Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #225
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
On Sunday, December 15, 2013, my prized 2012 Camaro ZL1 took its last breath at 4:47 pm. The car was at the dealer in Georgetown, DE for paint issues (under warranty). It had been locked in the service bay over the weekend. On Sunday afternoon, an employee of the dealership (service writer) entered the locked building, removed the keys to my car from the service department, and went on a joyride. The car was totaled when he lost control and sheared off a telephone pole.

The dealership informed my wife and I on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. of our loss. Yes, they waited over 16 hours to tell us about our car. I am sure they discussed the incident with their attorneys prior to calling us.

It is now Friday, the car has been officially totaled by the insurance company, and the dealership is telling us it is not their problem. They even refuse to provide my wife and I (and our insurance company) with their insurance information.

I traded in my 2011 SS2 Camaro and sold my 1969 Camaro SS in pristine condition to buy the ZL1. I will never be able to afford another new ZL1, and basically I don't think I should have to be put in the position to have to buy a new one. We trusted the dealership to use vigilance while our car was in their possession. We can't even have charges pressed against their employee for theft because the car was not in OUR possession when stolen.

Something about this whole thing just doesn't seem right. What would you do if this was your baby?
Just don't take their BS seriously , step back and try to read in between the lines , what those scumbags are trying to say
It's like they are telling you that's nothing to do with them , and they know 100% that there is no way out for them but payout
It's a freaking game , so they try to get you to the mud and get you as little as possible

Just ignore their BS , and contact an attorney , GM Customer Relations , etc
And DO NOT TAKE YOUR NEW CAR from those low lives , under no circumstances period

They are trying to play the grinch , turn things around and be just that for them , be that little rock inside their boots that never goes away
Old 12-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #226
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
This is probably the most disturbing thing I have ever read on here. Some people just put me at a loss for words. What a POS. When I had my '68 Camaro, I would never leave the service place. I was so afraid of this exact thing happening. I truly hope you are able to resolve this and get justice for the loss of your sweet ride. Hopefully karma comes and kicks that guy in the butt.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #227
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Wow some people. I'm sorry to hear this. I don't know what I'd do. That's like someone killing a child. I would probably switch into rampage mode. Definitely lawyer up. Someone/anyone would take the case. You are owed a brand new zl1. Even though it won't replace your original baby. Good luck. And take them for all their worth
Old 12-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #228
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
OP, Hopefully some good news will come to this forum in a few weeks, put up a fight to that arrogant dealership owner. And RECORD Everything for your lawyer, once again.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #229
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Just don't take their BS seriously , step back and try to read in between the lines , what those scumbags are trying to say
It's like they are telling you that's nothing to do with them , and they know 100% that there is no way out for them but payout
It's a freaking game , so they try to get you to the mud and get you as little as possible

Just ignore their BS , and contact an attorney , GM Customer Relations , etc
And DO NOT TAKE YOUR NEW CAR from those low lives , under no circumstances period

They are trying to play the grinch , turn things around and be just that for them , be that little rock inside their boots that never goes away

^^^^ THIS!

Can't imagine what you are going through with this and I'm sure you realize we are all behind you. But, as already stated don't give the dealership anything they can use against you. Like, that you have damaged their name while they were trying to figure it all out. We all realize they are trying to screw you over but don't let them. You know that in the end you can mount a campaign to spread your experience over the internet.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Old 12-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #230
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
make sure if you get an attorney you get compensated for attorney fees, emotional suffering, time lost in dealing with this, etc. really stick it up their a$$
Old 12-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #231
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
make a thread titled with their dealer name and everything like Nutro did about his engine, that got handled pretty quickly.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #232
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
You know what i'd like to see one of the GM Chevrolet reps that stalk these boards like hawks get involved. I know they say they'll help look into it and maybe on a rare occassion they do although the posts they use seem alot like default bot posts to me sometimes. I think some pressure from GM is needed here because everything about the response from the cop to the dealer and owner stinks to high heaven and if it's really a small town you need to lawyer up from out of town.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 12-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #233
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
If you're not getting anywhere with the local-yocal cops,I would try the State Police and the State Attorney General's office.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #234
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
In case you missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
If you're not getting anywhere with the local-yocal cops,I would try the State Police and the State Attorney General's office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
1. When cop arrived, only driver was in the car. Driver/thief/service writer swore to the cop that he was my best friend and I had let him take the car. Cop never questioned this statement, nor did he call to find out if it was true. Note, this is the same cop who shot an unarmed man in his 83 year-old mother's living room 8 times, including the last shot to the groin. All true. Happened August 1, 2013. Read the Cape Gazette, Delaware news.

2. Dealer became involved after the accident when the driver/thief/service writer called his service manager. Service manager was on a plane on the way to Atlanta for a conference. Service manager called dealer owner. Dealer owner did not contact us until the following morning--after he called his attorney, etc.

3. The state police told us on Monday morning that WE could not press charges--only the dealer could--because the car was not in our possession at the time of the theft. The dealer could press charges for "unauthorized use" not theft. To my knowledge, no charges have been pressed.

4. The cop involved was off duty from Sunday night until 6pm on Wednesday. I met with him then, and he told me what happened regarding the accident. He indicated he had not completed his investigation and it would not be completed until he was back on duty, which would be on Friday. Wow, cops must have banker's hours.

5. Our insurance company (GEICO) is treating this as a theft. However, the owner of the dealership refuses to give his insurance information to GEICO. GEICO has informed us that they will attempt to get damages from the dealer but this will all take time.

6. We live in a small town, and we have only lived there 9 years. To most folks born there, we are still outsiders. The good-old-boy network is apparently in place. The cops all stick together, and considering the dealership is practically next door to the state trooper barracks, I guess they are all sticking together. We plan to file a complaint against the trooper who has so obviously mishandled this situation, but I don't know how far it will get. Especially since his shooting an unarmed man 8 times didn't get very far.

Anything is possible, and unfortunately it is true in this situation.
John

Old 12-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #235
Sly

Drives: 2010 & 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS & 2SS/RS
Alright, so... I had a guy pull out in front of me a 4 months ago. For those of you telling him to purchase GAP insurance, it won't help all that much. I had GAP insurance on my car. The dealer wrote down $1,500 as a rebate on the sale sheet, even though I got more off the car than that. Then insurance deducted this amount from the amount they paid for the car. Luckily I have had a lawyer since the day after the accident and haven't had to deal with any bullshit. Just know that GAP insurance is NOT guaranteed to cover the entire difference that is left when the car is paid off. I've still got almost $1,000 left on a car that has been claimed totalled for months now. Luckily I was able to get my bank to keep it from accruing interest while the settlement is going on, and cancel the payments on it.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #236
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Contact GM.

Let them know that you will tell EVERYONE you know and write on EVERY car board out there about this experience with THEIR DEALER.

Completely unacceptable and in contacting a lawyer I'd see what your options are for suing the idiot who STOLE your car personally.

And as for the person who looked into it and suggested that the dealer was being reasonable - I call troll.

On what planet does offering a used car that was treated god knows how badly, an ok replacement for a car I babied?

Absolutely the dealers fault. New car the only fix that is appropriate and he should deal with the insurance company not the owner.

What absolute nonsense. Good to see the social media storm has begun . . . . . too bad this guy is going to learn the hard way that doing the right thing is good for business and a lot cheaper.

Last edited by Highland Ranger; 12-22-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #237
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Have you hired a lawyer yet, I would have cut off communication with the dealership by now. I assure you they've lawyered up by this point
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #238
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandywine5 View Post
That is a problem. The dealer can not give him exactly what he previously owned because what he previously owned is exactly destroyed. It's impossible. OP sold his prized 69. That tells me how much this ZL1 meant to him. To tho OP, get the car you want at the very least. We all know damn good and well that if we steal a used coffee machine from the dealership that they would hammer the living day lights out of us. Hammer back my friend.
He's owed a same optioned, same condition, same mileage or lower zl1. Or the cost of replacement.

The circumstances and back story of this incident are disturbing, but that doesn't change what he is owed.

Just as if it was an accident caused my someone else, he's owned a replacement or payment.

If you go wreck a 2011 car, no insurance company is replacing it with a 2014

And what he traded in for this car is irrelevant.

I wish OP best of luck but personally I would be handling it a lot differently.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1