Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
BlackZL1
BLACK ZL1

Drives: Dodge 3500, 2012 ZL1 VIN#371
I have the noweeds system and love how they sound. They are stainless steel construction and nicely built.
Headers for me was not an option, I want to keep my warranty.
Cat delete, was also not an option, I have emmisions testing here in Washington
I like it that I can go stock or have a nice purrrr or loud and aggressive, to me it's a no brainer, no welding, installs easily in about three hours, and if I want I can put the old exhaust back in the car in twenty minutes.
I highly recommend Noweeds system for those of you that want it all, no more exhaust issues, if I don't like it! Push the button and I get the notes I like......
Old 06-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
jydenwr

Drives: 2012 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 (BLACK)
I have the KOOKS headers and cats, plus the NOWEEDS diverter. Man it's just like thunder.
jydenwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Seriously thinking about getting this installed. Just looking for some feed back from anyone who has already installed. Talked to two ZL1 owners who both did the install and they absolutely LOVE IT! From what I've read it gives you anywhere from 20 to 30 more horsepower as well as the LOUDEST EARTH SHATTERING Exhaust note possible. Definitely will Rattle Every Window in the Neighborhood. Then with a press of a button you're right back to stock.

Wow, that's impressive! Their videos on the website sold me immediately. Husbands Birthday next month, love to sneak out "The Devil's Nightmare" and surprise him with this setup all installed. Matter of fact while I'm letting him drive I could reach over and press the button to "Wide Open" and hopefully he doesn't have an accident, literally or in the seat of his pants!
my .02 this. the system is post cat's so 30hp is hard for my to buy into. It will be louder than stock for sure and should sound like a car with muffler deletes. I hear them all the time they sound decent.

as far as earth shattering loud hear again cats are still in place so it is all on your deffinition of loud but I don't find it earth shattering but then again I grew up racing 10 second cars with open headers.

my issue is the cost. I can buy longtubes for the money they cost and longtubes really do give you broad real power through the band.

the advantage is the control factor I suppose hos there is a programable setting.

I want optimum power for my money so I am having hard time spending $900 on these. that would buy me stainless power headers +ZR1 cam +springs.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
let me know how you like it and post some vid after install !!!!!!
Charlietuna; put down the microfiber towel for a minute and check out their video on the home page. The girl in the Black SS sold me right there on the spot. Put in my order today! Wow, I feel like singing Happy Birthday to my husband right now!
http://www.noweeds.net/
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
my .02 this. the system is post cat's so 30hp is hard for my to buy into. It will be louder than stock for sure and should sound like a car with muffler deletes. I hear them all the time they sound decent.

as far as earth shattering loud hear again cats are still in place so it is all on your deffinition of loud but I don't find it earth shattering but then again I grew up racing 10 second cars with open headers.

my issue is the cost. I can buy longtubes for the money they cost and longtubes really do give you broad real power through the band.
I hear ya and I understand what you're saying. Do the long tubes require a tune after install? And how about emissions? I just like this setup because I can literally go from stock sound to chainsawing the mufflers off in an instant, sound wise that is! Just check their homepage video. It sold me, and I understand its not the setup for everyone, but for me ITS PERFECT!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZL1 View Post
I have the noweeds system and love how they sound. They are stainless steel construction and nicely built.
Headers for me was not an option, I want to keep my warranty.
Cat delete, was also not an option, I have emmisions testing here in Washington
I like it that I can go stock or have a nice purrrr or loud and aggressive, to me it's a no brainer, no welding, installs easily in about three hours, and if I want I can put the old exhaust back in the car in twenty minutes.
I highly recommend Noweeds system for those of you that want it all, no more exhaust issues, if I don't like it! Push the button and I get the notes I like......
Any chance you could post a video of the system on your ZL1? I'd love to hear how it sounds.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
roSSco
∞ Smiles per mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Any chance you could post a video of the system on your ZL1? I'd love to hear how it sounds.
Ditto
2013 ZL1 #4739
'Heisenberg'
Color - Walter White
Roto-Fab CAI
On Reddit? Check out /r/ZL1/
roSSco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #22
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
NicKey Camaro with dual valve diverters

NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #23
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
That's really awesome.
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
Normagene

Great video! Nice install job, looks really good. Love the sound, what a difference when you open the diverter. Should have mine real soon! Can't wait to install. Nice to have it up on a lift. Did you mount the controller under the seat? Seen some on the dash or in front of the shifter. I'll probably go with under the seat, could always move at a later date.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372883067.683826.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  195.0 KB
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Thanks. We set this one up with a remote Key Fob.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #26
98on20s

Will you lose top end power? Will you gain power?
98on20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #27
G4M3OVR

Drives: '05 OB Neon SRT4, '13 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickeyChicago View Post
The thing about this video though, is that this car looks to have long tubes and a cam at minimum(I also can't spot cats but I'm blind). The volume isn't going to be nearly as loud as this on a bone stock ZL1.

Without anything else done to the car, I just can't see how the diverters would increase the volume much over stock with a fuse pull.
G4M3OVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #28
RexZL1

Hey Now,

Can anyone speak more to the probable power increase with these? They sound great if they are truly bolt on. Is the actuatot Battery poxered? Otherwis you would have to wire something in right?
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote