Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Opinions on agressive exhaust on stock v6?

So I have an SS and am about to put a full exhaust, headers, SC and such on my car... talking to someone the other day said to me "thats cool man atleast your car will be able to back up that kinda sound unlike some v6 punks who leave it stock with an exhaust"

the awkward convo went on as I didnt know what to say... he was basically saying the v6 camaro should not have an aggressive sounding exhaust (like borla atak or corsa or loudmouth) because its not a fast car and its gives the false impression that it is ... i tried to semi argue that the v6 is fast... but compared to many 2011 cars now, i cant really say it is (although 10 years ago it would have been) ... then I atleast got the guy to agree when saying some people dont care about it being fast, they just like the aesthetics over anything else..

so what do you v6 guys think and what would your rebuttle have been?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
So I have an SS and am about to put a full exhaust, headers, SC and such on my car... talking to someone the other day said to me "thats cool man atleast your car will be able to back up that kinda sound unlike some v6 punks who leave it stock with an exhaust"

the awkward convo went on as I didnt know what to say... he was basically saying the v6 camaro should not have an aggressive sounding exhaust (like borla atak or corsa or loudmouth) because its not a fast car and its gives the false impression that it is ... i tried to semi argue that the v6 is fast... but compared to many 2011 cars now, i cant really say it is (although 10 years ago it would have been) ... then I atleast got the guy to agree when saying some people dont care about it being fast, they just like the aesthetics over anything else..

so what do you v6 guys think and what would your rebuttle have been?
I usually smile politely and walk away... closed minded people like that usually will not change their minds..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I usually smile politely and walk away... closed minded people like that usually will not change their minds..
well given the situation and where we were... walking away was not possible for over an hour ... so what would you have said?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
My v-6 has seen north of 145 MPH and I can roast the tires almost just as easy as a v-8. Its not a bruiser like the SS, but its plenty quick. But there is something about a small block with a nice exhaust that makes me smile. Just don't quite get that effect with my V-6.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
No rebuttle needed.

I don't share his opinion because my V-6 unmodified will go as fast as I need it to in real world situations. It cruises fine at 80, can get up to and past highway speeds before the end of the on ramp, and looks as cool as an SS for several thousand less.

Did I mention 30 MPG (I really get this consistantly) and no need for premium fuel?

I don't compare my Camaro to any other car with the exception of other Camaros - and that is only to get ideas for my own cosmetic mods.

My car doesn't NEED defending.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
Should have told him to go drive one first before making a judgement...
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
I usually tell them that this V6 has more horsepower than the last Z28 that was made. They are usually surprised to hear that. What I should say is "what do you drive?"!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
No rebuttle needed.

I don't share his opinion because my V-6 unmodified will go as fast as I need it to in real world situations. It cruises fine at 80, can get up to and past highway speeds before the end of the on ramp, and looks as cool as an SS for several thousand less.

Did I mention 30 MPG (I really get this consistantly) and no need for premium fuel?

I don't compare my Camaro to any other car with the exception of other Camaros - and that is only to get ideas for my own cosmetic mods.

My car doesn't NEED defending.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
J.L.TYCHE
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2011 Corvette
Im sure he was just some loud mouth transplant from New York livin in Tampa,thats what us true floridians have come to expect from them.You should have told him to go to a Rays game and then go back where he came from.
J.L.TYCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.TYCHE View Post
Im sure he was just some loud mouth transplant from New York livin in Tampa,thats what us true floridians have come to expect from them.You should have told him to go to a Rays game and then go back where he came from.
lol thats what floridians expect from real new yorkers (i.e. NYC) ? good to know

well, i expect floridian drivers to always go -5 of the already ridiculously low speed limit... so frustrating being behind them
Old 04-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #11
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.TYCHE View Post
LOL spoken like a true cracker
Old 04-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
I'm with scrming. Not worth my time. However, I like to give a nice grin, and slight shake of my head. Then I get back in my car and drive away without a look back.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
J.L.TYCHE
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2011 Corvette
Ya there slower than A-FOULS i mean RODS swing theses days
J.L.TYCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suskam View Post
What I should say is "what do you drive?"!
^^^^This.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with making your car sound a certain way. Nothing wrong with an aggressive sound coming out of the 6—it's an aggressive car.

Even if it is 2011, there aren't many cars in our price range that compare in the power & looks dept. Actually, few compare in power, and none compare in looks.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote