Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #71
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxmoto View Post
This has been a very interesting and informative thread!

My question to you, Pete is, does the 27/32 ratio apply to a square tire & wheel setup, or is that different? I'm looking at a 20x10 ET27 wheel with 285/35s on all four corners.

Thanks!! Maxx
Yes sir it does, even better!. If i could put a stronger rear bar in the staggered setup cars, I would. The limitation is the mounting brackets and hardware won't handle the increased loads.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #72
maxxmoto

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Yes sir it does, even better!. If i could put a stronger rear bar in the staggered setup cars, I would. The limitation is the mounting brackets and hardware won't handle the increased loads.
Thanks for the reply!

The stronger rear brackets and hardware would seem like a quick and relatively easy design & Fab for your outfit, although the demand for them would be pretty small to produce them for general consumption.

With the information I have gathered in my short time on this forum, I have gained a wealth of knowledge regarding my Gen-5 SS. So much so, that I have more and more questions all the time! LOL!

I'll email you at JPSS with some of my thoughts.

Thanks again!

Maxx
maxxmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #73
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
OK - I am in sway bar upgrade overload! so any options, not as simple as it seems! so much discussion, it is now very clear you don't just "upgrade", there is more to the selection than just ordering from Summit/BMR/Hotchkiss or elsewhere. I have a 2014 SS/RS convertible - no engine mods, catback borla exhaust and I did put a set of FR Style 41's 20x10 275/40/20's all 4 corners (HATE not being able to rotate on a regular basis). Daily driver may thru Nov (Stored for the Colorado winters). no track plans, but lots of nice mountain roads for when I am ready for "hammer time". weight of the car and understeer are noticeable periodically and was thinking about (1) suspension brace (Hotchkiss) and (2) upgrading my sway bars. your thoughts on the need for the Hotchkiss? Don't want to upgrade/lower springs - the damn car is low enough and the wife will take the front spoiler off for me if I do. For what I have described - your thoughts on sway bar upgrades to improve body roll? it looks like upgrading the rear only with a 1LE/ZL1 bar might be good - but its the front that seems weak when I hit corners hard? are your black bars over kill for me? planning my springtime modifications/upgrades - as noted above, JusticePete really seems to know what he is talking about - so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!

Last edited by sehovarter; 07-23-2017 at 07:16 AM.
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:06 AM   #74
sehovarter
HomezSS

so - don't post until the coffee kicks in - a couple corrections to previous post. first - "so MANY options" (not "so any options") and tires are 275/40/20's all 4 corners. its early in Golden on this fall Friday morning!!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
Old 11-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #75
sehovarter
HomezSS

Does anyone know what is stock on a 2014 SS/RS Vert? is it the same as what is listed on page 1 of this post (23mm front/24mm rear)? looking to improve front end understeer - already have bigger tires (20x10/275/45/20's all around) and looking at DSE sways and front end links - will upgrade the rear end links to GM 1LE...... thoughts??
Old 01-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #76
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I just ordered the BMR sway bar for my car and pulled the stock one off.. going for the less weight of the tubular BMR over the stock solid one. Stock weighs 15lbs.. BMR weighs just shy of 12lbs, so 3 lbs shaved off. Not much but it all adds up. Very hard to reduce weight on the fronts of these cars.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #77
SLY5ACE

Drives: 2013 camaro ss 1le supercharged
best for autocross and road courses

whats the best for handling road courses and autox
SLY5ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #78
SLY5ACE

Drives: 2013 camaro ss 1le supercharged
WHICH ONE IS THE BEST FOR AUTOCROSS AND ROAD RACES ?
SLY5ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #79
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY5ACE View Post
WHICH ONE IS THE BEST FOR AUTOCROSS AND ROAD RACES ?

... you don't gotta scream. JPSS black magic sways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #80
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
JPSS black magic sways

If you are going to the FEST, I'll buy you one!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #81
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:

If you are going to the FEST, I'll buy you one!

Wow really? I'd love that! Yes sir I'll be at fest helping Justin Hilliard work his booth! Plan to run the road course and maybe your camaro cross as well!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #82
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Wow really? I'd love that! Yes sir I'll be at fest helping Justin Hilliard work his booth! Plan to run the road course and maybe your camaro cross as well!

See you there.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #83
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Damn it, weld the brackets on the subframe. Problem solved ;op

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #84
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Damn it, weld the brackets on the subframe. Problem solved ;op

-Don