Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #43
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I think the premise of the test is to compare the base V8 Pony/Muscle cars with all performance options, not necessarily to compare the trackability of each. And notice in the rating system the performance of each category figures into the total score. The winner is the best overall car, not just the best at any one thing. The 1LE won the chassis overall category and notice it just barely beat out the Mustang here. If you look at the powertrain category I think the Challenger was robbed here. That 392 sort of a hemi is awesome and even stronger than the new LT1. I would have rated them GT 18, 1LE 18, Dodge 20.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #44
roo

Drives: 2006 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
lol... Not impressive over a track car! What part of track car isn't clear to you ? That mustang is still lighter , has more HP , and is still a drag strip car so not impressive over the 1LE!
What part of 5 seconds is not clear to you, you won't be able to see a car that is 5 seconds in front of you! Muscle cars were made for Woodward Avenue anyway. So forget the 1LE, I guess a regular SS would be quicker, right? By the way, the Mustang would be my last choice if were looking to buy, it's their test, not mine. I find it hard to believe the GT beat the 6.4 R/T to 150.
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #45
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo View Post
What part of 5 seconds is not clear to you, you won't be able to see a car that is 5 seconds in front of you! Muscle cars were made for Woodward Avenue anyway. So forget the 1LE, I guess a regular SS would be quicker, right? By the way, the Mustang would be my last choice if were looking to buy, it's their test, not mine. I find it hard to believe the GT beat the 6.4 R/T to 150.
The 1le is a modern muscle car with a few upgrades for the tack....still a musclecar.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #46
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Lol.. You skipped over everything ! I said how is a 15 mustang being faster impressive? Because it's still lighter they added more HP and new everything! Can't say that a new platform is impressive because it is faster than a 10 plus year old platform! What's impressive about that lol?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #47
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
1) What part of 5 seconds is not clear to you?

2) I find it hard to believe the GT beat the 6.4 R/T to 150.
1) Wait about 12 months for the next-Gen Camaro SS. The time differential will shift in the Camaro's favor, at current GT output.

2) To use your vernacular, what part of superior power-to-weight ratio, and smaller frontal area, is not clear to you?
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #48
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
1) Wait about 12 months for the next-Gen Camaro SS. The time differential will shift in the Camaro's favor, at current GT output.

2) To use your vernacular, what part of superior power-to-weight ratio, and smaller frontal area, is not clear to you?
This....
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #49
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
45K for the new Mustang? Wow.
Whats your point? Ford sent a pretty much fully loaded GT PP to the media for testing.

and if I tick every expensive option a 2SS I can load it up to 55K,
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #50
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
"track pack" and 1LE are designed with a track (road course) in mind. Yet, C&D didn't even test them on a track. They drove around on bumpy roads and decided the Mustang was a better car because it has a smoother ride and better amenities?

The 1LE is designed to be a bare bones track oriented car. That's the point of the 1LE.

If the main points were to be awarded for ride quality and amenities and not even track test the cars, C&D should have just used a Camaro 2SS/RS and not the 1LE. It would have provided a much better ride, more amenities, and equal performance down the drag strip.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #51
roo

Drives: 2006 GTO
Quote:

Kinda like the tire difference when talking about the Boss vs 1LE contest. And Ford won't do anything else in 12 months?
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #52
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Kinda like the tire difference when talking about the Boss vs 1LE contest. And Ford won't do anything else in 12 months?
I doubt it. They knew what the 1LE was capable of when they redesigned the GT and didn't add enough tire for the Performance Package. I don't think they were too interested in beating the 1LE.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #53
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
The BOSS LS came with tires of equal caliber to the 1LE. It's time to face the fact the 1LE is a pretty decent road course-capable package - considering it sold for over $10K LESS than a BOSS LS, each in base form - and has yet to be matched by an under-$50K Mustang of any form at Lightning Lap.

New Mustang in a week, roo. Let's hope they finally create something worthy of a "performance" badge. With GT PP Premium-packaged '15s going for near-$50K, this one promises to be $50+, with emphasis on the "plus".

Last edited by SEVEN-OH JOE; 11-11-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #54
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Out of those three, I'll take the Scat Pack.

My ranking is somewhat different than C&D's and MT's.

1. Scat Pack - best overall out of the three IMO, space, power, DD ability
2. 1LE - dont track enough to want it, worst interior of the three, less space
3. Mustang GT - looks hideous outside, interior nice but small

Dude, run don't walk to an eye doctor. Have you seen one in person? Hideous? Now I can't take any of your posts seriously. They are 3 attractive cars.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #55
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
The BOSS LS came with tires of equal caliber to the 1LE. It's time to face the fact the 1LE is a pretty decent package...considering it sold for over $10K LESS than a BOSS LS, each in base form...

As a Boss owner, I have nothing but praise and respect for the 1LE. Just came about too late for my consideration.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #56
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
As a Boss owner, I have nothing but praise and respect for the 1LE. Just came about too late for my consideration.
The response to roo was illogical for me. Normally, I respond to remarks made by folks who have a valid Driver's License and no history of trolling. But every once in awhile...

FA2, as a long-time contributor here, our respect for cars AND members is relatively equal.