Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
SAVINI AND BFX AUTO REVIEW

This is a review of buying process of SAVINI Wheels from BFXAuto in California.

As many on this forum read the saga of PQ and his wheels. I was really critical of SAVINI ( manufacturor) and Nine Ball ( vendor) because of the way it was handled. I am unsure at this point what went wrong and this is not an attack on either of them, and as most know the issues got resolved to PQ satisfaction.

I was contacted by Savini ( Nick ) concerning the tone of my posts and he was really concerned that I as a consumer was not satisfied with Savini as a brand based on this once incident. We had several long conversations concerning several topics and Nick convinced me, and re-assured me that Savini is a high quality wheel and that this was an isolated incident.

I talked with Nick at BFXAuto and reiterated my concerns about the quality, and my main concern about the vibration. Make no mistake these are not cheap wheels. Nick and I went through several wheels combinations that I liked, he would photoshop wheels on my car, send them to me and I would decide if I like them. This went on several times. Ultimately on me decideing on a set of wheels.

I had really like a version like PQ's wheels with some paint and chrome but after realizing that paint does not really stick well to chrome I went with the chrome versions.

After talking with Darth Emma, PQ, Savini ( Nick) BFXAuto ( Nick ) and a couple of other people I decided to let BFXAuto mount and balance, install the TPMS sensor and ship them to me. All I would have to do is to bolt them on.

This would alleviate alot of problems on my end and hopefully stop and probelms before they start.

So I placed my order and the wait started, and it wasn't a long wait. In a few short weeks I got a call that the wheels were done and that they were mounting the tires. Great.

During the mounting of the tires something happened and one of the wheels had to be sent back to Savini for repair. Nick called and was straight up.

Finally the wheels came. Only one problem, No Lug Nuts

I called Nick and he said that he would overnight me some so no problem.

This past Saturday I got everything I needed to install my new wheels. They went on without a problem. TPMS Sensors worked, I programmed them just like Darth Emma told me, Thanks Emma

THEN.............................................. ................................................

I took my car on a test drive............................................. ..................

Yep you guessed it, the person who was so worried about a vibration, the person who was so critical of Savini, the person, well you get the point

MY WHEELS VIBRATED

The vibration came in at about 45 mph until about 65 mph. The vibration is in the steering wheel. Of course it is Saturday, everyone is at SEMA and I am left to my thoughts. At this point I am hoping that maybe a weight maybe has come off.

The wheels look abslutely amazing but they wobble. I was worried all weekend long on how this was going to go when I finally got to talk with Nick at BFXAuto. What happened next absolutely shocked me.

I am 2 hours ahead of Nick so I had to wait another 2 hours until I could reach him this morning. I called Nick told him what was going on and he asked " When can you have them ready for pick up?" Really? I asked Nick if he wanted me to see if I could have them balanced. He said no, that if anything had to be done then he wanted to be the one to do it.

He said that he would have Fed Ex pick them up tomorrow. That he would find the problem, fix it and send them back.

As I have always said " People understand that thing will happen, that is not what is important. What is imporatnt is how these situations are handled"

Nick at BFXAuto is doing an outstanding job. Besides the little mix up with the lug nuts Nick has kept me informed every step of the way. He is doing all I could expect anyone to do in this situation.

Savini Wheels, these wheels are a very high quality wheel. I am unsure if the problem occured because one had to be sent back due to a problem that happened during mounting, maybe a scratch or something. I know they fixed it though.

My overall impression of Savini is that they are a beautiful wheel, high quality and make my wonderful car look awesome.

My overall impression of Nick at BFXAuto is that he is a great guy. He has done everything he said he would do. He has gone above and beyond on this order.

Although it has yet to be detemined the final out come of the vibrating wheel, I am sure it will be taken care of in a timely manner.

I will say this I would buy from this Vendor again and buy this product again.

MAYBE, they just need to make them a little different when they come to ALABAMA, ok sorry for the attempt at humor.

Name:  New Photos 240.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  186.6 KB

Name:  New Photos 242.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  184.2 KB

Name:  New Photos 239.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  190.8 KB

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 11-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Wheels were picked up by the trucking company yesterday, so the waiting begins......
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote