Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
suzook

Drives: camaro
These are known for noise...shame as they have many user adjustable controls available.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #16
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
These are known for noise...shame as they have many user adjustable controls available.
Awe Crap 💩, and here I was trying to clean things up. It's a shame about the alternator whine, drives me nuts 😫😫😫
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
Old as Dirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Audio tach...
Old as Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
Awe Crap 💩, and here I was trying to clean things up. It's a shame about the alternator whine, drives me nuts 😫😫😫
What have you done to get rid of the whine? Changed ground location? I have an older unit and haven't had any issues with it. I'm using one of the original amp mounting locations for my ground and it works great. If that doesn't work you can always put in a high value resistor from radio shack and see if that helps. Worst case you're out a buck.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #19
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
What have you done to get rid of the whine? Changed ground location? I have an older unit and haven't had any issues with it. I'm using one of the original amp mounting locations for my ground and it works great. If that doesn't work you can always put in a high value resistor from radio shack and see if that helps. Worst case you're out a buck.
I've tried changing the grounding settings on the unit, it has 3 and changed nothing. If I turn the gain way down it goes away but then I lose volume. I have e-mailed Audio Control tech services and they don't respond. As far as the grounding goes one member mentioned grounding everything in one spot which I have, the negative battery post.

What type of resistor do I need and where do I put it? I'm no pro but I'll try anything at this point.
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

OK, I talked to tech support at Audio Control and by the sounds of it I have the wrong unit. The LCQ-1 is for OEM interface but I have the ******** Harness that basically does that, I think. This thing is for the output of the factory amp, something to do with the signal output being low. So I'm lowering the signal 2x thus the need for me to turn up the gains so high to get power output and revealing the alternator whine. He told me to ground the head unit in the same spot (negative battery post). Anyone know where the stock head unit is grounded?

Looks like I may be getting in over my head here I just wanted plug and play, wish me luck. Any advice would be great.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #21
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
OK, I talked to tech support at Audio Control and by the sounds of it I have the wrong unit. The LCQ-1 is for OEM interface but I have the ******** Harness that basically does that, I think. This thing is for the output of the factory amp, something to do with the signal output being low. So I'm lowering the signal 2x thus the need for me to turn up the gains so high to get power output and revealing the alternator whine. He told me to ground the head unit in the same spot (negative battery post). Anyone know where the stock head unit is grounded?

Looks like I may be getting in over my head here I just wanted plug and play, wish me luck. Any advice would be great.
Good luck. I haven't pulled the factory HU out yet.

I can't imagine not being able to get rid of the whine. Check on DIYMA.com (Do It Yourself Mobile Audio) and I'm sure you'll get a ton of advice from guys with waaaayyyyy more experience than on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #22
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Good luck. I haven't pulled the factory HU out yet.

I can't imagine not being able to get rid of the whine. Check on DIYMA.com (Do It Yourself Mobile Audio) and I'm sure you'll get a ton of advice from guys with waaaayyyyy more experience than on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out. I think I may have a fix, just have to wait a couple weeks till I get home. If I relocate the HU ground I should be OK. I'm adding an Audiocontrol Matrix Plus to boost the signal. I should then be able to turn the gain down on my amps but still acheive better overall volume levels.....I hope.