Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
spider webbing on entire camaro

Went out this morning and looked at my car and all I can see is spider webbing over the entire vehicle. I need some advice to take care of this issue to get it to look like new again. I know that there is videos of this but would like to know of products out there that I can pick up at my local auto store and not have to buy from the internet and sent to my house. Would like to get this looking like it did when I bought it. Thanks
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
The_cartoonist_88
Turbine Cowboy

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2LT Camaro
this is an easy fix like you said there are alot of videos out there but choosing the right products is a tricky part bcuz each detailer has their own preferences and "style" on the subject at hand.
but first youll need a polisher and then youll need to choose ur diff compounds
To help you some go to Autogeek.net they are the a detailers paradise just read the product reviews and go from there.

To give you an idea here is my current set up
Polishers:
Heavy polishing- 12amp Milwaukee polisher
Light polishing- Cyclo polisher

Compounds:
Heavy cut- Menzerna Power Gloss
Medium cut- Mcguires 105
Light cut- Mcguire 205
Machine polish- Menzerna Finishing glaze
Detail spray- Mcgiures Quick detail (for personal I use Zaino Gloss enhancer)
Wax/Polish- Mcguires Gold Class (for Personal I use Zaino)
and a small fortune in Micro fiber towels

I know its long but i hope this gives you some direction
Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Unfortunately your options are very limited when choosing Paint restoration products from auto parts stores. You can buy some polishes, but doing it by hand will take about 3 years and destroy your arms. Your better of either purchasing a kit online, or finding a *quality* local detailer.

You can check Adamspolishes.com to see if they have a local distributor that you can pick up the good stuff from. None the less your in for a minimum $150-$300 endeavor to truly tackle the issue.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
Unfortunately your options are very limited when choosing Paint restoration products from auto parts stores. You can buy some polishes, but doing it by hand will take about 3 years and destroy your arms. Your better of either purchasing a kit online, or finding a *quality* local detailer.

You can check Adamspolishes.com to see if they have a local distributor that you can pick up the good stuff from. None the less your in for a minimum $150-$300 endeavor to truly tackle the issue.

Instead of jumping in uninformed and having to rely on the opinions of others, why not watch the many videos posted here in the detailing section so that you can learn what it takes to do what you want to do. The videos can be used as a template to a few different lines of products although using what you see in the videos make it a lot less confusing.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
watch the video's, especially the ones on how to wash and care for your finish, doesn't make sense to get her all prettied up only to trash her again with improper care technique...... I've been recently "unplugged" and can never look back.....
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
watch the video's, especially the ones on how to wash and care for your finish, doesn't make sense to get her all prettied up only to trash her again with improper care technique...... I've been recently "unplugged" and can never look back.....

Yes you have.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
What video would be the best to find out how to was your car properly and gets these darn spider webbing of my camaro. I do not know how they got on there I never take to a car wash with those big rollers, only touchless for me and hand washing. How did these things get on my baby?
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
What video would be the best to find out how to was your car properly and gets these darn spider webbing of my camaro. I do not know how they got on there I never take to a car wash with those big rollers, only touchless for me and hand washing. How did these things get on my baby?
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time...

Stand by for my complete response...

Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

So you're ready for the red pill. Well here it goes.

I want you to start with this video series. In this series, you will find out exactly where all those swirl marks came from and how to remove them. One thing that you need to do is read the text associated with each video. This is very important as I cover some important information within that text that I may have missed within the videoy. Also, read the responses in that thread. Someone mat ask a question that you may have after watching the videos.

After that series, I want you to have a look at this videos series because you thought that a touchless car wash was best for your paint. You will soon find out the whole truth.

Once you are done there, this video series concentrates on exactly what it takes to fix your paint. I cover this in the first video series I had you watch but this really goes into detail about what it takes and how paint correction is done. Here's the deal. After watching that first video series, you are going to be a little confused on what it takes to fix paint. Everyone is because I throw a lot of information at you in that first video series. This video series breaks it down so that a kid could understand the process as it is rather simple. You won't have to take notes after seeing this series, you will completely understand the process. This 7 year old kid understood it after watching me do it in front of a crowd one weekend.

Once you are through there, I want you to watch this video series. It details something else that you are doing wrong, which is creating all the damage you see in your paint. The fact that you can see it so clearly tells me that it is pretty substantial and will require some patience on your behalf in getting it fixed. Most people don't even see the damage until they are "unplugged". Don't worry, it can be fixed and we are here to walk you through any issues that may arise.

I am going to PM you something very important so look for that too in a minute.

Alrighty then! You my friend, are about to find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
Went out this morning and looked at my car and all I can see is spider webbing over the entire vehicle. I need some advice to take care of this issue to get it to look like new again. I know that there is videos of this but would like to know of products out there that I can pick up at my local auto store and not have to buy from the internet and sent to my house. Would like to get this looking like it did when I bought it. Thanks

instead of having to make a purchase, you can hop in your car and drive over here to New Bern and i'll hook it up for you. i already have the Adam's Junkman Kit, the Perfect Interior Kit, and other products from Adam's. I did one of my friend's Camaros, a BLACK 2010 2SS, a dealership in Jacksonville left his car outside and it got some terrible water spots. So i came to the rescue. it took meabout 8-10ish hours to complete from washing, claying, buffing, and waxing. but in the end it was well worth it and my buddy was thrilled!! he was actually thinking about selling the car until i fixed it for him. now, it's in even better condition than when it was driven off the truck at the dealership!! give it some thought and let me know if you want me to do something.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
eric@thompson
Account Suspended

Drives: GMC Sierra
You've been Junkified!

I highly recommend a two bucket wash method, with Grit Guard and a foam gun for starters!
eric@thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
instead of having to make a purchase, you can hop in your car and drive over here to New Bern and i'll hook it up for you. i already have the Adam's Junkman Kit, the Perfect Interior Kit, and other products from Adam's. I did one of my friend's Camaros, a BLACK 2010 2SS, a dealership in Jacksonville left his car outside and it got some terrible water spots. So i came to the rescue. it took meabout 8-10ish hours to complete from washing, claying, buffing, and waxing. but in the end it was well worth it and my buddy was thrilled!! he was actually thinking about selling the car until i fixed it for him. now, it's in even better condition than when it was driven off the truck at the dealership!! give it some thought and let me know if you want me to do something.
Don't just do it for him Ray-Ray, show him the ways of Zion. If he is going to be unplugged, he has got to get his pill on!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Listen to Junkman!!! Seen his work in person and good Lord the man knows what he is talking about. I have watch all of his videos and have recently had the chance to go to a detail clinic last month that he put on. Before you start wasting your money on OTC stuff. You need to watch his videos.

Junkman cant wait for the next clinic in April!!

smokingcamaro: you need to try and make it down for this if you can!!!