Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Snow!

Well, we got a bit of snow here today along with some freezing rain. Took the SS out in it a few times and as I already knew, these cars do just fine on the white stuff. I have continental dws on the back and p zeros up front. Car did absolutely fine. As long as there's a brain between your ears these things are very manageable with traction control.

I've driven all kinds of vehicles in this stuff. Obviously an all wheel drive would be best, but for a two wheeler this car does great. It's as good as any front drive I've experienced. Don't be afraid of the white stuff!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Just make sure to take it for a wash as soon as you can. You don't want that snow with salt sticking to it. I drive mine also in the snow not a problem. I just make sure it gets wash as soon as I can. Sometimes twice a week.
USCAMARO14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
slapshot, i am in Olathe (kansas city area) and we got about 2 inches of snow, with ice first. keeping my vert in garage and driving my truck. dont want salt on it, even though i put a door ding on camaro this morning in garage with my suv. oh, what gives.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
My car will remain under a cover in the garage until aprilish lol... Not worth it to me taking it out when I'm home two days a week and have a four wheel drive pickup that is rusty to drive to work and over winter.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
silentownage001

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
70 degrees here in NJ It will be cooler tomorrow before going back to normal Tuesday :(

Gone, but not forgotten
2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
silentownage001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I'm in topeka and my car won't leave the garage until the end of March but I will trailer it to lawrence next week for a tune.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
If the Camaro is so good in the snow, I wish my neighbors kid would get one. The neighbors kid drives a Jeep and he just put it in the ditch in front of my house for the second time in 3 years. And for the second time in 3 years he took my mailbox down.

Regardless, my Camaro will also sit in storage until middle of April. This will probably be about the same time the neighbors kid will putting up a new mailbox for me.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
If the Camaro is so good in the snow, I wish my neighbors kid would get one. The neighbors kid drives a Jeep and he just put it in the ditch in front of my house for the second time in 3 years. And for the second time in 3 years he took my mailbox down.

Regardless, my Camaro will also sit in storage until middle of April. This will probably be about the same time the neighbors kid will putting up a new mailbox for me.
OP, I am really sorry I sure did not mean to jack your thread. I guess I am just venting a little. Again, Sorry....
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
Slapshot

Quote:
OP, I am really sorry I sure did not mean to jack your thread. I guess I am just venting a little. Again, Sorry....
No worries! These cars certainly aren't ideal for it, but they're plenty capable in light snow.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

let me guess. The kid has big fat tires on his Jeep even in the snow
Old 12-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Phillyone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Silver/Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Well, we got a bit of snow here today along with some freezing rain. Took the SS out in it a few times and as I already knew, these cars do just fine on the white stuff. I have continental dws on the back and p zeros up front. Car did absolutely fine. As long as there's a brain between your ears these things are very manageable with traction control.

I've driven all kinds of vehicles in this stuff. Obviously an all wheel drive would be best, but for a two wheeler this car does great. It's as good as any front drive I've experienced. Don't be afraid of the white stuff!

I'd be very afraid of the snow with those p zeros on the front

Purchased August 2013
Phillyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
Slapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyone View Post
I'd be very afraid of the snow with those p zeros on the front
Very predictable.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:25 AM   #13
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
No worries! These cars certainly aren't ideal for it, but they're plenty capable in light snow.

I just got new tires and i heard alot of people mention the tires should be okay in light-medium snow.

now what is considered light snow?
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #14
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
For those of us that can only afford one vehicle these cars do just as good as any other 2wd car/vehicle out there. Been driving in the stuff for month and a half no problems. Drove it to work in 2 major storms last year, one of the storms had at least 4" of snow on the highway already and there were about 5 pickups in the ditch in the first 6 miles. I made it the 13 miles to work just fine. You just have to know how to drive and know it's limitations, like any vehicle.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote