Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #225
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I wouldn't be too concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Just out of curiosity....

Why can't the reverse lights be put in the space between the taillights? ....

Just an idea.
You shouldn't be concerned. Transformers has a "bumblebee" camaro, that is a rolling (General motors) advertisement of what the top dog Camaro should look like. The movie shows over and over what the front and back look like. If that is not the car they build, plenty of people are going to walk away. (I can vouch for this.)

The bumper everyone keeps seeing is very probably not a V8 bumper. That's why they don't mind everyone taking pictures. Just like the front (extremely perfectly designed) headlight grill from the Concept has not shown up in spy pics. Clearly that grill is already designed and ready to go. they don't have to show everyone the top dog car yet. The top dog camaro should/will be a show-stopper (as with any top-of-line sports car). My advice is just be patient. They clearly have to have a way to keep a V6 and V8 from looking too much alike. the problem is totally solved with that back bumper and front grill with bug-eyes for headlights. You are right to be concerned after you have constantly been shown (concept cars with) beautiful well designed front and rear bumpers. That was the selling point for the car. If they don't release that, well we all know what might happen. Adios
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #226
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg View Post
Thanks for posting a picture of the concept back end. It's beautiful!

OK, now look at the back end of the concept and tell me, do you really think the preproduction looks better? No possible way!

I don't get camero's reasons for changing the bumper. The Audi TT and Corvette both have flush rear ends. The concept Camaro does and it looks awesome.

I still can't believe they messed it up like that.

The brake lights could have been put any where but where they are in the preproduction. As camero said, it's was a screw up. So much for praising GM who admits they screwed up on something as basic as backup lights.

I would have considered buying the concept Camaro, but for them to have messed it up like this makes me change my mind.

I am still going to wait and see what the final production vehicle looks like, but as of right now I'm so disappointed in GM for changing the back.

Well, I for one, won't say that the back end is screwed up. Sure, I prefer the back bumper of the concept, but the preproduction one we're seeing now doesn't look bad at all. I don't really care for the reverse lights...they kind of seem like an afterthought (evidently they might have been), I was just thinking that maybe they could still be moved if someone came up with a better idea (I like the idea of them being in the center of the inside taillamp myself, but....). If it's "set in stone", so be it. I don't think it really changes the look that much.

Personally, I think if someone is down to the placement of the reverse lamps or the gas filler door as the reason to purchase or not purchase....well, they weren't really (seriously) looking to buy this car anyway. Even if they tell you they were buying one, when it came time to do so, they wouldn't have bought one. Those are very minscule details (yes I would rather see reverse lights done differently and the gas filler door on the correct side of the car, but they don't really affect the look of it enough to matter).

I like what I'm seeing here and all the other spy shots....both inside and out are looking real good and I can't wait to roll mine off the dealer lot to go looking for Mustangs and Challengers.

(Oh yeah, I forgot....I don't deserve any credit for that picture...it was posted earlier in the thread by someone else. Thank them.)
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #227
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Though I agree with your differentiation mentality between the V8 and 6...I don't think they'll go so far as to change the entire rear-fender.

And I doubt THAT many people would walk away from a car this beautiful just because of an extra crease in the rear fender...that's ludicrous.

I also have a little itty-bitty confession to make. I, who have spend many an hour photoshopping this car, which means I pretty much have every-little detail burned into my head. Anyways, I didn't notice the difference on the rear-fender when those pics first came out. Honest-to-God - I had no idea until somebody mentioned it, and I was like, WTF is he talking about?

So, in closing, being that the movie will have been 1.5-2 years old by then, and most folks who saw it don't have every little detail burned into their heads. I don't think little changes here and there are going to turn off many people at all. Just those who patrol these boards, and have very set-in-stone ideas of what they think the car should look like. GM can't cater to everyone...sorry.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #228
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
someone asked why the backup lights aren't on either end of the license plate...and the reason is that we are going to be exporting the Camaro to several countries -- and many of those countries -- esp. Europe - have longer license plates -- meaning that they'd cover the backup lights.

As 'Camero', I believe, pointed out -- we do NOT sit in our offices trying to come up with ways to change this car -- we do NOT want to make changes to 'water' down this design.........there are very solid reasons for every change you will see on this car.

......and by the way -- there are a lot of 'cool' things that you haven't seen yet! (some not even in the concept!)
Gotta love this guy with his ability to keep me on the edge of my seat for another year!!!
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #229
sbg

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Though I agree with your differentiation mentality between the V8 and 6...I don't think they'll go so far as to change the entire rear-fender.

And I doubt THAT many people would walk away from a car this beautiful just because of an extra crease in the rear fender...that's ludicrous.

I also have a little itty-bitty confession to make. I, who have spend many an hour photoshopping this car, which means I pretty much have every-little detail burned into my head. Anyways, I didn't notice the difference on the rear-fender when those pics first came out. Honest-to-God - I had no idea until somebody mentioned it, and I was like, WTF is he talking about?

So, in closing, being that the movie will have been 1.5-2 years old by then, and most folks who saw it don't have every little detail burned into their heads. I don't think little changes here and there are going to turn off many people at all. Just those who patrol these boards, and have very set-in-stone ideas of what they think the car should look like. GM can't cater to everyone...sorry.

If you didn't notice the rear end, although many others have, then it proves to me that you will love this car no matter what. They say love is blind.

How is devotion like than any different than devotion to a losing baseball team? Point being, a losing baseball team still sucks even though you are devoted to it.

My point being that there are many of you on this board that like the Camaro no matter what GM messes with. My question is why the devotion to this car?

I love Mustangs and have owned a classic one and currently own a 1991 5.0. That didn't keep me from being upset at the changes Ford made from their concept to the production. They too messed with some things that made me not want to get the car. I didn't.

In closing, I will allow the evidence to dictate my actions whereas you will be devoted to this car even if they transformed it into a Gremlin. I bet you don't even know why you've got such devotion. Something worth thinking about.

What all this means is that your presence on this board only serves to "root for your team". I find that boring. I prefer those who like to engage in sincere dialogue about the changes being made to the car.
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #230
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
If you didn't notice the rear end, although many others have, then it proves to me that you will love this car no matter what. They say love is blind.

How is devotion like than any different than devotion to a losing baseball team? Point being, a losing baseball team still sucks even though you are devoted to it.

My point being that there are many of you on this board that like the Camaro no matter what GM messes with. My question is why the devotion to this car?

I love Mustangs and have owned a classic one and currently own a 1991 5.0. That didn't keep me from being upset at the changes Ford made from their concept to the production. They too messed with some things that made me not want to get the car. I didn't.

In closing, I will allow the evidence to dictate my actions whereas you will be devoted to this car even if they transformed it into a Gremlin. I bet you don't even know why you've got such devotion. Something worth thinking about.

What all this means is that your presence on this board only serves to "root for your team". I find that boring. I prefer those who like to engage in sincere dialogue about the changes being made to the car.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #231
Limeyness

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35
Quote:

I noticed the rear end change and have no issue with it, does that make me blind?

I have never owned a Camaro before or even a chevy, so i can honestly say i am not devoted blindly to the company or the car.

If you think the change is big enough for you not to buy the car, that is totally your right, and if i hated it i would not buy it either, but because it is a deal breaker for you does not mean it is for anyone else.

And honestly looking at the name of the site, what do you think most are going to do, walk away over a minor change to the bumper? Your definition of sincere dialogue seems to be, tell people you don't like it and that they suck if they do.
Limeyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #232
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Sorry sbg, but I keep going back and forth between the concept pics and the new pics and I just don't see what the problem is? They extended the back bumper out slightly, so? The taillights? I don't see a major change between the two. The backup lights? Yeah, granted not really happy 'bout that, but far from a deal breaker. The mirrors? You seriously didn't think the concepts were gonna make it did you? Like I say, I just dont get what the problem is that you seem to be see that the rest of us are missing.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #233
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:

Dude we get it you're mad and you have a hold on what devotion and love is.... eye of the beholder. Example, I adore Jessica Simpson visually, many of my friends don't. They can tell me a million things wrong with her but those are things that I might like about her. What's to say they are wrong or that I am wrong? No one. To each their own, everyone has a right to rant and let out some steam but let's not go pushing your thumb down on the rest of us that don't think the changes are as earth-shattering as you feel they are. Don't buy the Camaro but once it's out, I'll make sure to hit the gas as I drive by you.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #234
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I think what sbg's trying to get at is that when the concept came out, there was a connection made. That connection was broken when obvious changes were made to the original design. He is right though, some folks seem oblivious to any changes made. Maybe they aren't enough to matter to some but they do to others.
I myself am waiting to see the final production model before I cheer or jeer what the designers have done. I totally love the concept model, some changes are inevitable but others I don't get and kinda ruin it for me. Either way, even if I friggin' hate what the final car looks like, one thing's for sure-- it's going to be a force to contend with on the streets.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #235
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Ok I have one small question, and if it's been asked before then this can be disregarded. Does anyone have any idea if the vents at the bottom of the front bumper will be there at all? They really arent that big of a deal for me, i was just wondering, because non of the pics show that area. Could either fbodfather or camero shed some light on this.... if this info can be reveiled?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #236
sbg

Drives: Mustang
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
I think what sbg's trying to get at is that when the concept came out, there was a connection made. That connection was broken when obvious changes were made to the original design. He is right though, some folks seem oblivious to any changes made. Maybe they aren't enough to matter to some but they do to others.
I myself am waiting to see the final production model before I cheer or jeer what the designers have done. I totally love the concept model, some changes are inevitable but others I don't get and kinda ruin it for me. Either way, even if I friggin' hate what the final car looks like, one thing's for sure-- it's going to be a force to contend with on the streets.

See, there are a few reasonable folks around here. By reasonable I mean those who actually look at details on the car and judge whether we like them or not. I know that the judement is subjective, but we at least can point to some objective thing that we don't like.

Do you all see how that's different than the others who have a devotion irrespective of how this car looks or what changes are made.

Most of you simply "feel' something about this car. That feeling will make you act...you'll buy the car no matter what. Others like myself and Eisenhower don't only "feel', but we also factor in evidence (details and features).

That's why me, as a long time Ford lover, could attend the LA Auto Show and be in awe as I saw the orange convertible Camaro spinning on the platform.

I allowed the details and evidence to form my opinion...and look how much better that is. That means I can love Fords and non-Fords like the Camaro.

That's what I'm most upset about, not the changes to the car but the refusal by most of you to admit that there are even changes. I just don't get why you'd be so prejudice like that.

Last edited by sbg; 02-04-2008 at 05:45 PM.
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #237
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Drives: 86 95 69 camaros 09 challenger
rocketman12...~ teehehe nice
Old 02-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #238
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Quote:

Basically what you say is if you don't like a car don't buy. K we all get that but yesterday when the pats lost the superbowl, i didn't stop liking them they're still my team thru and thru. as for chevy the same goes. To me your calling yourself a bandwaggoner, and no one likes a bandwaggoner, so tell us how much you hate the changes and most of us here will listen to what you have to say but just remember the website isnt called Camaro Haters!