Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #29
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Can we please stop saying "grain of salt". Lets start saying something else like... idk just think of something. I was gonna try and think of something funny to say but, eh?

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
Can we please stop saying "grain of salt". Lets start saying something else like... idk just think of something. I was gonna try and think of something funny to say but, eh?
How about a sprig of thyme, or a clove of garlic, or a scoop of ice cream...or...what's wrong with a grain of salt?
Old 08-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #31
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Yeah. who knows your place on the list doesn't say "base model V8 number 9" they may get 20 V6's hey man this is the car your on the list for!!!!

I wouldn't put my name on a list mainly because I will order exactly what I want.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #32
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Yep, my closest dealer has been accepting deposits for a few months, all I was told there was put down a deposit and get on the list, they had no info, not even a brochure of any kind (gee, I got a brochure from Chevy prior to my visit), they knew less about the new Camaro than I did. When they can start giving me relevant info I may consider putting down a deposit, but since I want a Z/28 if it's available, I may have to wait a while anyway.
Clyde

Well, it's not important, imo, if they have a lot of Camaro info.

What matters is that your name is at the top of a list to order it when it IS available.

What difference does their lack of info make? They'll get the info, and you'll get it very shortly after.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #33
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
Yeah. who knows your place on the list doesn't say "base model V8 number 9" they may get 20 V6's hey man this is the car your on the list for!!!!

I wouldn't put my name on a list mainly because I will order exactly what I want.
I'm assuming this was directed at my comment. So I'll reply.

A place on the list at my local dealership ensures you get to order the car to your specifications.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham

Then why get put on the list? Does it hold your place so your guaranteed to get one of the 100 - 150,000 Camaros?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #35
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Well, it's not important, imo, if they have a lot of Camaro info.

What matters is that your name is at the top of a list to order it when it IS available.

What difference does their lack of info make? They'll get the info, and you'll get it very shortly after.
What's the point of being at the top of a list to order one? What, do you think that they will only order one a day? I can tell you when I worked at a dealership years ago they'd take as many orders as they could get. The only good I see for a list is if you want first choice of what comes in as part of the dealer's regular stock, an order is an order, and they'll take those all day long if you have cash in your hand.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #36
Mr. Wyndham

BTW, EllwynX, I wasn't attacking on you or anything, it was actually a real question/joke...
Old 08-12-2007, 02:07 AM   #37
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
What's the point of being at the top of a list to order one? What, do you think that they will only order one a day? I can tell you when I worked at a dealership years ago they'd take as many orders as they could get. The only good I see for a list is if you want first choice of what comes in as part of the dealer's regular stock, an order is an order, and they'll take those all day long if you have cash in your hand.
Clyde
Actually with new vehicles and top end models dealers are only allotted so many of a certain model. Its done to keep price and demand high.. I know for a fact that vette orders are restricted and that the solstice orders for the first 6 months where as well.. No reason to not think that V8 models of the camaro might be restricted in the beginning of production.

Now if you wanted a specific color/option combo for a V6 that order will probably be simple to fill as the V6 will probably comprise 60-70% of the camaros built.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #38
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Actually with new vehicles and top end models dealers are only allotted so many of a certain model. Its done to keep price and demand high.. I know for a fact that vette orders are restricted and that the solstice orders for the first 6 months where as well.. No reason to not think that V8 models of the camaro might be restricted in the beginning of production.

Now if you wanted a specific color/option combo for a V6 that order will probably be simple to fill as the V6 will probably comprise 60-70% of the camaros built.
I can see where orders may be somewhat restricted and take longer to fill when the assembly line is trying to get dealer stock levels up, I can't see them restricting them out of hand to keep prices up, auto manufacturers want sales to go up, not down. GM has committed to increasing their market share, I still think if you have cash in hand the order will be filled somehow.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #39
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm assuming this was directed at my comment. So I'll reply.

A place on the list at my local dealership ensures you get to order the car to your specifications.
Yes it was not specifically at you but about your post. I've never heard of that before. reserving a place to order. Have they said anything about pricing? (MSRP or below) just curious. We are a pretty small area and i know the dealer fairly well I'm sure they will do their best to get me what i want. I just think it's a little crazy for the dealership to be taking money ( a few thousand dollars) down. for you to have the right to order something.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #40
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
Yes it was not specifically at you but about your post. I've never heard of that before. reserving a place to order. Have they said anything about pricing? (MSRP or below) just curious. We are a pretty small area and i know the dealer fairly well I'm sure they will do their best to get me what i want. I just think it's a little crazy for the dealership to be taking money ( a few thousand dollars) down. for you to have the right to order something.

Well, I didn't get overly specific when I asked them a couple questions.

But my first question was regarding price. They have stated their policy is to limit 'hot' vehicles to MSRP. No markups.

I haven't made my final decision about putting the $500 down, but I can't see how it would be a bad thing. I'm not worried about the miniscule amount of interest the dealer my make off my deposit, I have plenty more in the bank making my own interest.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #41
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Im just waiting until they come into the dealerships. Say for example the V6 model looks the same on the outside as the v8's. If i have to wait forever to get a v8 but the v6 looks the same and is prolly 250hp? why wait? ill get the v6 and have a bad ass looking car that i can always put a super charger on later. right?

Or maybe, if the v8 looks a little more sporty, they will have a "pony package" type thing that makes the v6 look just like a z28. yanno what i mean? Cuz those pony package mustangs looks a lot like a GT. I drove one and they are 210hp but they fly for a v6.

Basically what im saying is that you DONT HAVE TO have a V8. But i admit my first choice would be a Z28 V8 for around 29k
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #42
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
Basically what im saying is that you DONT HAVE TO have a V8. But i admit my first choice would be a Z28 V8 for around 29k
Well you might not, but I refuse to lose a V8, thats why I bought my ram (4.7 V8, 235 HP). I wont go for anything less or I will keep my Ram until I get that camaro V8.

Oh and wild paw, I agree that it will probably only be limited to when stock levels are even, but even then the V8's will take longer because they are not as in demand as the V6. The V8 crowd is going to have to get in line behind the lower powered V6 people because thats what the main output is going to be.

Look at it this way.. GM knows there are about 20k people that will be at the dealership on order day wanting to order a v8. But if they build just the v8's the demand for the V6 will be VERY high (over 20k) but the supply will be low due to the V8's being built. There fore the price of the v6 will go up and tank the program. GM wont build to the enthusiast, its already proven that if you do the program dies (2002 camaro anyone?).