
Angry Week 4: Still on cinder blocks

It's going on the fouth week and still no action from Geico. I checked the car out yesterday and the birds have had a feild day with it, spiders were everywhere, and the performance rotors are rusted. Guess they are taking their time with their so called "INVESTIGATION"!!! What should I do??
Old 08-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I have progressive and they are very quick at fixing my car
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Tarheel edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
I have progressive and they are very quick at fixing my car

cool how are their rates......
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Man I'd get on the phone and throw a fit. I'm not sure of your story, but if someone stole your rims, and you have insurance covering it...I would throw a frigging fit if my car was sitting on blocks for almost a month! Good luck to you.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Man get on the phone with the police have the report in your hand and go into the office and say here is my deductible if you have one and say I have lost driving my car for a month now you own me my car payment and or a rental car until it is resolved!

State Farm has always treated me right and my rates are cheep...with a 250 deductible...
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Go to your Geico agents office thats handling the case. Jack his/her car up and set on blocks. See how fast you get something done then lol. All jokin aside, I would switch to State farm. Lil more expensive maybe but ya dont have to put up with that BS
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Man get on the phone with the police have the report in your hand and go into the office and say here is my deductible if you have one and say I have lost driving my car for a month now you own me my car payment and or a rental car until it is resolved!

State Farm has always treated me right and my rates are cheep...with a 250 deductible...
I wouldn't go into the office angry though. People work in the customer service industry have to deal with getting yelled, screamed, etc at on a daily basis. I've found that if you go in there nice and calm, and explain whats going on (smooth talking them doesn't hurt - but I'd recommend talking to someone of the opposite sex if you're going that route) you will get a much better response than if you go in guns a blazing.

Completely off topic but, - fun fact of the day: You actually catch more flies with vinegar than you do with honey. Your parents lied.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Listen , when you pick an insurance co, make sure you pick one that will replace any parts with original OEM parts and not aftermarket knock offs, I am in the auto body industry in a very large body shop. I am the parts manager and have to order all the parts for wrecks. I can tell you for a fact that the three worst companies to have for this is Progressive, Geiko, and USAA, State farm is not too bad,
The way to look at it is you can pay now for good coverage or you can pay when the car is in a wreck and they want to put junk yard or chinese a/m parts on it that will hold up like crap.
I am constantly calling people before I order their parts to see if they want to cover the price difference for all OEM parts. And believe me when I tell you there is a huge difference in A/M vs OEM parts.
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
djmikehop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/ RS Victory Red
you get what you pay for with insurance they all are like broken slot machines, they take your money and never give anything back. get your states insurance commission's number in hand, contact the main office, forget the agent and be polite but be firm, get a manager involved and get a time farme for the claim to be settled. good luck, after you get the problem fixed, get a real company like state farm, i have been with them over 20 years now and would never switch
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have Geico, and when my car was sideswiped, I had her fixed and back in my garage in a week, looking good as new. No problems at all.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I've been with USAA for over 12 years, but I can tell you I've had some issues with them recently. A teenager in a hopped up 96 mustang ran a red light, and my wife T-boned him, totaling her Honda. Because there were no witnesses (except his father in another truck), USAA wanted to settle it as a shared-fault accident and claim it on my policy. I've seen this happen before, where the 2 companies save money by writing off each claim, then jack your rates because both parties are now at fault. They also tried to low-ball me on the value of my wife's 2-year old Honda. I consulted a lawyer, requested a traffic engineering assessment of the light sequencing, and elevated it through USAA's management. USAA ended up paying almost full replacement cost for a new Honda, all medical cost, and lost work wages. I told them that if my policy goes up one cent, I'll pull my policy on 4 cars, my home insurance policy, my mortgage, and my investment accounts. This is one case where it really did pay to bundle services.

They still haven't grown a pair and gone after his insurance (State Farm). I gave them everything they needed to prove his fault.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
y0diggity
Camaro Overlord

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
State Farm here. I've been with them and the same agent for as long as I've been driving and I've never had anything but good experiences when it's been time for a claim. I've always kept a low deductible and they've always been right there for any issues and I've NEVER waited any real amount of time for money and repairs, except when a couple massive hail storms took out most of the town, but you gotta expect some delays at that point. During those times after those storms, you could drive by a few of the larger hotels here in our town and the parking lots were packed with State Farm vehicles. Great service.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I have Farm Bureau, they are the best when it came to my policy. I don't know if you have them in your state or not. When my Charger was wrecked, it took 3 days to have a resolution for me and they bought me my Camaro with the new car policy replacement.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
CallMeWonder

Drives: Mercedes E350
Why does everyone ignore Allstate, we have it on 3 mercedes and after two collisions they fixed dealt with everything with no hassle...

Tags
camaro, tarheel, unc