Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #57
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Mine are chipped as well :(.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #58
gappman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I went to the dealer today and of course I was the first case of this they've seen. They told me to hold off for 30 days to see if GM is coming out with a fix for it. I doubt there will be a bulletin from GM within the next 30 days. I'm not worried though, they said they'd fix it up and have me on my way.
gappman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #59
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by gappman View Post
I went to the dealer today and of course I was the first case of this they've seen. They told me to hold off for 30 days to see if GM is coming out with a fix for it. I doubt there will be a bulletin from GM within the next 30 days. I'm not worried though, they said they'd fix it up and have me on my way.
Hold off for 30 days?

They've been building them that way for a year and a half, and your dealer thinks a fix is T minus 30 days?

It is so amazing that a dealer couldn't fix the simplest of problems without explicit directions from a bulletin. Dealers around the country are fixing this exact same problem every day.

If they are stumped, let me help:

1. Remove spoiler
2. Paint trunk
3. Reinstall spoiler, this time without the edges touching the trunk. I figured out how to do that in my garage with 6 rubber .20 cent hardware store washers. If they can't figure that out, it's a lost cause.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #60
aidensdad06

Drives: 2010 SYNERGY CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gappman View Post
OMG! I have it on mine too!
Crap!
same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aidensdad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #61
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Me too!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #62
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Yep, just found it on mine too. Well off to the dealer to get it fixed.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #63
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
so is there an actual recall put out by gm for this? ive tried looking it up but cant find one! checked mine and seen a small chip...looks like i will be making a trip to the dealer tomorrow!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #64
aidensdad06

Drives: 2010 SYNERGY CAMARO
im not happy SG will not be a easy color to match up....................
aidensdad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #65
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
This is a big issue and lots of threads about it. Mine is now chipped too and I plan to bring it in and get it fixed this next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi576 View Post
so is there an actual recall put out by gm for this? ive tried looking it up but cant find one! checked mine and seen a small chip...looks like i will be making a trip to the dealer tomorrow!
No there isn't one. The issue is with the washers underneath not giving enough clearance. They have yet to recall this. You can fix yours now if you catch it before it chips (by going and buying up some rubber washers from the hardware store). The word is they will fix this at no charge to you though.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #66
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
This is a big issue and lots of threads about it. Mine is now chipped too and I plan to bring it in and get it fixed this next week.

No there isn't one. The issue is with the washers underneath not giving enough clearance. They have yet to recall this. You can fix yours now if you catch it before it chips (by going and buying up some rubber washers from the hardware store). The word is they will fix this at no charge to you though.
thank you for the answer to my question, now i will quit trying to look up a recall that hasnt been put out..lol
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #67
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Happened to me too, not very happy. So my options are as follows..

1) Have the whole trunk painted and then worry about if the metal flake matches up with the factory orange peel (which it probably won't) and reinstall the stripes, hoping they go on without any issues

or

2) Have them touch up, wetsand, reclear and polish

Decisions...decisions...

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #68
sgseward

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Wow....already posted on one of the other threads...but I found this on mine today! Keep in mind, I washed the car two days ago and there were no signs of this. I was floored when I saw this tonight! I immediately loosend the bolts and slipped some 3M body tape under the edges to keep it from rubbing more. I'm going to have a local specialty shop look at it first and tell me what they think, then off to the dealer!
Attached Images

sgseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #69
gappman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Hold off for 30 days?

They've been building them that way for a year and a half, and your dealer thinks a fix is T minus 30 days?

It is so amazing that a dealer couldn't fix the simplest of problems without explicit directions from a bulletin. Dealers around the country are fixing this exact same problem every day.

If they are stumped, let me help:

1. Remove spoiler
2. Paint trunk
3. Reinstall spoiler, this time without the edges touching the trunk. I figured out how to do that in my garage with 6 rubber .20 cent hardware store washers. If they can't figure that out, it's a lost cause.
Yeah, the guy at the dealer said he could fix it now but then it would come back and happen again and he doesn't have a clue as to how to prevent it from coming back. He was convinced GM would have something on this for a permanent fix. Strange, I know.
gappman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #70
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
My baby had the same damage, found it earlier this week after a car wash. made me sick. Took her to the dealer, have an appointment to drop her off on Monday to get fixed. The dealer did not say anything about seeing this before but he was not surpised at all when he saw it and agreed instantly to correct it under full warrantee, I hope so, the car is only 5 months old!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chip, chips, paint, spoiler, spoiler chips