Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Will you be able to attend the Charity Car Show?
Yes! Count me in. 17 44.74%
No. Unfortunately I won't be able to. 12 31.58%
Maybe. I will try to make it. 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Charity Car Show in San Diego 8-8-10

Hey guys and girls. VCHULA brought this Event to my attention and I think it would be cool to make it and help some people out. Here is some information about this event:

" http://www.cocsd.com/UpcomingEvents.html

The above is a link to the Main Street America Car Show hosted by the Corvette Owner's Club of San Diego. Show date is Sunday, August 8, 2010.

It is held at Embarcadero Park North (Seaport Village), probably the finest spot for a car show in San Diego.

Usually, there are anywhere between 250-400 cars there each year.

The show trophy format is "Peoples Choice" - in each class. They even let walk-in spectators vote.

They accept Club entries and award a prize for the largest group to show.
Or, you can enter individually in Class I - 1976-2010 Pony Cars.

They will not accept "day of show" registration. Everyone that is interested will have to preregister by mail.

I think that this would be a great event for the Camaro5 So Cal Family to attend, since the Camaro is under-represented in Class I - which is always won by Mustangs!

Regards,
Vance "

I'm in!! Anyone want to Caravan? Thanks Vance!!

-Guillermo

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Here is the "official" email I received for the show:

Dear car enthusiast,

On Sunday, August 8, the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego will be hosting the “Main Street America” People's Choice Charity Car Show at Embarcadero Park North, near Seaport Village. As a past participant, I want to thank you for helping us raise funds for a wonderful local organization, the San Diego Center for the Blind. All net proceeds from this year’s show will once again benefit the Center.

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED! We will not accept day-of-show registrations. Your registration must be postmarked no later than Saturday, July 31st. Once you have registered, you are guaranteed a reserved parking space as long as you arrive at the show site by 9:00 am. Please note that on the registration form you may choose to be parked with the other vehicles in your class, OR with your club, OR with another registered participant. Please place a check next to your choice or give me the name of your registered friend. Please make only one choice. I will make an attempt to place all vehicles from one club together within a class, but we will guarantee only the one selection you make. If you wish to be parked with your club or with a friend, you do not have to send your registrations in together.

This is a true "people's choice" show. All registrants and their guests will receive a ballot. We also will hand out 300 ballots to spectators. We will accept only one marked ballot per person. We will present two trophies in each class, plus sponsor awards, a club participation award and a best-of-show award.

Members of the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego will not be competing for the show awards.

As always, we will be holding a huge raffle during the show, with prizes worth thousands of dollars.

For additional event information, or if you would like additional flyers, or would like me or one of my compatriots to give a (very) short presentation to your club or group, please contact me at your convenience. Thanks again!

Craig Moya, Corvette Owners Club of San Diego
619-723-2020 cjm63sw@cox.net
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
tribone
Searchin' ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VChula View Post
Here is the "official" email I received for the show:

Dear car enthusiast,

On Sunday, August 8, the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego will be hosting the “Main Street America” People's Choice Charity Car Show at Embarcadero Park North, near Seaport Village. As a past participant, I want to thank you for helping us raise funds for a wonderful local organization, the San Diego Center for the Blind. All net proceeds from this year’s show will once again benefit the Center.

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED! We will not accept day-of-show registrations. Your registration must be postmarked no later than Saturday, July 31st. Once you have registered, you are guaranteed a reserved parking space as long as you arrive at the show site by 9:00 am. Please note that on the registration form you may choose to be parked with the other vehicles in your class, OR with your club, OR with another registered participant. Please place a check next to your choice or give me the name of your registered friend. Please make only one choice. I will make an attempt to place all vehicles from one club together within a class, but we will guarantee only the one selection you make. If you wish to be parked with your club or with a friend, you do not have to send your registrations in together.

This is a true "people's choice" show. All registrants and their guests will receive a ballot. We also will hand out 300 ballots to spectators. We will accept only one marked ballot per person. We will present two trophies in each class, plus sponsor awards, a club participation award and a best-of-show award.

Members of the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego will not be competing for the show awards.

As always, we will be holding a huge raffle during the show, with prizes worth thousands of dollars.

For additional event information, or if you would like additional flyers, or would like me or one of my compatriots to give a (very) short presentation to your club or group, please contact me at your convenience. Thanks again!

Craig Moya, Corvette Owners Club of San Diego
619-723-2020 cjm63sw@cox.net
Thanks Vance!!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Im in, Seaport Village is SUCH a great spot for a show. Thanks for posting this one up.

I think we should caravan it.

EDIT:

Obviously we will do the parking by club right? If thats the case, will we be registering as SoCal Camaro 5 Family like the Curves are for Cars show?

Last edited by SDCamaro10; 07-05-2010 at 10:09 PM.
SDCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
SDCAMARO is setting up a location for all of us to meet prior to the show, so far there are three from San Diego that are going. We need to confirm how many so we don't get locked out. There will be a lot of corvette's. My registration is going in tomorrow. I went last year, great show, great location and for a great cause.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
It would be cool to go, but my Camaro is practically stock. Is it a good idea to attend with a stock Camaro?
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
tribone
Searchin' ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
It would be cool to go, but my Camaro is practically stock. Is it a good idea to attend with a stock Camaro?
Yes! All Camaros are welcomed. We don't discriminate. The more, the better!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
SDCamaro10

From what I hear, It doesnt really matter if we go by club or class, if we go by class, we'll all be with eachother anyway, plus a few other types of cars. if we go by club, we may be parked away from all the action. What do you guys want to do? Club, or Class? Im going to send in my registration here very soon, and would just like to get a census of what everyone wants to do.

Also, I think a good place to meet would be here at the Burgerking on 28th street. Its right off I-5, and we could attempt harbor drive down to SeaPort, or we could take the highway and get off at 6th?
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
SDCamaro10

Quote:

Mines practically stock too, so no worries. Come join us!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
SDCamaro10

Sending registration in tomorrow morning, registering under SoCal Camaro5 Family.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
El Torito's !!!! lol....
Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
El Torito's !!!! lol....

Nough Said!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Well if im not the only stock guy there, i guess i should be able to make it. what hours are we expected to be there?
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #14
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Well if im not the only stock guy there, i guess i should be able to make it. what hours are we expected to be there?
Doesn't matter that your car is stock.

The class we are entering [Class I] is for stock and modified 1976-2010 Pony Cars [Camaros, Firebirds & Mustangs].
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote