Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Landrix

Drives: 2012 Transformers European Version
Unhappy 21-inch wheels

Hello,

i'm owner of the 2012 camaro transformers special edition (european version).

on september 2011 i ordered the camaro and i took the add-screen 21-inch wheels too:

http://gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrol...20EA279-EA281/

view the second page: http://www.landrix84.net/altro/auto/.../T3_HC_v11.pdf

On april 2012 i received the european certificate for import the car on Switzerland but unfortunately wasn't display the 21-inch wheels but only the 20-inch wheel.

Chevrolet Switzerland help me contacting the DTC (swiss dynamic test center) and they give me a document that indicate all tolerance from 19-inch to 22-inch that the camaro can mount.
But this document should be present at the swiss immatriculation department with a prove that the wheels are for the camaro and not other gm car

Unfortunately asking at Chevrolet Italy, Chevrolet Europe, www.kwparts.com and www.ifseurope.eu they cannot give me a document prove because the european camaro has homologate with only the 19-inch and 20-inch wheels.

The swiss matriculation department and the swiss dynamic test center told me that if i have a GM or Chevrolet USA document i can mount without problem the 21-inch.

i contacted the GM USA support but they answer me that cannot help me because i'm not a USA resident and only the chevrolet customer that reside in USA can be helped with the gm usa support.

For complete the 21-inch wheels matriculation i need one of those document:

1] GM or Chevrolet USA write an official document that those 21-inch wheels can be mount on my camaro (2012 type GMX521)

or

2] GM USA give me an official document with all wheels technical data, in particular the load index (it's only the technical data miss because isn't write directly on the wheel...)

anyone can help me?

Thank you
Landrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Did you pay for the wheels? If not, you might be screwed.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
No wonder the continent is going to hell. Can't even get wheels on a car? lol.
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Landrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Did you pay for the wheels? If not, you might be screwed.
yes, i paid it...
Old 08-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrix View Post
yes, i paid it...
I'm not familiar with the dealer part of the operation. And being international it is obviously more difficult.

So you are worried that they will be kept by the dealer?

I admit I'm a little confused here.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Landrix

Quote:
So you are worried that they will be kept by the dealer?

I admit I'm a little confused here.
Yes, at the moment the 21-inch wheels are keep by the car dealer until i haven't an official document that prove the technical data or those wheels are for the 2012 camaro.

at the moment i'm driving with the 20-inch wheels, but at the begin my idea was for summer time use the 21-inch and winter time the 20-inch with winter tyres

If i will drive with the 21-inch wheels and i will have an accident then the insurance (my or the other people) can refuse to pay because the document car doesn't display that the 21-inch wheel can be mount on it

and if the police will check my car on the road and they will see that the 21-inch wheels aren't display on the documents they can confiscate it for security reason

so until i haven't any technical data or a prove that i can mount those wheels on my camaro i can't drive with the 21-inch wheels

Last edited by Landrix; 08-13-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrix View Post
Yes, at the moment the 21-inch wheels are keep by the car dealer until i haven't an official document that prove the technical data or those wheels are for the 2012 camaro.

at the moment i'm driving with the 20-inch wheels, but at the begin my idea was for summer time use the 21-inch and winter time the 20-inch with winter tyres

If i will drive with the 21-inch wheels and i will have an accident then the insurance (my or the other people) can refuse to pay because the document car doesn't display that the 21-inch wheel can be mount on it

and if the police will check my car on the road and they will see that the 21-inch wheels aren't display on the documents they can confiscate it for security reason

so until i haven't any technical data or a prove that i can mount those wheels on my camaro i can't drive with the 21-inch wheels
I'd go to that dealer and show him your banking info. It should show the cost on your paperwork. That is like a 4500.00 option here in the states.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
Landrix

Quote:
I'd go to that dealer and show him your banking info. It should show the cost on your paperwork. That is like a 4500.00 option here in the states.
but i don't understand how this can help me to receive the GM USA document about the technical data or that those wheels can be mount on the camaro 2012.

because the problem isn't the car dealer, is GM/Chevrolet Europe/USA.

GM/Chev Europe can't give me document because for european camaro has only omologate the 19 and 20-inch wheels and they told to contact GM USA.
GM/Chev USA wan't give me support because i'm not resident on USA and told to contact the GM/Chev Europe...

I'm in a big game of ping pong from/to USA-Europe

And for me i need only a GM USA wheel technical data document or a document where is write that those wheels can be mount on the camaro.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
Marchino

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
To all,

Landrix needs a document from GM with the tecnical specifications of the GM 21" wheels. That's it. Whether he has paid or not the wheels does not matter at all.

So the question is: is there anyone in Camaro5 who, being from the USA and maybe working in the automotive industry, can get this document for him?

The problem is that this document can be issued only to a US citizen

I kindly invite all of you to appreciate how difficult for us is to have and keep this car in Europe. Legislation is much stricter than in the US for all aspects, from technical data to red tapes, not to mention the costs (taxes to possess it, fuel costs, environmental constraints etc. etc.)...

but our passion is unbeatable!!

We really need help from our US friends!!

Thank you
Marco
Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Good luck I have the 21 inch wheels and could not get an official recommended pressure.

My 21" wheels are listed on the official GM window sticker. Would a copy of this help?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
Landrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Good luck I have the 21 inch wheels and could not get an official recommended pressure.

My 21" wheels are listed on the official GM window sticker. Would a copy of this help?
thank you for answer me

i wrote you a pm with my email, maybe can help me.

thanks again