Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 09-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #15
68blk/yel396

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
C5Fest 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Quite sure we will have a meeting time/place in the Katy area just West of Houston on I-10. A lot of our club members live out that way...

BB better roll with us too this year...
Mlee,

Sounds like a good way to get the fun started. You know I am IN !!!

We gonna have a ball !!!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #16
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 View Post
Mlee,

We gonna have a ball !!!
ha ha..U know it Chris!!!!!!!

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter1 View Post
The Texas Caravan was awesome last year! I can't wait to see how many people sign up for this years!

Is everyone kind of thinking stopping in El paso for the night or making the 40 minute drive further into Las Cruces??? I'm not real familure with either area so I don't know what is best!
Still working out the details of this trip for us - probably turning C5FII into a SW tour for the kids (Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Route 66, Santa Fe...).

Our mid-way stopping point for trips from Houston to Phoenix in the past was Van Horn, TX. About 120 miles short of El Paso but 10 hours from Houston and about 8 or so from Phoenix.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
firefighter1, I would bet that whom ever is going to coordinate the caravan for the SA group, will set up all the stops, places to stop and eat, gas stops, and where, as a group, we will stop for the night. just like the texas caravan did going this year......we will just have to wait for "DETAILS TO FOLLOW" in the future. as a group we will get to together for the run to SA from H-Town.
That's kewl, I'm just working on hotel stays for myself, but here's the deal. I can set up group rates very cheap since I'm a fire fighter... SO if each of the caravans start thinking of a stopping point for that night then I'd be happy to help get a group discount! But, the downside is I have to give the hotel at least a two month's notice. It's a pain in the ass, but a great perk for saving us a few dollars!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Still working out the details of this trip for us - probably turning C5FII into a SW tour for the kids (Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Route 66, Santa Fe...).

Our mid-way stopping point for trips from Houston to Phoenix in the past was Van Horn, TX. About 120 miles short of El Paso but 10 hours from Houston and about 8 or so from Phoenix.
That's what I had thought too was a good stopping point, but others have mentioned el Paso, or even driving the 40 miles furhter to Las cruces... I'm open to any, I've just putting feelers out to what others think!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 View Post
Mlee,

We gonna have a ball !!!
well ya'll know I am in.....if work cooperates this year!! lol
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #21
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I am in this year. Just looking into how much it would be to rent in Houston and drive with ya'll. Or fly to Phoenix and rent and meet yall ~20 miles out of town and ride in with ya. And I will be renting a Camaro if at all possible (or a Vette if a Camaro isn't available)
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
I am in this year. Just looking into how much it would be to rent in Houston and drive with ya'll. Or fly to Phoenix and rent and meet yall ~20 miles out of town and ride in with ya. And I will be renting a Camaro if at all possible (or a Vette if a Camaro isn't available)
I looked into a flight for my wife.....a NON STOP round trip from Houston to Phenix was $309 on Continental.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #23
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I looked into a flight for my wife.....a NON STOP round trip from Houston to Phenix was $309 on Continental.
Yeah I saw the same thing.........now I am just hoping its close to that to rent and drive as that would be a whole lot more fun. But somehow I doubt it will even be close
Old 09-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #24
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
I think we will be joining you guys again this year.. BUT we are going to get a car trailer and pull the car some of the way..I just don't want to put 3500 miles on my car...

But I will be driving her part of the trip!!
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
I think we will be joining you guys again this year.. BUT we are going to get a car trailer and pull the car some of the way..I just don't want to put 3500 miles on my car...

Cool... Louisana peeps......we need to get the whole crew back together again... Bring those Oracle AAC guys too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Yeah I saw the same thing.........now I am just hoping its close to that to rent and drive as that would be a whole lot more fun. But somehow I doubt it will even be close
Maybe someone in the Houston area needs a Co-pilot to ride with and share gas costs...
Old 09-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #26
JT 210

Drives: 2010 White 2LT Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to JT 210
I have talked to a lady at the El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau re: lodging for approx. 200 rooms and Camaros and food the night(s) we are there. I have a short list of hotels that can accomodate us. We need numbers though for her to be able to present this to those hotels and see who wants to cut us the best deal.

I need a list of persons going, so I can project some sort of number.

I will copy/paste this into the SA and Houston threads too since we all basically end up on the same road before El Paso. I am also waiting on a response from a MOD to make sure I am not stepping on any toes.

Thanks
NTRWCB; Born 03/11/2010, 10:28:29am; Brought home 05/15/2010.

Events/Charity Officer
Any event ideas, contact me at jeff@lonestarcamaro.com
JT 210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #27
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Maybe someone in the Houston area needs a Co-pilot to ride with and share gas costs...
I am open to that too. Anybody need/want a copilot I will split gas and will throw in a free oil change if we stop by my shop on the return trip
Old 09-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #28
68blk/yel396

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
C5Fest II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post

CamaroChelline,

Good to have you in the Caravan again. As Mlee stated "let's get the whole Louisiana Peep group (plus more) together again !!! We had a blast last year !!!