Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
To cover or not to cover...

I've read posts and posts back and forth about the good and bad of outdoor car covers. I work out of town usually two to three weeks out of the month and unfortunately a garage or carport is not an option, I have the 45th so I have the carbon flash color that is already a pita to keep clean but wondering if covering it is a good idea and chancing getting swirls or just wax it before I go out of town and let nature take its corse (I love in Cali so snow, torrential rain, hail, none of these are issues). I've also read that the noah cover seems to be the best
But how does coverking stormproof compare? I can't stand the idea of hiding my baby under that awful single color noah cover, at least with coverking I can do black and red rally stripes
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I have the GM car cover and as nice as it is, it doesn't have a soft inner lining so it's almost like using a tarp over your car.

What I would like to do is find a soft cover or fleece type blanket I can put over the car first, then the cover.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
When you say 2-3 weeks a month, is that contiguous, or total? In other words, do you leave for 2 weeks then come back, or is it a day or two here and there for a total of 2-3 weeks?

You don't want to be taking a cover on and off all the time. That's a recipe for disaster. I personally don't recommend to cover the car unless it won't be used for at least a month, especially since you don't have bad weather to contend with. The sun would be your only hazard, which could be mitigated with a good sealant and wax regimen.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
richard200593

I tried the no cover and this is what happened.... Stupid work employees rubbing the dirt into my paint... So I'm getting a cover just can't decide between Noah or weathershield hp.

Sometimes I'm out of town for a week sometimes it's over two months most of the time three weeks or so. I'm just going to make sure before the cover goes on that it's washed every time before I leave.
Attached Images

Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Old 09-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Pick the cover that will work best for you and buy it today.Since your car sits for 2 weeks to 2 months sometimes and can't be sheltered its a no brainer to cover it.

Some will say don't use a cover and I say eat my shorts(LOL).My Camaro is not a daily driver and it is garaged I first used the one from GM which is a piece of s**t.I ordered the dust stop car cover and love it.I have not noticed one scratch.

Last edited by Ohten; 09-21-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Ohten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
richard200593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Pick the cover that will work best for you and buy it today.Since your car sits for 2 weeks to 2 months sometimes and can't be sheltered its a no brainer to cover it.

Some will say don't use a cover and I say eat my shorts(LOL).My Camaro is not a daily driver and it is garaged I first used the one from GM which is a piece of s**t.I ordered the dust stop car cover and love it.I have noticed one scratch.

Thanks for the reply I really wanted the one from gm just because of the rally stripes on the cover but read enough reviews to stray away. I just ordered the weathershield hp from covercraft. Hopefully it will do what I need it for
*Audio:
Old 09-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Good choice