Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
CruznRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Aux Input/USB Option missing from Stereo Input

On my 2010 RS the option for the Aux input/USB worked for several months then one day I went to cycle through the XM/FM/AM options to use the USB and the feature was gone!

I took it to the dealer and they had to call Michigan for support and told me an accessory adapter module (actual p/n still tbd) for the stereo was bad and they had to order a replacement.

So I'm scheduled to take the vehicle in next week for the service, but when I got in my car and cycled through the input options, BINGO! the Aux input/USB option was back on the stereo screen and my USB MP3 and IPOD devices are working.

Funny thing is the service rep never mentioned a thing about it.
CruznRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Seems odd that it just came back like that. Maybe check the wiring harness connections (they are in the center console behind the shifter)
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
CruznRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Aagreed this was definitely odd, and I don't know what work the dealership did on my first visit. But for whatever reason I'm glad it's working again, and the extended warranty covers me so I'll leave it to Mr. Goodwrench to figure it out when I return for the follow up service.
CruznRS is offline   Reply With Quote