Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #323
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Fbodfather, any chance you guys will fix the convertible tops next?
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #324
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
What I don't understand is how people who hated the tail lights and then said "saw them in person" and now suddenly they are ok? I say if you see them in print and they are ugly then they are ugly in real life too.
Also, ANYTHING you have to get used to, you never liked in the first place. There is something to be said by first impressions. I just hope this whole "euro look" is not the direction that the next gen is heading or Camaro is in trouble.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #325
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Just think the 2010 almost looked like this...
...and, instead, Acura adopted the grille...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #326
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Inspired is not exactly like....3 sections with reverse light in the middle...
How about these then?
I just feel the only cue they took was the centralized backup light within the middle of the assembly. Other than that its mostly its own out of place design. They could have easily cupped the sides like was posted in a photoshop a few pages back and fixed the whole issue but whatever, it is what it is. Not quite a prelude however. Its more like a giant cross generation mashup. And to me, it looks kinda tacky. Purely due to the way it wraps around the side.
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #327
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
What I don't understand is how people who hated the tail lights and then said "saw them in person" and now suddenly they are ok? I say if you see them in print and they are ugly then they are ugly in real life too.
Also, ANYTHING you have to get used to, you never liked in the first place. There is something to be said by first impressions. I just hope this whole "euro look" is not the direction that the next gen is heading or Camaro is in trouble.
You do realize the 1970 1/2 Camaro was praised for its European styling...

So once you make up your mind about something you have just seen pictures of you have never changed it when you got up close and saw the details lost in a 2 dimensional picture? Heck I have seen cars I liked in pictures but hated when I saw the real thing...
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #328

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
A-Bird...a pic of '67 Impala t-lites would be cool...I see those in the '14...lol...I like 'em...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #329
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
A-Bird...a pic of '67 Impala t-lites would be cool...I see those in the '14...lol...I like 'em...
Like this?
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #330

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yuup...lol....Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...What makes something a work of art? You look at it, and can't help but look again...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #331
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
You do realize the 1970 1/2 Camaro was praised for its European styling...

So once you make up your mind about something you have just seen pictures of you have never changed it when you got up close and saw the details lost in a 2 dimensional picture? Heck I have seen cars I liked in pictures but hated when I saw the real thing...
Let me ask you a question, since it seems you are defending these lights tooth and nail. Can you honestly say you like them better than out tail lights, or are you settling for them because there's nothing else you can do?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #332
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Let me ask you a question, since it seems you are defending these lights tooth and nail. Can you honestly say you like them better than out tail lights, or are you settling for them because there's nothing else you can do?
I have posted before that I understand what they were trying to accomplish with the change in tail light design, I can see the 69 influence in the non RS lights, but to say I like or dislike them more than what my car has I cannot say... I like them in the pictures I have seen but also to qualify it I like the standard lights and could do without the LEDs. I am not judging them against what we have now, I am judging them on their own merits. They are different and should be judged differently. If that makes any sense... Maybe when I see them both in real life 3D, I could change my opinion... I have before... In fact when I first saw the 2006 concept I thought the rear was too plain, not enough character...but by the time I saw the production version I liked it...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-01-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #333
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Man did you go back for me.....
The IROC Z vs the 5.0 during the 80's......

Before that my daddy's Z/28 strictly monster for the track......
He had a MEAN Firebird as well with the blower......

Now it's my dilemma how to I do this....... Hmmmmmmm?

I kind of like having the paddles of the SS but it would be nice to have the fastest paddles which would be the ZL1......

However, this is a GREAT car so I could pay it off and just get a Z/28 for the weekend..... I could nickname it Micheal the Avenging Angel......

At least I have a year to get it done.....
Old 04-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #334
SilverSurfer21

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Well said! Anyone can get used to something if they don't have any other choices. Like cold showers if there is no hot water. The alternative is to be filthy and not take a shower at all. Get used to it! Ha ha. That Angry Bird is a trip! He spends his whole life on the computer and gets upset if someone don't agree with him.

Thanks for your comments!
SilverSurfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #335
SilverSurfer21

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
[QUOTE=Angrybird 12;6369006]You do realize the 1970 1/2 Camaro was praised for its European styling...

NOT! maybe in your little bird world! We didn't get to Euro styling until the mid 80's when we were bombarded with cheap imports. GM's designers decided to join them rather than try to keep our original American designs. They thought that is what people wanted. It ruined the look of most American cars for a long time. I know...I was there dude.
SilverSurfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #336
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer21 View Post
Well said! Anyone can get used to something if they don't have any other choices. Like cold showers if there is no hot water. The alternative is to be filthy and not take a shower at all. Get used to it! Ha ha. That Angry Bird is a trip! He spends his whole life on the computer and gets upset if someone don't agree with him.

Thanks for your comments!
You haven't seen me upset.....