Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #15
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i bet they will have some kind of special option suspension like the vette has. and if you have any problems with the suspension ....remember theres always after market. you can make it however you want it to be. dont let one little thing(that can be changed) turn you off to the camaro,especially if you dont even really know anything about it yet.
amen to that. i don't care how it handles, what suspension its got/dont got, as long as its got it in the looks dept and has an LS series engine under the hood, im golden. Suspension can always be changed, rather easily at that. the body and engine, not so much
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #16
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
amen to that. i don't care how it handles, what suspension its got/dont got, as long as its got it in the looks dept and has an LS series engine under the hood, im golden. Suspension can always be changed, rather easily at that. the body and engine, not so much
I agree, but I'm sure the suspension will be perfectly fine anyways. GM wouldn't build up all this suspense about the Camaro then come out with a bad handling car. They know better.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #17
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
I believe the new camaro will be shorter and wider than the 4thgen. So that should improve handling along with the IRS and other parts.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
True, but why pay for that and go through the hassle when it can come with a good suspension straight from the factory? I'm sure this thing will handle. The Zeta architecture is just great, and I don't think they'd give the current full size sedans built on it better handling than the Camaro, right? Fear not. :party0048:
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I have ZERO doubt in my mind that this will be the best handling Camaro EVER built. They've only said it a million times not to worry...that this will be the best one ever and that everyone will be happy. I can't wait to try out that IRS.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:33 AM   #20
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Best handling Camaro ever built? Psh, I'm sure it will be one of the best handling cars ever built, period.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:04 AM   #21
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
This Camaro is gunna rock your girlfriends/wifes panties off around the corners in the passenger seat fella's.... not too worry about the handling.... I'm sure GM will put some real-good time into this area as it is a "sports car" they are selling.... and the "best Camaro yet".

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #22
mprhead5

Drives: 04 MAzdaspeed miata 250whp
from wikipedia

duel ball joint front

The extra ball joint adds weight and cost. It also increases steering friction, and the parasitic friction in the suspension. The geometry has some undesirable characteristics that need careful management, such as returnability from full lock when parking

Well now my interest is peaked so I guess I'll have to spend a couple days looking into the chassis design and figure it out.

Here is a look at what the setup will look like

http://forums.peddersusa.com/imageho...27d7a88074.gif

and the full link
http://forums.peddersusa.com/showthread.php?p=1337

current Ride: 04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 250whp 13.3 1/4m
mprhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
i bet they will have some kind of special option suspension like the vette has. and if you have any problems with the suspension ....remember theres always after market. you can make it however you want it to be. dont let one little thing(that can be changed) turn you off to the camaro,especially if you dont even really know anything about it yet.
I believe that package would be known as Z28 . . . and aftermarket systems can give nearly any car 1g in the skidpad.

But from the factory, I would imagine that the Camaro will make better than 0.9g. The current Mustang GT makes something between 0.86 and 0.89 g's from what I've read.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #24
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I believe that package would be known as Z28 . . . and aftermarket systems can give nearly any car 1g in the skidpad.

But from the factory, I would imagine that the Camaro will make better than 0.9g. The current Mustang GT makes something between 0.86 and 0.89 g's from what I've read.
yeah i know the z28 is a special package , but i think they will offer a special package ,like the z51 for vette, for the regular v8 camaro's that arent the z28 models. like the vette has the regular vette and regular shocks, then theres the z06 with beefed up everything , but the middle of those 2 is the vette with the z51 package. vented rotors, different suspension components,tires, and the magnetice shocks. i think the base camaro will have some kind of suspension upgrade package ,that you can buy. and the z28 will have it,or something else, standard on it.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I just wonder if Z28 is confirmed to be the "top dog" package. It seemed to me the latest SS was considered the top dog so I wonder if GM will stay with that concept.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Nope, not confirmed. There have been several discussions on this so I won't go into things here, but search for them if you want to hear what we think so far
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #27
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I just wonder if Z28 is confirmed to be the "top dog" package. It seemed to me the latest SS was considered the top dog so I wonder if GM will stay with that concept.
trust me you dont want to get involved with that topic. there are die hard z28 fans who will murder over the z28 name even if you so much as mention the ss being in the group with the camaro.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #28
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
trust me you dont want to get involved with that topic. there are die hard z28 fans who will murder over the z28 name even if you so much as mention the ss being in the group with the camaro.
I don't think it's quite that bad. There's not a problem with there being an SS, the debate was which should be "top dog", SS or Z/28, and there were those that were quite outspoken on either side. To stay on topic, I do think that all versions will handle well, there will likely be optional handling packages, and the "top dog" should have an extremely good handling package.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote